Sign in to follow this  
Thumper10

New to Falcon

I am new to the Falcon 4:Allied Force simulation. I have a few technical issues: 1) I am using the Saitek X45 HOTAS. F4AF is able to see the joystick movement and throttle along with the two rotary knobs which are controlling the radar elevation and something else I can't remember... None of the other buttons work, however when I first started playing last week, I at least had the trigger working for the cannon. I don't know why the trigger is no longer seen by F4AF. I have seen on the web that people have posted 'configurations' for the Saitek X45 mapping to the appropriate F4AF HOTAS options, however I see no way to import these into the game. And I haven't found instructions on how to do this. Can anyone tell me how to make the other buttons on the X45 HOTAS usable?How can I import a X45 HOTAS mapping into the game? 2) In flying the Air Refuelling training flight I am able to find and manuever up behind the tanker without too much trouble. When I start to get in close to the tanker and the boom is coming toward me, the Falcon seems to go into an "autopilot-like" state (I didn't activate the auto-pilot). In this state I can't manuever or change speed and I eventually drop out of the sky having run out of fuel. Alternatively, when in this "no-control" state if I do press the "A" key (Autopilot) the plane wobbles and drops away from the tanker and I can regain control. In neither case do I get a refuelling connection. What is going wrong here?How can I resolve this?

Thanks for your help

If you had the trigger working before - make sure you are flicking on the Arm switch in the pit - some training missions already have it armed from startup.

no idea on the x45 myself sorry.

What settings are you trying refuelling on ?

If you are running patch 1.013 (you should be) then even in realistic mode you do get a bit of help stabilizing with the tanker - but it made things a lot easier for me compared to how it was.

Here's my X45 profile:

http://www.nemojio.com/saitek-x45/

Download and extract the zip file to your desktop.

Once extracted the folders explain where to put the files:

GoesInFalconConfigFolder -> place the F16AF113_X45TIR.key file in your falcon Config folder

GoesInSaitekSD6ProfilesFolder -> place the F16AF113_X45.pr0 file in your SaitekSD6Folder normally found C:\Users\Public\Documents\Saitek SD6 Profiles

If you have any trouble ask here or the forum on the site.

Hag

Hag

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I do not recognize any of these directories:

GoesInFalconConfigFolder -> place the F16AF113_X45TIR.key file in your falcon Config folder

GoesInSaitekSD6ProfilesFolder -> place the F16AF113_X45.pr0 file in your SaitekSD6Folder normally found C:\Users\Public\Documents\Saitek SD6 Profiles

I may have needed to clarify that I am using Falcon4: Allied Force and not the original Falcon 4 game. Perhaps there is a different directory structure for F4AF?

Please clarify.

Thanks

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your Saitek from the Saitek website?

Have you gone to http://www.nemojio.com/saitek-x45/ and downloaded the profile?

Have you unzipped the download and placed it in the folders as listed?

Hag

Hag

Downloaded the latest Saitek drivers....CHECK

Downloaded your profile...CHECK

Placed the F16AF113_X45TIR.key file in my falcon Config folder (C:\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\config)...CHECK

Placed F16AF113_X45.pr0 file in my SaitekSD6Folder...NO

You mentioned the F16AF114_X45.pr0 file is usually found in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Saitek SD6 Profiles. I do not have a C:\User\Public\... folder. I do have a My Documents folder, however there is no Saitek SD6 Profiles subfolder under it.

FYI - I only installed the Saitek drivers - running this program: Saitek_SST_Software_32.exe and did not run this program: Saitek_X45_Flight_Controller_SD6_32. Perhaps that is why I don't see the other directory?

Thanks,

John

Now I'm totally confused. Don't worry, it's not you, I get confused when I drink left handed as well.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong ( I loaded the Saitek stuff over 4 years ago, and the new 64bit stuff last year, so I may have this backwards ), but here it goes:

The SST is the Saitek programming software.

The SD6 is the Saitek drivers for your computer.

You should have installed the driver ( SD6 ), then plugged in your stick. Now anytime after that you can install the SST stuff to take advantage of the profiling capability of your HOTAS.

If you have only installed the SST, then your stick is being controlled by the default windows drivers and will not be able to communicate to the SST software.

You definitely need to restart your system with your X45 unplugged and install the SD6 software. Then plug in your controller when prompted. After the drivers load then place my profile in the appropriate place and start you SST software, right click the icon near the time/date and choose the appropriate profile.

Good luck,

If I have it all arse backwards, check the user manual or Saitek site on getting your drivers and software setup properly, then come back and ask if my stuff is still acting weird.

Hag