Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Pfalz D.XII pics

Whiteknight mentioned something about some D.XIIs'. I've been doing some already. So here are some pics. I think there are 9 or 10. Just generics. But accurate. The last couple of pics have a D.IIIa in them. It and the D.XII are marked in Jasta 77b colors. I'm also releasing 18 new Pfalz D.IIIa skins. Completely reworked.

Great work Quack! I can't wait to see this new pack of pfalz skins.

Beautiful, Quack. Thank you. Love your Pfalz skins. Really looking forward to your D-IIIa Skins.

A little touch I would like to add as a decal for new skins and maybe some old. I can make it appear on the first plane of every flight (every fourth) or just the first plane. Or all, what do you think?

I like it, but think you should fully holster the pistol. You'll be flying around with it half falling out all the time. I know you were trying to show people what it was, but I think it will look more realistic the other way. I'd add it to every fourth. Wouldn't have been issued to the other pilots. Also, was the pistol actually mounted externally? I've only seen the cartridges in photos.

Edited by Heck

You're right Heck. The pistol was mostly inside the cockpit. And only flight leaders would have the flares. I figured I would put the gun out side to add alittle detail. Since the cartridges arent 3D they look like a square patch all alone. Well I'll do the cartriges only every 4 or more planes. And maybe I'll try to put the gun in the cockpit or something.

I'll tell you, it would be cool if the attack command could also trigger a bright flare shotgood.gif . Hmmmm

You're right Heck. The pistol was mostly inside the cockpit. And only flight leaders would have the flares. I figured I would put the gun out side to add alittle detail. Since the cartridges arent 3D they look like a square patch all alone. Well I'll do the cartriges only every 4 or more planes. And maybe I'll try to put the gun in the cockpit or something.

I'll tell you, it would be cool if the attack command could also trigger a bright flare shotgood.gif . Hmmmm

No, no, Quack. You're right. Keep the pistol outside. I can't say for certain that no pilot had it mounted like this, and if the detail would tend to disappear if you remove it, especially the wonderful 3d effect you've achieved with the holster, I'd rather keep it. Just holster it deeper, so it doesn't look like it's falling out. It would have been held in by a spring steel clip inside the leather holster. I'm not a stickler for absolute historical realism, because in WW1 we don't really ever have enough bonifide evidence to support a preponderance of evidence anyway. Can I say that sitting in someone's attic there is a photograph of Great Uncle Heinrich's Pfalz, or Albatros, that supports just what you've presented here? No. But, I can't say that there isn't either. Please leave it. You could even offer two versions, one with the pistol, one without. Believe me, I'll be one of the people who chooses with. It is a great piece of art work and if anyone doesn't like it, or their sense of historical realism is just unhinged by it, all they have to do is remove the item from the decal.ini. Great work, Quack. Your work is approaching a truly mature art. Every piece, every detail gets better.

I'm not sure, but I think you could create a flair by creating a special rocket that you'd have to choose as an air to air weapon. You could even have four separate ones to represent the four separate commands in FE2, so the sequence would be: choose a/a weapon attack flare, fire it, choose the attack command from the menu, issue it.

Edited by Heck

I'm not sure, but I think you could create a flair by creating a special rocket that you'd have to choose as an air to air weapon. You could even have four separate ones to represent the four separate commands in FE2, so the sequence would be: choose a/a weapon attack flare, fire it, choose the attack command from the menu, issue it.

Might be worth trying out somehow. Would be very cool.

I'll holster my flare gun grin.gif ..... My wife would get a kick out of that onerofl.gif

Here is where I got the flare gun decal idea from: