Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

South African against Angola scenario?

Do you guys think that a 1980's South Africa scenario is possible?

SAAF Squadrons and a/c flown at time of war

1... Mirage F1AZ

2... Mirage IIICZ, Mirage IIIR2Z, Mirage IIIRZ

3... Mirage IIIEZ, Mirage F1CZ

4... Impala Mk.II

8... Impala Mk.II

12... Canberra B12 & PR9

11... Cessna 185

24... Buccaneer S.50

25... C-47 Dak

28... C-130 Hercules, C-160 Transall

44... C-47 Dak, C-54Skymaster

85AFS... Mirage IIID2Z

Apart from the Buccaneer, we have all the planes needed, we will of course need a skin for some of the planes. About the "Red" side, we have Mig-21 and Mig-23, I think they didn't used anything more, but not sure about it.

What do you think is feasible?

It is very feasible from what you have listed there and if my memory serves me correctly the list of SAAF jets are correct. As to the Angolan's they had the above plus the Mig-17 as a trainer/ground attack aircraft. Also by around 1985 they had a mixed Angolan/Soviet Su-22 squadron of around 10 jets. They also had Mi-24 Hind and Mi-8 Hip back then...

Also remember that Angola also had support from the Cuban's and Soviet's.

From what I have read of the South Africa / Angolan Bushwars they had some mobile SAM systems up to the SA-8/9. If you require further info drop me a PM

Edited by Slartibartfast

Wasn't there someone working on a terrain for that area? I think it was for the Rhodesian conflict in the 70s

Wasn't there someone working on a terrain for that area? I think it was for the Rhodesian conflict in the 70s

Yes it was for the Rhodesian Conflict I have seen some skins come out but no Terrain...

Maybe we should keep terrain and choppers out of a first scenario. I will use the SF default terrain at first. About planes we don't even have skins for all the planes, so we should fix that asap. Also some help in order to get a correct Impala II working will be nice. Maybe Wrench can help? It will need a second pilot, more weapons...

The Current Impala II looks right as it was both a single seater and a twin seat the difference was that the single had a pair of internal 30mm gun's with 300 rounds in the rear cockpit and the weapon's payload is correct from what I remember. Also they didn't build as many singles as they did twin seaters. Remember this was a light attack aircraft usual loadouts would be

4 500lb bombs

2 18 round rocket pods or 4 6 round pods

On occasion heat seeking missiles...

There is a Mi-24 and an Mi-8 helo out there... so adding them could be straight forward

Maybe we should keep terrain and choppers out of a first scenario. I will use the SF default terrain at first. About planes we don't even have skins for all the planes, so we should fix that asap. Also some help in order to get a correct Impala II working will be nice. Maybe Wrench can help? It will need a second pilot, more weapons...

I readed somewhere that SF deset scenario it's a Mozambique one, a little edited.

Maybe You could revert it to the real one ...

I talked about it with Cocas for a colonial Portughese (G-91R4 etc.) campaign some times ago.

If You'ld need some (more) Migs for this very interesting scenario please PM me.

Paul

We're Working this one......not ready in 2weeks :grin:

Mau

very good :ninja:

I can say, a new TMF F1C is definitive coming .. with cockpit :skull:

We're Working this one......not ready in 2weeks :grin:

Mau

Wow, what a beauty, can't wait for this one, I have some cool cammo schemes for it.

very good :ninja:

I can say, a new TMF F1C is definitive coming .. with cockpit :skull:

It's been a few years (3-4) since Ive heard anything about the new build Mirage F-1C from Mirage Factory. It's good to hear this is still a MF project. Is there any word on the MF working on an F-1AZ Version? It would be a wonderful addition for this mod.

It would also be nice to have a Bosbok or Kudu in the mix too. I like the look of the Bosbok.

Ntps-bosbok-N165TP-060223-01cr.jpg

Edited by Vampyre

any updates on any SAAF vs Angola scenario? I would love to fly some sorties in the bush. Any news on an updated Mirage F1?

Thanks,

G