Sign in to follow this  
appraiserfl

Upgraded from three 4:3 monitors to three 16:10s

Having gone from a single 30" 2560x1600 monitor, to a triple monitor setup of 20" x 30" x 20" in a 4960x1600 SoftTH setup, to a triple 4:3 20" in a 4800x1200 eyefinity setup, I have now gone to triple Dell U2410s in a 6048x1200 eyefinity setup and I must say WOW!

The 4800x1200 setup was good (and I now have those monitors for sale on ebay, a 30" dell 3007wfp for sale on ebay and my XFX 5870 for sale on ebay, PM if interested), but the triple widescreen is even more immersive. I don't know what you guys can do to get around SWMABO, but you guys gotta come up with something because this is just amazing!

Heres a picture gallery of my monitor configuration morping over the last year, lol.

A 30" 2560x1600 flanked by two 20.1" 1600x1200s

112220098260.jpg

Three Dell 2007FPs in eyefinity at 4800x1200

120520098598.jpg

Three Dell 2007FPs in eyefinity with the bezels stripped off with a bezel corrected resolution of 5040x1200

0306201012710.jpg

And now three dell U2410s in eyefinity with a bezel corrected resolution of 6048x1200

0425201016275.jpg

Are you trying to make me feel like a stamp collector, appraiserfl ?

When I strain my eyes searching for those little specs, yours must be at least the size of flies.

Might be the right setup for our "1-inch-glasses-Unc", I suppose.

Edited by Olham

appraiserfl

great work my friend.

Well done.

m

Ah, yes, well I have to admit seeing your triple 24" setup inspired me :) My biggest concern was the extra 1,000 pixels of resolution width would tarnish my framerates, but your reports on good frame rates caused me to cave in and go triple wide.

I am running a Sapphire Toxic 5870 2 GB, overclocked to 950mhz, with memory at 1225hz.

Are you trying to make me feel like a stamp collector, appraiserfl ?

When I strain my eyes searching for those little specs, yours must be at least the size of flies.

Might be the right setup for our "1-inch-glasses-Unc", I suppose.

Ah not at all Olham, stamp collecting gets all the babes! The thing is, the everything is not bigger on three screens, what I see on the monitor in front of me is what you would see on a single 24". Triple monitors shine because you get to see and other full monitor to your right and left, which creates realistic immersion. If you wanted things bigger, then I would suggest you go with a HD projector and blow up your picture to 120"

Amazing stuff!

I'm not jealous, no no not a bit of jealousy here!

Jealousy is far too mild a word you know lol.gif

appraiserfl

I'm running 2 x 5970 crossfire X at the moment

but

There are issues with Crossfire X and eyefinity setup. It sounds like Ati 10.4 drivers will fix them. I'm hoping.

Morris

appraiserfl

I'm running 2 x 5970 crossfire X at the moment

but

There are issues with Crossfire X and eyefinity setup. It sounds like Ati 10.4 drivers will fix them. I'm hoping.

Morris

Thats allot of fire power there morris, I am running two Toxic 5870 2Gbs in crossfire! But the problem is OFF does not do crossfire at all, so really you are only using one GPU with this fantastic game. I sold my 5970 because OFF does not take advantage of two GPUs and I was having issues where the two gpus would fight each other and cause worse frame rates! So far the 10.4s don't help much at all in terms of crossfire, in fact I would say they are the worst drivers yet for crossfire. Hopefully the final drivers are better then the preview drivers in that regard.

In essence, you have four GPUs but OFF is only using one of them....and that just sucks!

I WOULD BE SOOOO HAPPY IF OFF WOULD SUPPORT CROSSFIRE!

Edited by appraiserfl

maybe in P4

cheers big man

morris