Sign in to follow this  
Animator

Claim form does not appear…

Hi everyone!

Since Monday I am the proud owner of "Over Flanders Fields" and I am really impressed by this simulation. Unfortunately, although it took quite a while to configure it correctly and to read through all the FAQs, graphic setting instructions, etc. it still does not seem to work properly.

So I could really need your help! :-)

The most frustrating problem first (I will post the other ones in different threads…) – in Campaign mode, the Claim Form does not appear!

After several hours practicing in QC I flew my first campaign mission with a new pilot on the German Side. I downed three RAF BE2c planes that were flying close to my homebase just as I was about to land with my Albatros DII.

When the mission ended no claim form appeared – just a message that the mission took 50 minutes and that my aircraft wasn't damaged in the whole mission.

In the mission review it said that I shot down three BE2cs, too, every single kill was described in detail (why is that detailed Review possible in Campaign mode anyways?).

So where is the claim form?

When should it appear?

And how are claims locked?

Needless to say, that it is pretty frustrating to down three aircrafts in one mission only to realize that there is no way to claim the kills…

The Realism setting is on normal so I assume there should be claim forms to fill out, shouldn't there?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Animator

First, welcome to the OFF forum, Animator! I'm sure you will enjoy your time here, as we are a very affable bunch. New board members buy the first drinks, however! :drinks:

Look in the stickies menu for information about how to set up OFF, tips and tricks, etc.

The problem about not being able to make claims probably stems from an old CFS3 limitation. You may have noticed that a "Goals completed" or a "Goals Failed" message probably appeared while you were flying your campaign mission. Once either of those messages appear, CFS3 stops recording information to your personal pilot folder, so any combat, kills, etc. will not be credited to you, although they do show up in the mission review. Crazy, huh? Fortunately, the goals completed message only comes up if you follow all of your waypoints and fully complete the assigned mission. I think if you warp or skip any waypoints you can avoid this problem 90% of the time.

Perhaps in P4, the devs of OFF will have found a way to have worked around that problem.

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

Ah, thank you for your answer - that was exactly what happened; as I was near enough to my homebase and that was the last waypoint, the "Goals completed" message appeared. The chasing of the three British planes happened after that message.

Good to know... thank you! :)

Animator

Herr Prop-Wasche, thanks for that reply that answered many questions that I had too.

First, welcome to the OFF forum, Animator! I'm sure you will enjoy your time here, as we are a very affable bunch. New board members buy the first drinks, however! :drinks:

Look in the stickies menu for information about how to set up OFF, tips and tricks, etc.

The problem about not being able to make claims probably stems from an old CFS3 limitation. You may have noticed that a "Goals completed" or a "Goals Failed" message probably appeared while you were flying your campaign mission. Once either of those messages appear, CFS3 stops recording information to your personal pilot folder, so any combat, kills, etc. will not be credited to you, although they do show up in the mission review. Crazy, huh? Fortunately, the goals completed message only comes up if you follow all of your waypoints and fully complete the assigned mission. I think if you warp or skip any waypoints you can avoid this problem 90% of the time.

Perhaps in P4, the devs of OFF will have found a way to have worked around that problem.

Err..... shouldn't you have to land? the last waypoint is a landing waypoint so why get goals completed if you haven't landed, doesn't make sense. I'm pretty sure every pilots last mission goal is to land, unless they're suicidal of course.

Sounds pretty wrong to me for the Sim everyone claims is realistic not to have to land to successfull complete a mission, so i guess if you died between the last waypoint and landing that's sucessful?

By the way i love OFF even with these really annoying faults still the best WW1 sim around.

BB

Edited by Beastie boy

By the way i love OFF even with these really annoying faults still the best WW1 sim around.

BB

I'm sure that'll provide Winder, Pol and the rest of the crew with the kind of positive reinforcement they need to make sure Phase IV is released with absolutely no flaws at all.

Welcome to the Forum

Cheers,

Parky