Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Bit of a Problem

dntknw.gif Well I goofed up. I was tinkering with OFF ( trying to get the bomber missions to load and The SE5 views to work) and now it does not play. The error msg states that a non recoverable error has occurred and to reinstall.

Went to reinstall OFF and when try to delete, I get another error msg stating files are rewriteable and it doesnt delete. Catch 22 ?

I guess I should have left well enough alone hun? All airplanes were flyable ( in the 1st person) except N-11 N-16 and SE5 all missions worked except airfield attack and bombing missions. I really like this game ,HELPthis.gif

All I get is being bounced between Msg s The game doesnt open up to allow me to get in the work shop. It just cycles between the 2 msg s. dntknw.gif

yikes.gif Oh GWD what a problem. How do you find the folders ?Salute.gif

Depends. What OS you running?

blink.gif Barkhorn1x: I am running XP with service pax 3. I am not a computer wize ,but will give it a go. Thanks for any help you can give.good.gif

dntknw.gif Unclear, no I didnt touch CFS 3 althought my fingers did itch and point in that direction. I did find the two OBD folders OFF and Scenery. The 1st one was a bit large for the recycle bin. Will Look for the Hidden files tonight Thanks.blink.gif Also did a windows search including hidden files and deleted all that poped up. I was wondering if there was any other way to look for hidden files ?heat.gif

Looks like Uncleal beat me to it.

Good luck on your re-install. :salute:

blink.gif I still dont know if I got all the hidden files. The only method that I know of is use windows search. Any other methods? Thanks grin.gif

blink.gif I still dont know if I got all the hidden files. The only method that I know of is use windows search. Any other methods? Thanks grin.gif

Not really. If you searched and removed then time to reinstall. Make sure you run CFS3 first to ensure that is OK.

this.gif I know that I am being a pest but I have another question. I had bought and installed Hat in the Ring and took out the download insurrence. ( so that incase you need to downloaded 5 times U can) but I have for got how to access it?this.gifthis.gif

this.gif I know that I am being a pest but I have another question. I had bought and installed Hat in the Ring and took out the download insurrence. ( so that incase you need to downloaded 5 times U can) but I have for got how to access it?this.gifthis.gif

Can't help you there bud - you sure you don't have the file saved on your PC? If not I suggest shooting a PM to Polovksi. He is handy in solving these issues.

I got between H and H installed and the super and mini patches. The game starts up but after a little play time it Freezes up or the graphics goes goofy Any ideas ? Thanks for the advice Barrkhone1x and unclear.

The issue could be caused by heat.

Unclear. Ha, that was funny. :blink:

Well, The msgs were ? Why should it be the heat problem after the reinstall when it took a while playing the the game for awhile before c rashing to the game startup? and after a cold start when it use to play now it doesnt ? Stability ? However, Any advice is worth a try so a cleaning I will go.

Well, The msgs were ? Why should it be the heat problem after the reinstall when it took a while playing the the game for awhile before c rashing to the game startup? and after a cold start when it use to play now it doesnt ? Stability ? However, Any advice is worth a try so a cleaning I will go.

Now, IF that doesn't work then - UNINSTALL EVERYTHING - including CFS3 and start from scratch being sure to run the sim at EACH stage of the re-install process.

The best to clean PC is compressed air. You could always try to find a mini compressor, but I've heard there are some problems with the humidity (and in Florida that must be nice) that they tend to create inside. That can damage any board.

So I still use, and will always use, cans of compress air.

The best to clean PC is compressed air. You could always try to find a mini compressor, but I've heard there are some problems with the humidity (and in Florida that must be nice) that they tend to create inside. That can damage any board.

So I still use, and will always use, cans of compress air.

A airbrush might work . Paasche makes a good one not super expensive (used to have one for Plastic models) It ran off a mini compressor I think most Art Stores carry them a lower prices then Hobby shops. However, You still might need to disassemable parts to get into the tight spots. In the long run it might pay for itself with the price of compress cans of air. ( I got a 2 can pack for 19.00 dollars here in California. Only 1 store in a 20 mile area carries the product . Rip Off ?

Uncle Al

Good idea will give it a try. Maybe buying in bulk or on line may be the best deal.