Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Post Your V1.02 Thoughts Here

Just curious as to what people think of the new patch. I for one am majorly impressed with the performance increases, as well as the enhanced A-10 HUD symbology. Haven't had much chance to try the other planes yet, but it really does feel like a whole new game here. B)

I think its great that MP seems to be much more smooth now. No startup lag and the RWR and WP rockets both work now.

I did manage to hit a shilka wiTH a 500lb'er from 7000+ feet in level flight with the new bombing mode so thats not bad either

It's much better then ver 1.1. It's almost incomparable they must have done a lot of recoding. I don't think there will be another patch. But if there is an add-on there is a good base for some new material. :D

Damn, if it's got the lexicon seal of approval, you know it must be good. ;)

Just kidding ya lex... :D

initial testing seems to indicate the large FPS hit of sounds is still there from 1.00.

need to work through that on the weekend.

anyone here have a turtle beach soundcard?

the reason i ask is that in the last run of tests 1 particular soundcard did not display the same loss of framerates. It might be that this issue is not considered worth looking at by ED, so if there's a "magic lomac soundcard" to be found it might be worthwhile getting one.

Edited by Bard

Patch is great, IMHO, its the single best upgrade to a game I've ever seen (apart from addons, etc..). My only grudge is the flare count on the Flankers. Apart from that, great patch, its like a whole new game

Edited by Galeb

I've got some fiddling t do now. My FPS went from 28-35 to 11-16. No change in my hardware. Just flew the A-10 quick "FLY" mission a couple of times, the new effects for the Mk-20's ROCKS!! Now that is what I call a cluster bomb. AIM-9 seems a bit better, not so easily fooled by flares. The new version of the gun pipper I like, though I still gotta get used to it. Frankly I haven't flown for several months, and having to re-key my memory to my X36, It may be a couple of days before I get comfortable. Though I haven't pushed any envelopes, and I have some tweeking to do to my puter, my initial feelings are good. I will, however, reserve judgement until I get back up to speed, and my squadron test the waters more indepth. Cheers!!

Bard, I have the Audigy2 ZS Gamer and I get no fps hit w/sound accelerated or not. If you'd like I can do a test for you, tell me exactly what you'd like me to try. I can do screenies or whatever you'd like.

initial testing seems to indicate the large FPS hit of sounds is still there from 1.00.

the reason i ask is that in the last run of tests 1 particular soundcard did not display the same loss of framerates. It might be that this issue is not considered worth looking at by ED, so if there's a "magic lomac soundcard" to be found it might be worthwhile getting one.

I have a Turtler Beach Santa Cruz, best card out there IMHO... ;) I've never had any FPS hit from the sounds.

I have a Turtler Beach Santa Cruz, best card out there IMHO... ;) I've never had any FPS hit from the sounds.

yeah - i'd be very interested to see how your card performs with this.

So far so good! I have only tried the 'Fly'-mission for the A-10 and a coop su27 mission online with a friend. Both worked excellent. BVR mode of the Flanker has improved drastically; i get a small and welcome increase in fps; the 'new' HUD in the A-10 and all functionality therein is really good. took a coupla turns to adjust to the use of two separate gun/munitions release buttons on the joystick :)

cheers all,

/Krinkle, a k a Sgt.Snorkel

(hope to venture out into the unknown and get my *** kicked on HL someday. ;) )

Undocumentet feature:

If you have damage but manage to RTB and land you can have your plane repaired.

Dirve to the parking area, turn off the engines and wait 3 minuttes. Then you plane is repaired.

It might not be ultra realistic but i think its a fine compromise. Also if you a a stickler for getteing a good score with the new online scoring system then you are rewarded for not wasting a plane

That is a neat addition! I'll have to test it out this evening... ;)

Dirve to the parking area, turn off the engines and wait 3 minuttes. Then you plane is repaired.

Nice feature. :)

Sorry, haven't had a chance, probably not for a day or two. It's working so well here I'm having too much fun flying! ;)

Godamn this sims fun! I hear ya MJ, too much fun flyin around.

Now, to see the modders catch up with it! Dynamic campaign here I come.

Undocumentet feature:

It might not be ultra realistic but i think its a fine compromise. Also if you a a stickler for getteing a good score with the new online scoring system then you are rewarded for not wasting a plane

Hey! That's great, how did you learn about that one???!!

Now all we need is the ability to change load-outs during a mutli-flight mission tasking.

OK! you asked for it. This is what the game should have been from the initial release. It runs smooth like Mexican water thru A American tourist, and I don't know what they did to the A.I but those suck'ua will try to kill you !!! I would to thank the biohaz staff for staying on the ball with this one, it been A big pain in the ass I know ! And also I would like to thank our friends at E.D for saving this game for us. it play great now, I know when UBICRAP drop support for this project things was look'in up! IT EVEN PLAYS WITHOUT THE CD! Well I have to go now, I think im coming down with that loac flu and I have to call in sick !

Undocumentet feature:

Now all we need is the ability to change load-outs during a mutli-flight mission tasking.

It's in the readme.lol We keep having to tell people to read the readme, but nobody wants to.LOL

We hope the reapir feature helps for teamplay online

i keep telling people the same :) but i cant find this piece of info anywhere

... not even in the sticky readme that Stormin just posted on the UBI board

Undocumentet feature:

It's in the readme.lol We keep having to tell people to read the readme, but nobody wants to.LOL

We hope the reapir feature helps for teamplay online

would have been nice if the readme was say, a pdf file.

not everyone has a compatible reader to the .doc file.

For sound try a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS. They are about $75 to $85 but they work well with recording and sound in general. I have noticed that the sound is diffrent and better with the 1.2 patch.