Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Post Your V1.02 Thoughts Here

MS Word comes w/Windows ME and XP.

...anyways: For those having problems opening the read_me file i have just posted the file in HTML format in a sticky... next! ;)

no it doesn't ruggbutt, you are mixing ms word up with wordpad - which has only very basic compatibility to the word document. some users have been complaining that the documents don't open properly in their version of wordpad.

thanks for doing a html version ghost - I can convert it to pdf if you'd like me to upload.

No, it does not. Wordpad comes with the OS, not Word. Word is a part of the MS Office Suite of applications, and is a revenue product. It is not given away for free.

-Skater

no it doesn't ruggbutt, you are mixing ms word up with wordpad - which has only very basic compatibility to the word document. some users have been complaining that the documents don't open properly in their version of wordpad.

thanks for doing a html version ghost - I can convert it to pdf if you'd like me to upload.

:)

Beat me to it!

-Skater

ok, may just be me, but the F/A-18 is now transparent as are some weapons.

beyond that, lovin' that patched-up goodness

I have heard about the ghost F18 on the official forum so its robably not just you. I havent seen this for my sef yet but i'll check.

I did however check out the landing/take-off modeling and it does seem much better. No jerking when you lift off and it looks like it now registrers all three wheels on both landing and take-off B)

ok got 1 set of results from a turtle beach user. He looked up at the sky rather than down at the ground, so long as he followed the same method each time it doesn't matter - in fact it's a better method since you are unloading the graphics processing from the system.

no sound

93fps constant

no hardware accel

High - 88, as aircraft are audible 57, back up to 88 (35% framerate drop)

hardware accel

High - 88, as aircraft are audible 43 (low dip of 23), back up to 88 (51% framerate drop)

barton 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1 gig Crucial Ram, Herc 9800 pro, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz ( Videologic Sonic Fury ) Soundcard, Abit NF7-S revision 2, Windows 2000 Professional, DirectX 9.0b, Cat 4.5 .

unfortunately this was the only hope i had of working around the sound problem.

Speaking solely for the SP part in my opinion it has improved greatly, I like CCRP mode on the A-10, and I like the more realistic armament for the SU-27 (which still is my all time favourite plane).

Also I have had a great increase in FPS but my rig is kinda modest 1.2 Ghz AMD and 512 MB ram, assisted by a GForce 5600 Ultra on a A7nx8 MBoard.

Just my not so humble input! <_<

Cheers

Staffan

Well, I can now play the game. I've had to set everything as low as possible, but I can get 20+ fps most of the time on my 866 MHz PIII, 32 Mb GeForce 2 MX, and 512 Mb PC133 RAM system. The only odd thing I've seen with my limited time with the sim is some transparent mavericks. Other than that, it's cool!

mp is more stable yet ,still a lot off warping in some games?,

funny sometimes watching jets do vertical take offs at 3000 mph then suddenly roll

around on the ground doing 360 rolls?, :lol:

find also the fps are little less since 1.02 patch ,

since the patch has fixed a lot off issues seams to have made new issues to?

oh well back to the drawing board , hope they do another patch :blink:

Edited by ARCHER

Undocumentet feature:

If you have damage but manage to RTB and land you can have your plane repaired.

Dirve to the parking area, turn off the engines and wait 3 minuttes. Then you plane is repaired.

It might not be ultra realistic but i think its a fine compromise. Also if you a a stickler for getteing a good score with the new online scoring system then you are rewarded for not wasting a plane

thats great to know

Edited by HAmmer

Well you can fly the F-15 now , but they screwed up the A-10! The hawg won't fly level no matter how much you trim it up, the mavericks miss 100% of the time. you can move the slider, but then you can't decoy the AI missles.And to top it off , you still can't read the HUD Becuse of the colors.Also the TV seeker on the HUD sticks to the sides of the frames, and if you try to force it free it messes up the trim. And if thats not enuff then might I add A new one that I have'nt herd anyone bring up yet, the TVM is to hard to distinguish your target from the background! fix somthing brake som'in !!!!

came across some problems last night in the inbuilt a-10 co-op mission.

about 20 minutes into the mission framerates started to slow down for everyone playing until we were getting a frame per minute. ended the mission and relaunched and it worked ok.

so there's a critical bug left in the sim - just need to figure out what's causing it.

during this time all network traffic looked fine (running monitoring software to analyse what is going on).

the TV seeker on the HUD sticks to the sides of  the frames, and if you try to force it free it messes up the trim.

This is the only thing in the sim that I've seen, and I fly the A10 alot. As to the rest you must be playing a different game.

Edited by ruggbutt

Bard, a regular memory leak i would say.

It seems also that they haven't use any kind of LOD for 3D models and that's a big hit on the FPS.

It wasn't a mem leak, it was someone not connecting at the right connection setting. The same situation was occuring in beta testing as well and each time it was corrected by everyone adjusting thier connection settings properly. If one person enters a server using 33.6 on a cable connection when they should be using at least 128/128 it will bring the server to it's knees.

Agreed. I've ran missions with 3-5 people for several hours without this issue.

i believe everyone connected with the correct settings - it was someting we did in concert and step by step to ensure that everyone had the correct settings.

in the next patch it would be nice for the network code to not replicate a problem with 1 person's connection to all the other users.

the only way i would think that this sort of situation would happen is if the network code is waiting for information from clients before continuing processing - instead put a time out on the transactions - if data is not received continue to use the last data sent - this way only the person lagging or flooded would experience the problems, not everyone.

if something doesn't work because of a situation, remove the situation, or make it work differently ;)

that's how you solve problems :D

You seem to have all the answers Bard, when can we expect your flight sim??

Yup I too anxiously await news of this new Flight Sim you seem to be able to put together soo easily that we should see it in what 3 to 4 weeks? Yeah i thought so, stop looking for problems and enjoy the game

Edited by 195th_Moses

Sorry, but it is difficult to enjoy when 10-15 minutes into the mission you are down to 2 fsp. Fishing for solutions here......HELLO?

online or offline Growler?? If this occurs online then I assure you that someone in your server is trying to connect with the wrong settings. There might not be anything you can do about it on your end except look for a server with folks using the correct settings.

For what it's worth I cant get into a online game now days without spending the first ten minutes doing tech support because folks just dont want to use the correct settings, or they just dont know about them.

Whats your system specs Growler and situation where this slowdown occurs and I will try and help.

You seem to have all the answers Bard, when can we expect your flight sim??

when someone wishes to pay me to design one.

i can alternatively charge my hourly consulting rate for projects already underway.

Yup I too anxiously await news of this new Flight Sim you seem to be able to put together soo easily that we should see it in what 3 to 4 weeks? Yeah i thought so, stop looking for problems and enjoy the game

i'll start playing to "have fun" once the opportunity to have problems fixed has passed.

right now, i'd prefer what time i have available goes into getting this product improved/fixed over "enjoying it".

4 months left for patching.. what are you guys doing besides dropping smartarse comments?

Howbout you fix the game, then have Mower do a review on it. Then if it's a good fix, we'll all buy it.

Makes everyone happy and then you get to say "I toldya so".