Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Adding a ghost flare gun

I would try this myself but I'm working on a bunch of skins. But is it possible to add a ghost gun that would shoot on a key stroke out of the starboard side of the cockpit facing, say, 30 deg up and about 2 O'clock out? Then a tracer similar to the le prieur rockets could be added. Also where the flame would be on the le prieur rockets, can be changed to a color, like red, green, or blue. Maybe the flare effect can be triggered by the "Tab 1" attack command.

Just a thoughtok.gif

Could we just add a "countermeasure flare dispenser" like on Thirdwire jets, but adjust the angle to fire up to the right at a 45 degree angle? We would of course have to import the flare effects etc. also. Just a thought........

I was thinking the same thing...would be easy enough as long as the 'hooks' are in the FE engine to use CM.

FC

Fascinating idea! Has this been implemented in any other WWI sim past or present? Not OFF at least. If no other, the FE community could scoop the rest of them... :grin:

There are many accounts of flight leaders using flares to round up wingmates and head home, bombing/ground attack, etc. Don't know if using a flare to announce an air-2-air attack would be a good idea; kinda contra to the element of surprise :dntknw:

[Flare_Station]

SystemType=DECOY_DISPENSER

EjectPosition= 0.06,-3.64,1.02

EjectVelocity= -15.0,0.0,0.5

NumFlare=5

This are the lines for a upward firing flare as i used it in my MiG-23PFM. To get a 45° shot you must play only with a EjectVelocity data.

What a great idea.

Could you set up two flare stations for almost the same spot - one for red flares and one for green? Set them for different keys. You would only need to provide for two flares of each colour.

LloydNB