Sign in to follow this  
UnknownPilot

Next d-bag of the week?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/04/26/report-tito-ortiz-arrested-for-domestic-violence/?icid=main|netscape|dl6|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmafighting.com%2F2010%2F04%2F26%2Freport-tito-ortiz-arrested-for-domestic-violence%2F

I enjoy the UFC and thought Tito (Ortiz) was a cool guy. But how are you going to get physical with a woman when you are a former UFC lite-heavy-weight champion?

I know some people that think that if a woman attacks you it's ok to respond in kind, especially if she's a big brute herself, but I vehemently disagree with that. Either way, Tito's wife clearly is no body builder or fighter, which would just make it that much worse. (I'd be just as offended if he was a meek 5 foot nothing computer nerd card carrying member of the 30lb benchpress club and she were an amazon. But when a trained heavy weight fighter? ugh! Words fail me.)

Not enough details, but apparently she has an injured arm and is pressing charges. It's disgusting (that a guy would physically assault a woman).

I think she made it all up because she was cracked out on oxycotin....again......

Could be an interesting twist. Will have to see if more information comes out, because that article was rather sparse. But it did point to it happening. Many people seem to find it plausible too, but I don't know the guy personally. dntknw.gif

http://www.mmafighti...tic-violence%2F

I enjoy the UFC and thought Tito (Ortiz) was a cool guy. But how are you going to get physical with a woman when you are a former UFC lite-heavy-weight champion?

I know some people that think that if a woman attacks you it's ok to respond in kind, especially if she's a big brute herself, but I vehemently disagree with that. Either way, Tito's wife clearly is no body builder or fighter, which would just make it that much worse. (I'd be just as offended if he was a meek 5 foot nothing computer nerd card carrying member of the 30lb benchpress club and she were an amazon. But when a trained heavy weight fighter? ugh! Words fail me.)

Not enough details, but apparently she has an injured arm and is pressing charges. It's disgusting (that a guy would physically assault a woman).

I have to say I have changed my opinion regarding men hitting women recently, having shared a house with a psycho girl and meeting her then boyfriend who moved in with us. He is one of the kindest and decent guys I have ever met, proper decent Navy lad. The "girl", if I can call her that, played psychological mind games with him for ages and eventually got physical, culminating in a savage attack that left him with a permanent scar to his face. I've seen this guy on his knees in tears before, not because of pain but because he loved her and could not understand why she could be so cold, and not once did he raise his fist to her.

After the final incident, needless to say he left, but we still remain good friends. The domestic violence police contact dealing with the case said that she has never before said this but in all her experience she has never met a guy who could have taken all that without hitting back. Here is how the newspapers reported it http://www.thisisply...il/article.html What they failed to report are that the phone was his phone that he was paying for on his name, and that she left scars not just on his face, but his shoulders and back as well, all with her teeth.

I concluded that if in a similar situation, right or wrong, I would not, indeed could not, allow that to happen to me. Sometimes equal rights for men and women means an equal right to a good kicking, I do not discriminate between men and women in such situations, if either sex tried to bite chunks of my body and face off, they would suddenly find themselves lacking their front teeth and tasting my elbow or knee instead. Because of this one stupid girl, and because of my friends honourable attitude, he carries a scar that reminds him of her every single time he looks in the mirror. Sorry if I seem to be ranting, the thread just resonates with me at this time.

Edited by GwynO

I can understand your feelings on the issue given that situation.

But I still don't agree with striking a woman. Now granted, it helps that I'm 6'2" and a healthy 225lbs. But as Yoda once said "size matters not". I personally do beleive in defending yourself from female attackers. But defense is not the same as offense. Deflection and control, from training can be used to prevent harm from coming to yourself, as well as to subdue the would-be attacker. Of course working to avoid the situations altogether can help tremendously too.

I can understand your feelings on the issue given that situation.

But I still don't agree with striking a woman. Now granted, it helps that I'm 6'2" and a healthy 225lbs. But as Yoda once said "size matters not". I personally do beleive in defending yourself from female attackers. But defense is not the same as offense. Deflection and control, from training can be used to prevent harm from coming to yourself, as well as to subdue the would-be attacker. Of course working to avoid the situations altogether can help tremendously too.

An elbow to the face can be a good deflection. I'm not short on physical matter myself, but women can make just as determined attackers as men. In a perfect world, psychos would wear green hats or something to warn you in advance, unfortunately sometimes the true colours of men and women aren't revealed until it is sometimes tragically too late, take the example of women or men who harm their own children either to get attention for themselves or to get back at their partners. Sometimes, a good kick in the ass is not only justified but laudable conduct, regardless of race, sex, or any other thing, that is true equality.

Ya know, it's not right to strike anybody, regardless of gender unless during moments of self-defense. No one should be restrained to defend themselve because of the attacker's gender. That's just dumb. If you're getting your ass handed to you, then you should have just cause to take whatever actions necessary to delay, hault, and/or neutralize any hostile acts that you are suffering from. Gender is not, and should never be a shield for an attacker to be free to carry on their assault without immediate ramifications from the victim. And if the attacker happens to be 1/10th the size and weight of the victim, oh well. This whole idea that gender makes a difference is bulls***! Forgive me if I may be incorrect, but isn't the other gender demanding equality since the turning of the 20th century? If they want equality, then they have to accept the consequences for any reckless and unacceptable behavior. No one is deserving of a pedestal. We're all the same mud. Nobody is cleaner than the other.

serverandenforcer

I still feel wierd about hitting a female. However, i understand anybody defending itself regardless of gender. It may seem strange, leave a bad feeling, but it is actually logical. I think that it is something wich should remain at discrection given the circunstances of the assault.

Ie. Not too long ago i had a physical misunderstanding with a guy, and his girl slapped me at will after the argument was somekind of ended. I couldn´t reply, anyway she weighted a half what i do and caused no harm but a few scratches and she had reasons to be mad at me. I din´t feel like it was right to reply in a violent way, but if she used any kind of improvised weapon, it would have been right

Taking it to the legal aspect. In Spain, law punishes more severely a man who strikes her partner than the opposite event, however, this assaults could be covered by the "abuse of superiority" if the male has some dominance over the woman, either physically or mentally. So far this law is, without any need or use, inconstitutional.

Edited by macelena

It seems like more info is coming.

As for defending yourself against a women:

My first ex-wife and I were having an argument(we were still married and alcohol was involved).

She came at me with a kitchen knife(I'm 6 ft/190 she was 5 ft 120). I deflected the knife with left arm and got scratched. I promptly clipped her on the chin with right cross.

Sat her on her butt. Argument over.

Police said(she called them) self-defense.

Police officers said no one has to take physical abuse-women or otherwise.

GwynO, that's a reason that I think people should all be trained. By and large we have a rampant amount of disrespect today - globally. I know I take extreme jumps with this analogy, but I'm trying to state the entire snowball effect briefly: If you don't respect someone, what is to stop you from stealing from them, or assaulting them, or even finally killing them? As I said, big leaps, but like the journey of a thousand miles (ie something large) it begins with a single step (something small). Respect and honor are never given, nor taken, but they MUST be defended and held.

S&E, ignoring the overbearing police state we live in these days for a moment, there is nothing wrong with violence. It is the way of nature, and nobody can claim to know better than nature. Life is life and not all that special (didn't we have that discussion before? lol), be it algae, a stink bug, a beef cow, or a human. It's all the same crap. You don't think twice about killing the stink bug in your house, do you? It's all about perception. But all of life from top to bottom is a struggle, a violent struggle with intense competition. And it's not always about predator and prey, just as often it's about ranking within a group (primarily in social mammal species.... which includes us). And finally, if you follow the brains process, particularly the triune brain, emotions, including rage, and the physical actions/reactions, they instigate are also natural. In it's most simplified form, might does make right, because the victors write the history books (and enforce their moral code).

Also, we are NOT equal. Not in the least. Men and women are not equal just for starters. Of equivalent value, yes, but not equal. Equal means the same. And any child with roughly equal aged siblings can tell you that boys are not the same as girls. There are always exceptions, but on the whole, we (men) ARE stronger, more prone to violence, and more able to take hits. By and large women want a man to take control, even if just in bed, but generally, overall. That's why nice guys finish last, and the bad boys ride off with the hottie after the nice guy just helped her through a tough emotional time.

And that extends even to within gender groups. We are not the same, and so we are not all equal. Not even in the eyes of the law when you get down to it because fame and money bring with it the sort of treatment that everybody should receive. And of course if you DO get into any sort of altercation with anybody, even just verbal, better make sure they are the same race as you (or that they are white, either one works here), because if not you'll end up on the bad side of a "hate crime" charge. But again, outside of the law, size, natural ability, and skills all come into play and we are just simply not equal. (Though Samuel Colt went a long way toward changing that situation)

EZ, you were within the realm of self defense, but there were still other ways to handle the situation. I'm not calling you out, nor disparaging you in any way, I'm just making a point. Once you blocked the weapon, she was basically defenseless. Now, it must be said, there is a good chance that it would have stopped only the attack, but not the crazy and knocking her on her ass stopped the crazy. And yes, it probably did her some good in the end too, as well as short circuiting the situation. But right or wrong, it's just my nature that I would have subdued her, and if necessary, picked her up and locked her out of the house and called the police ONLY to pre-empt her on it (though I am loathe to call the police for anything short of a post break-in situation that arrived at after it was over).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OvvgPwGZOU

Also, we are NOT equal. Not in the least. Men and women are not equal just for starters.

I agree with you on this. I'm just stating that one minute, they want to be treated equal, and then the next they want to be treated better than equal. Equality is something that just can't be defined nor accomplished. It is almost an impossible task.

Now I'm not saying that men should freely go out beat up a woman if she trys to start up a fight. I believe in minimum force necessary to accomplish the task... which in a DV case would be to stop the attack. Stopping the attack doesn't mean you have to knock the person out, but just keep them from continuing what they're doing to you (which sometimes has to lead to knocking the person out lol). But anyways, I'm not pro violence, and yes, it is in our nature to be violent... since day 1... no wait, I think it was day 10950... how many years was it since the dawn of Adam when Cane killed Able? :grin:

Everyone, male, female, or otherwise, has the right to use necessary and proper (not overly excessive) force to defend themselves.

I have personally (not second hand stories or spun up scare tales) seen it go both ways.

Cowardly men severely mistreating women, but also (and just as frequently) women using their "gender" as an excuse to engage in destructive and overly aggressive behavior (and crying foul when they get checked on it.)

Both groups sicken the hell out of me, however only the first group suffers any consequences (and rightfully so) from their screwed up actions.

"Men are not supposed to strike women"

I call nonsense on that. For if that rule applies, then women are not supposed to hit men (or other women for that matter). However we know that to not to be true.

Unfortunately we live in a society that whole heartily excuses (and condones) the destructive actions of one group (often the excuse is "someone else made me do it") while it also bring fire and brimstone down on another group for doing the similar things.(Please tell me where is the equality, respect, and equal treatment???)

As for Tito Ortiz perhaps is a complete abusive a$$ or he could be victim in this particular case.

Did he act wrong? Maybe or Maybe not

Did his wife act wrong? There is that possibility as well

Unfortunately, regardless of what comes to light on this particular incident it appears a legal decision was already made the moment after this occurred.

You know the answer, and you know who will bear the entire burden/blame regardless of who did what to whom.

It is the way our society works...

I agree with you on this. I'm just stating that one minute, they want to be treated equal, and then the next they want to be treated better than equal. Equality is something that just can't be defined nor accomplished. It is almost an impossible task.

Now I'm not saying that men should freely go out beat up a woman if she trys to start up a fight. I believe in minimum force necessary to accomplish the task... which in a DV case would be to stop the attack. Stopping the attack doesn't mean you have to knock the person out, but just keep them from continuing what they're doing to you (which sometimes has to lead to knocking the person out lol). But anyways, I'm not pro violence, and yes, it is in our nature to be violent... since day 1... no wait, I think it was day 10950... how many years was it since the dawn of Adam when Cane killed Able? :grin:

You made clear and valid points in your first post, so no need to feel that you condone deviant and destructive behavior simply because you do not believe submitting allowing someone put their hands on you.

And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

:heat::heat::rofl:

My suspicions on the whole Tito deal is that it is well known that his wife is addicted to oxy-cotton (however you spell it) and that he's trying to get her off of it. He probably caught her in the bathroom trying to get high and made an attempt to stop her. She probably put up a fight with him and Tito probably pushed her away... probably pretty hard for her size, and she fell on the floor, injuring herself. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's a mixture of both of their statements on what they said had happened.

My suspicions on the whole Tito deal is that it is well known that his wife is addicted to oxy-cotton (however you spell it) and that he's trying to get her off of it. He probably caught her in the bathroom trying to get high and made an attempt to stop her. She probably put up a fight with him and Tito probably pushed her away... probably pretty hard for her size, and she fell on the floor, injuring herself. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's a mixture of both of their statements on what they said had happened.

Let's also not forget what this woman did for money early on in life. While I personally don't have a problem with that I do know that mindset comes with a whole lot of other baggage. I lived with a stripper for 3 years. I'd never date one again. Same kinds of issues. And twice I had to take one of my guns away from her so I didn't become a statistic. I'm on Tito's side with this one. She's not hurt bad enuf for her story to be believable. Also, has anyone here ever used an ace bandage for anything other than holding a compress or gauze pad on? Cuz I've had broken bones and sprained everything and I'm here to tell you that an ace bandage is about worthless when it comes to real injuries. However, an ace bandage looks awesome on the news when you're trying to show how bad you're "hurt".

Jenna is on the dope and prolly injured herself.

As for smacking a woman: I had another ex that was a black belt in Karate. She could get her licks in but the only time she ever really hurt me was after coming off of surgery (had two screws put in my left ankle to hold both bones together) she leg swept me in the driveway cuz she was pissed at me. I was wearing a half cast/splint. I was still too swollen to cast my leg. It hurt like hell and I almost cried in front of god and everyone but instead I stood back up. She came at me again and bam, bam she got a left and a right. She looked like a racoon the next day at work. And I have zero remorse for doing it. She stepped into the ring and wanted to fight like a man so I treated her like one. IMHO examples like the above are the only reasons you should smack a chick. Unless they're into it and you're horizontal and that's a whole 'nother thread.

Edited by Ruggbutt

Did he act wrong? Maybe or Maybe not

Did his wife act wrong? There is that possibility as well

Unfortunately, regardless of what comes to light on this particular incident it appears a legal decision was already made the moment after this occurred.

You know the answer, and you know who will bear the entire burden/blame regardless of who did what to whom.

It is the way our society works...

Who is right? Who is wrong? I think that as usual, the point will go to the one who rents the more expensive lawyers. And the gender has no involvement in that. It is the way our society works...

Looks like you might have nailed it.

Just listening to a morning show podcast from Friday and they were saying that Jenna is now not going to press charges, and that what was said was "said out of shock over what happened", and that it had all become very distorted.

Still no real word on just what did happen, but if she's recanting like that, either she was responsible, or, is just a battered wife (the kind that are beaten to within an inch of their lives and then beg the cops not to take him away). Still a messed up situation either way.

When do they film TUF? I imagine that was completed before all this went down? Gotta see this weeks, find out why Chuck and Dana are at each other's throats (very unexpected).