Sign in to follow this  
Barkhorn1x

Dev's - How's about a P4 Bone?

C'mon guys we deserve it. :clapping:

(PS = I can tell you right now that I am buying!!! :good:)

We can alas, only speculate...but I suspect, it will be remarkable :good:

Bones for Barkhorn:

here is a secret picture of a pilot holding a stick, as far as Pol has modelled him yet. :grin:

Edited by Olham

The competion that exists today, which didn't exist when P3 was released is so fierce, I'd be extremely surprized to see a bone thrown our way

dntknw.gif

Spitballing here.

I know that the Devs have said that and they would know better than I how true that is. But...unless I am missing something, OFF has NO peers in terms of a dynamic single player campaign with all the detail of squads/skins/aces, etc.

The only thing that comes close is RB3D and who wants to play that w/ its (2010 world) primitive graphics and FM/DM.

Sure, RoF may boast more detailed models, FMs/DMs - but to what purpose? MP I guess. But that is not a satisfying campaign experience. And this is why the majority of us fly OFF.

Spitballing here.

I know that the Devs have said that and they would know better than I how true that is. But...unless I am missing something, OFF has NO peers in terms of a dynamic single player campaign with all the detail of squads/skins/aces, etc.

The only thing that comes close is RB3D and who wants to play that w/ its (2010 world) primitive graphics and FM/DM.

Sure, RoF may boast more detailed models, FMs/DMs - but to what purpose? MP I guess. But that is not a satisfying campaign experience. And this is why the majority of us fly OFF.

Also Rise of Flight has a mere handful of planes, and it charges you for all but the four initial ones, which makes the cost of the thing heap up and never stop growing (until they stop making planes). It also takes a killer computer setup to run, one that some of us (me at least) don't have or can't afford.

Well, my humble oppinion - OFF only competes against itself.

And the guys surely want to make it a good step forward, to harvest our "Ahhhs!" and "Ooohhhs!"

without the complaints like "Why is this different to bevor?" or "You seem to have messed up that!"

So, when they are their only serious competitors with P3, I don't know, why they give out so little info.

I mean - it is no secret that helps any other developers to know it, if they would say "We add the Morane

Saulnier monoplane" or something like that.

I believe, they rather try to avoid endless questions and answers, by not giving away anything.

No problem for me - I am so busy with P3; I can wait!

OK - let's do wish lists. :clapping:

More two seaters:

- Salmson 2A2

- Breguet A2

- DH4

- DH9

- Rumpler CV

- Albatross C series

Yea Belgians:

- Hanriot HD1

More pursuit planes:

- Sopwith Snipe

- Seimens-Schukert DIII and DIV

- Pfalz DXII

Other stuff:

- Complete ace lists that update kills as the date advances

- When aces die in a battle they disappear from the OOB

- Losses for each squad are tracked more realistically

- A/c losses tracked realistically so a badly depleted squad has few planes until replacements arrive

- Medals case that opens to display collection

- Claim forms specific to each nationality

- Balloons downed during non balloon busting missions counted as kills

- More menu artwork (Duty room like a bar area w/ clickable links to rosters, ace lists, etc., Breifing room has a wall map and chalk board for mission details.

...that's about it. :heat:

Oh cool...a list (again) :grin:

Ok...Mine as follows

Sopwith Snipe

Pfaltz DXII

Rumpler CV

Any heavy Bomber

And I would absolutely adore to have a video replay option (though I am 99.9% sure thats impossible)

C'mon guys we deserve it. :clapping:

(PS = I can tell you right now that I am buying!!! :good:)

No.

Like uncleal said... we are being watched, and we know it.

Sorry... those days are over, but it was fun while it lasted.

OvS

No.

Like uncleal said... we are being watched, and we know it.

OvS

Well, that's that then. OK - we will wait. :cool:

Hmmm - of course you are watched!

We watch you, for example.

Now, don't become like Howard Huges, boys!

Remember: when MvR realised, that there was no colour to make his craft invisible, he painted it red.

Whatever is offered will no doubt be an amazing edition to a sim that is THE model for others to try and replicate. But without the desire, passion and dreams that the devs have, and the support of such an intense group of followers as there are here, they can only imagine what it must be like to be on the top looking down.

Still consider myself a newbie as I try to master the current edition but would like to make a request if I may. Would it be possible to get unmarked versions of the aircraft that would make it easier for some of us to skin? There are a few that I have found but one of each would be awesome. I know that getting templates is a stretch but this would be great, even better would be aircraft with 2 layers, the unmarked skin layer and the weathering layer. This would allow us to add our markings in between. I continue to try and develop some that I have been working on but have not come close to the level that a few of the masters here have.

Edited by nbryant

Rumors tell of the presence of Zepplin Sheds, but we don't have a Zepplin of our own yet. However those Zepplin Sheds if they do exist, are large enough to serve as hangers for Multi-engine Bombers

Al, Zepplins Sheds were there in P1

I remember doing deep penetrations near the coast to attack them

It was most amusing to lay a load of eggs on one and watch the whole barn blaze up if there was a Zep inside

MG torchups were even more challenging

Waiting for P4 sure will be tough

With the Devs in the Dome of Silence, we've nothing to do but dream and speculate

But as long as we can offer up suggestions that are given reasonable consideration

...we've still got a lot more than most simmers do!

Rock on Devs! good.gif

Here's a shot of the P1 Zep Sheds

Scenery has come a long way, hasn't it?

And Yikes! ...remember the exploding grass?

You've come a long way Baby! yikes.gif

post-45814-12725131694027.jpg

Edited by Duce Lewis

My two cents for new things:

1. Belgian campaigns. Hanriot needed, yes, but they also flew Camels, SPAD VIIs, SPAD XIIIs, BE2s (some modified with Hispano-Suiza engines and some stock), RE8s (some with Hisso engine, some stock), Nieuport 11s, Nieuport 23s, Pups and Strutters. That's just what's already in the sim (well, the 23 isn't, but it was essentially an N17 with 10 more hp [an overly simple description]). The Breguet 14s and Farmans and SPAD XI would be nice, too, if they could be made. Perhaps all this could be a future HITR-esque add-on.

2. Accurately represented airfields. Flying out of Boistrancourt that looks like Boistrancourt, flying out of Vert Galant looks like Vert Galant, etc. Perhaps not every single field could be historically represented because some documentation and/or photos could be scarce, but photos/information exists for many popular fields (although each field would require several versions to represent their changes over time). One of the Devs (forgive me, forget which) said in the recent past that something like this could be done. "Could" be done, mind you, not would be done.

3. Schlachtflieger campaign and the machines necessary to fly such a campaign. Similar to 1, perhaps a future add-on.

... we are being watched, and we know it.

OvS

I thought OFF stood for Operation Frozen Fortitude.

I think it's an excellent idea that OFF P4 should focus on the WW1 air war in Antartica. Very bold step to bring such an overlooked theatre of the war to the publics attention. That'll certainly catch competitors on the hop. Bravo!

Oh yes, here is the photo of circa 1917 fur coats you asked me to source for reference.

post-45899-12725235763781.jpg

Edited by Flyby PC

We'll have to think about it :)

Walls have ears or something.

Uncleal that definitely was not the Morane Parasol in P3 movies - you are thinking of the Bristol M1C Monoplane.

Well, one thing is for certain...when it arrives, it will have been worth the wait no doubt!

Me?....I am still struggling to stay alive in P3...let alone P4!

Hey, Scenery's come a loooooong way indeed, Duce!

So forget about getting a bone thrown - wait for the full bacon.

It will be so much juicier!

Hmmm - of course you are watched!

We watch you, for example.

Now, don't become like Howard Huges, boys!

Remember: when MvR realised, that there was no colour to make his craft invisible, he painted it red.

I agree, and we're certainly no where near being or feeling paranoid as what it might look like. Let's just say we're a lot smarter now. There are things that we notice, that you guys simply won't becuase you're playing it, we're building it.

So, when you notice too many things becoming parallel, and the other party starts to recieve credit for it all as if it was their idea and an all new concept, you learn fast it's best to keep the hangar doors closed until it's ready to fly.

Another one of my many famous cryptic analogies.... cool.gif

OvS

So, when you notice too many things becoming parallel, and the other party starts to recieve credit for it all as if it was their idea and an all new concept, you learn fast it's best to keep the hangar doors closed until it's ready to fly.

True. Specially the campaign HiTR. Too much coincidence I'd say, in spite the American market being always attractive to any simulator.

I remember one of our dear developers, and myself, tried to raise the coincidence issue in the other forum, but we were both silenced and our posts erased.

So I say, some precaution is needed; and if this is just a game nonetheless there're commercial interests involved.

I'd like a honest competition, but this seems to be hard in these days.

It's true that I support both games, but my heart will be always with OBD.

So I guess, I don't really need a bone. I trust the OBD's capabilities to improve OFF.

I'll wait but hope that it won't take long for phase IV.

Was just joking, OvS - I fully understand what you mean!

And I don't need bones. OFF will provide me with lots to do, before P4 will come out.

Still have to start a SPAD VII carreer, for example.

And what would such a bone do? If you told Widowmaker, that there will be a Snipe,

he would be unable to concentrate on his work until then. And if you told him, there would

not be a Snipe, he would write lots of complaints, nobody wanted to read.

Okay, enough words - must hurry to my Albatros! :cool:

OvS and all: it is one of the biggest compliments for an artist by the way,

when others try to copy him.

Exploding grass? "Hang-on bug"?? Along with the 50 foot Fiasco???

That must be Veteran talk...

Edited by Olham