Sign in to follow this  
Toadvine

Gameplay Cut Short?

During the campaign I notice as soon as the computer decides I am effectively shot down the screen goes black and I am sent right back to the sortie results page. It seems that I am missing the part where I actually go down in flames, or down in a spin, or whatever. The game boots me as soon as I am hit, way before I actually crash into the ground.

Anyone know what I am talking about? It seems I should have the option of watching my plane go all the way down and crash before getting booted out of the game. As soon as I am shot the game freezes, then the screen goes black, and it's game over. It is kind of abrupt.

If it's a fatal shot, it's more realistic that way? grin.gif

But if you're wounded or even critically woulded, you should still be aware of your surroundings.

There is a setting in Workshop you can use to delay the game exit until you crash. Actually, there are two settings. One is named "Auto Exit CFS3" and the other is "Auto Exit Mission." I'm not sure if you have to set both to off or only the Auto Exit Mission one.

"Yes Set Auto Exit Mission to off in workshops.

You will now remain in the seat until you are dead - before you would exit OFF on excessive craft damage..."

This is from my cut n paste tweaks file where I save bits of forum wisdom. The above tip is not mine.

Tch - the real life pilots would have wished to have "auto-exit", when their craft burnt. :suicide:

But I know what you mean. Since "Hat in the Ring", you are allowed to sizzle all the way down.

Check "Auto Exit Mission" to "off".

But I know what you mean. Since "Hat in the Ring", you are allowed to sizzle all the way down.

Check "Auto Exit Mission" to "off".

Mick Mannock would have been happy to hear that. :lol:

I've had Auto Exit Mission and cfs3 Checked since forever, and I still exit to the OFF Manager mid-air

It's quite frustrating as sometimes there's some flight control left and I think I have a shot at setting her down

Should I turn Auto Exit cfs3 off?

Auto Exit CFS3: on

Auto Exit Mission: off

That's how my settings are.

Auto Exit CFS3: on

Auto Exit Mission: off

That's how my settings are.

Thanks Olham!

I'll give it a whirl