Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Icelandic Volcano

It’s a bit early for Iceland volcano jokes. We should wait a while for the dust to settle.

I see that America has declared war on Iceland. Apparently they are accusing them of harbouring a “weapon of ash eruption”.

It was the last wish of the Icelandic economy that its ashes be spread over Europe.

Iceland goes bankrupt, then it manages to set itself on fire. This has insurance scam written all over it.

Iceland, we wanted your cash, not your ash.

Waiter, there's volcanic ash in my soup. I know, it's a no-fly zone.

Richard Curtis is working on a new rom-com about people stuck in an airport who fall in love. The working title is "Lava Actually".

Woke this morning to find every surface in the house covered in a layer of dust and a foul stench of sulphur in the air. No change, I’ve been married to that bone-idle Bitch for 20 years.

Forget Iceland debt and they will switch the volcano off.

What I want to know is, if there is ash everywhere, do I still need to go outside for a smoke?

Forget Iceland debt and they will switch the volcano off.

That's a good one.

:good:

Has anyone managed to get the name of that damn thing right? I just call it the "f*** I'll never pronounce that" volcano in iceland. Jon Stewart decided to rename it Kevin :lol:

In any country of Anglo-Saxon or Latin (not Germanic) language, such a single name would be sufficient for you to win a set at the Scrabble game!

In any country of Anglo-Saxon or Latin (not Germanic) language, such a single name would be sufficient for you to win a set at the Scrabble game!

English (Anglo-Saxon) is Germanic.

The Volcano is called "Eyjafjallajökull". Im swedish and it makes my tounge say: what the hell?

We just Know it as 'Kaboom'

Little Boomer

If it sets off Big boomer...

I read something like that. Every time little boomber goes off, big boomer goes off later.

Little Boomer

If it sets off Big boomer...

I read something like that. Every time little boomber goes off, big boomer goes off later.

Referencing "big boomer".... Yellowstone is a few 10s of thousands of years overdue for another eruption.... :blink:

Though whenever I hear or see "boomer", I immediately think of Bubblegum Crisis. :grin:

At least Big Boomer's name will be spellable should it ever have to come into history for the worst of reasons. It's name is Katla.