Sign in to follow this  
Morris

New Sound Patch for OFF

NEW SOUND PATCH for OFF!!!!!!!

I'm only joking.

I have been using the on-board sound card on my ASUS P6T v2 motherboard because i could not find a PCI(Express) sound card. The reason i needed to get the PCI(E) sound card is because of those two monster ATI 5970 graphics card in my computer taking up all the space on the motherboard and the only slot accessible was a the PCI(E).

Well, i eventually received my ASUS XONAR D2X sound card this morning. Plug it into the motherboard, loaded the drivers and setup the speakers 5.1 and started OFF - O' My glory. There is a huge difference between on-board sound and a proper PCI sound card. OFF sound are incredible and it improves CPU performance and that's why i wrote new sound patch for OFF.

http://www.asus.com/...B00E&templete=2

If anybody is playing OFF from a on board sound-card take a few $ and get a quality PCI or PCI (E) sound card.

I have 2 SOUND BLASTER PCI sound cards at home looking for a owner. If anybody is interested send a message and i will post them for free.

Cheers

Morris

I agree, on board sound sucks. I realized this by having a computer built that utilized it. After I got home with it I noticed the speakers didn't sound right, then I took the sound card out of my old computer and installed it into the new one. It was just an old Sound Blaster Audigy 2, but it still made all the difference over on board sound. I guess you also need a decent pair of computer speakers to hear the difference. I continue to use the same sound card today, old as dirt but still blows away on board sound.

Wow, a very kind offer, Morris.

Thanks for the info - I didn't know that.

I still have a Soundblaster, otherwise I'd be tempted.

If you say it makes a BIG difference, I will build it into my rig.

There is still one sound blaster card left looking for a owner.

m

There is still one sound blaster card left looking for a owner.

m

Nice offer Morris good.gif

I've often wondered if there was 3D sound in cfs3

I have a 5 speaker system but sound doesn't appear to come from any particular direction

Would be nice to hear MG if your left rear and then react accordingly

Does your PCI(E) Sys offer any 3d function?

Dear Duce,

Does it offer any 3d function in OFF?

Well, not like you asked about hearing a MG from the left and react accordingly.

In the OFF workshop you can select sound to be realistic and for me it sound great.

You should also download Creaghorn soundfiles in the download section.

Cheers

m

I have a glorious surround sound system, running off an Amp....sadly however,I am rarely allowed to use it!....and have to use Headphones most of the time

So much for the "panache" - :rofl:

Hi Morris, I will have the other sound card if it's still going. I am fed up with the cm501 on-board sound card on my Asus M2n sli mobo. Apart from anything else it doesn't work with Windoze 7. Not that I run OFF under W7 anyway, because my joystick only half works.

I will send it.

PM me with ur address sir.

m

Gentlemanly of you Morris...shows the true spirit of the Forum. :drinks:

Oh yeah! - I could do with some "software"!

I already Have the Hardware...woof woof!