Sign in to follow this  
Mizuez

Fuel Warning

My Fuel Warning keeps going off in flight. I'm not low on fuel or even under half fuel. The warning goes off right after take off in most cases. I have noticed that it goes off when the afterburner goes out. It is like it is warning me that my fuel flow have gone down, which i know, i throttled down.

This happened in any flight in any F-16 if i do Ramp start or taxi.

Any Ideas?

Could you post a screen shot... i'm pretty sure most of us know what it is, but it could also be 20 other things as well, a screen shot would clear it up for us.

Hag

Could you post a screen shot... i'm pretty sure most of us know what it is, but it could also be 20 other things as well, a screen shot would clear it up for us.

Hag

Cant post a screen shot because i already uploaded my quota. I hear the warning town followed by the word warning, Then FUEL flashes across my HUD. I hut the warn reset switch and when i got back to full throttle and back down again, it goes off. I can go from 90% to 100% and back to 90% and it goes off.

Never seen this - so I would be checking the startup procedure again in case any switches are in the wrong position, eg is air source on norm, engine feed set to norm, is fuel transfer set to norm....etc

Try MigBuster's ideas.

If that doesn't work let us know when you can upload a pic and we will try to help you.

Hag

Never seen this - so I would be checking the startup procedure again in case any switches are in the wrong position, eg is air source on norm, engine feed set to norm, is fuel transfer set to norm....etc

Thanks for the help guys. I will try those ideas, however on my last mission i didn't have this problem and i did ramp start. Other times is did Taxi and didn't need to worry about starting the plane and this happened. I will try to get a screen shot next time it happens.

I bet this is the case, he is probaly getting a trapped fuel indication. Engine feed switch needs to be in norm unless you are correcting a fuel imbalance. What do the needles on your fuel gauge read, is there any red showing? Your needles will have a spread, which is normal for center of balance.

I bet this is the case, he is probaly getting a trapped fuel indication. Engine feed switch needs to be in norm unless you are correcting a fuel imbalance. What do the needles on your fuel gauge read, is there any red showing? Your needles will have a spread, which is normal for center of balance.

Now that i think about it, i think this only happened when i had one 370 lbs fuel tank on the wing instead of the standard two. Kind of a weird set up, but if thats what caused it, then i guess i know for later.

Now that i think about it, i think this only happened when i had one 370 lbs fuel tank on the wing instead of the standard two. Kind of a weird set up, but if thats what caused it, then i guess i know for later.

You'll never see a F-16 loaded with only one wing tank, they have to have 2.

Sorry, had to leave for a minute. Back to what I was saying, the external tanks suppose to feed into the forward and aft systems at the same time. Sometimes one tank feeds slower then the other, but that didn't happen in your case and that's not modeled in the game. Having only one wing tank adds 2400lbs to that system and will cause the imbalance.

Sorry, had to leave for a minute. Back to what I was saying, the external tanks suppose to feed into the forward and aft systems at the same time. Sometimes one tank feeds slower then the other, but that didn't happen in your case and that's not modeled in the game. Having only one wing tank adds 2400lbs to that system and will cause the imbalance.

Yep That was the problem. I did more flights with that set up and normal set ups. I guess i need to trust my wingmen more to hit the right targets and not try to take all the bombs myself. Take two wing takes and 6 bombs instead of 9 bombs.

Yep That was the problem. I did more flights with that set up and normal set ups. I guess i need to trust my wingmen more to hit the right targets and not try to take all the bombs myself. Take two wing takes and 6 bombs instead of 9 bombs.

One thing you could do also, is load the centerline 300 gallon tank. You should be fine with that, just keep an eye on you fuel gauge. I don't think the map is that big so I think you'll be ok. That way you can load other things on those stations.

Some people won't risk flying without the ECM, though. :wink:

Some people won't risk flying without the ECM, though. :wink:

Yea, that's true. I don't fly Falcon, only lock on and I don't use ECM too much. Do you get a warning when a missile is fired on you?

RH missile, yes. Of course, that's based purely on lock-on, so if it's a missile like an AMRAAM that doesn't lock on until later in flight, THAT'S when you get the lock-on warning, not at launch. IR missiles of course you don't get squat. :grin:

However, I like the auto-jam feature F4 has, where I can set it so it stays off but when a missile launch is detected it turns on and auto pops chaff.

There are a lot of things that lock on doesn't have. Maybe in the next 10 years we'll have a bunch of clickable jets to play around with.

Lock on is cool, but I'm a Falcon pilot. I agree with the centerline tank. That does seam to work and i can get 12 bombs on there. I did want the ECM, but now i hope my wing man is using his for me and i keep him close. Even still I run low on fuel. I've dine missions with the centerline tank and landing with 200lbs of fuel left. The bingo warning could no longer be cleared. So you do need to watch your fuel more closely and know when to stop chasing targets.

Lock on is cool, but I'm a Falcon pilot. I agree with the centerline tank. That does seam to work and i can get 12 bombs on there. I did want the ECM, but now i hope my wing man is using his for me and i keep him close. Even still I run low on fuel. I've dine missions with the centerline tank and landing with 200lbs of fuel left. The bingo warning could no longer be cleared. So you do need to watch your fuel more closely and know when to stop chasing targets.

You landed on fumes then and had a thermo disconnect. You need to watch your fuel no matter what aircraft you are flying. I know in lock on people complain about the Mig-29, not having much fuel. But you can fly around in that thing for a long time as long as you stay out of AB.

It's all about the AB! Actually, in Falcon altitude matters as well. I climb up nice and high to get the fuel burn as low as I can when I'm in friendly territory.

It's all about the AB! Actually, in Falcon altitude matters as well. I climb up nice and high to get the fuel burn as low as I can when I'm in friendly territory.

Same. I generally fly at about 20,000 to 22,000 ft maybe 25,000. Usually hold 300 kts. If I'm flying a sweep mission ill hold 29,000 ft and fly at 400 knt.