Sign in to follow this  
guyran

Which SF2 game is the best?

Best Strike Fighters 2 game  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which games is your favorite

Just wondering. Which SF2 series game is the best game and why?

Sorry, first gen players.

guyran

I love the SF2:Israel, that and the Falklands are one of my favorite air wars to study.

As an ex-USAFE drone, I can relate to the locales and aircraft in WoE/2 the best.

A close second is Israel, but my mood vacillates between the two...

Edited by Spectre_USA

If I could only have one of them, I would have a tough time choosing between SF2V and SF2I as both are historical and have great planesets. I would lean toward SF2V for the carriers and Naval aircraft. But historically, the SF2I environment had a lot more air-to-air combat over a much wider time frame presenting a lot of interesting matchups. Fortunately, I don't have to choose only one and have all of them in a merged install.

Althought i prefer the historical ones (vietnam and israel):

I haven´t played SF2I, and i wish i had. Arab-Israeli wars are quite balanced and the variety of situations, missions and weapons systems found make it worthy, i hope i get it eventually

SF2V has many limitations in its timeframe (15 years) and the variety of aircraft you can put inside, also the fact of never having the chance to play air defence against red air, but an excellent point are carrier ops.

I guess that I don´t fancy the over-fictionalized in SF2 Paran Dhimar, despite i got SFP1 and it allows you to do whatever you want, with the aircraft you wish and whatever the timeframe.

My vote goes to SF2E, because of the so wide beam of years covered (the 46 best years in military aviation advancement!), the lots of materiel included (NF4+ made it a totally different game) and to a less extent, the "red dawn" like feeling of an hypotetical modern war on our western, first world, the way it was expected to be and never happened

You can actually vote for all in the online poll above. grin.gif

But if I were to chose only one... it would be SF2I.

Because it's historical and balanced (except for Lebanon '82).

SF2 comes in second because of the unique merc campaign.

If you're only gonna have one, I'd go with SF2E. Like someone said, lots of years covered. The NF4+ add-on gives you almost any aircraft you can think of.

After that - SF2V, SF2I, then SF2

as a child of the 80's (red dawn, top gun, superpower summits etc) i go with SF2E. there is so much possiblities from berlin airlift gone hot to the gaurds firing when the wall came down. Thunderbolts to Hogs all in one game!

Have all of them, and love all of them. Have to say Europe, because I'm a World War 3 buff. Next Vietnam and Israel.

I actually like SF2 the most - The Merc mode is simply outstanding. But SF2E and SF2I are awesome as well. Never really bothered with SF2V tought :/

Don't have a favorite! I'm just a fan of all the planes, theaters, and eras!

If I could only have one then I'd go for SF2.

Prefer SF2I myself, but saying that Ive been using the others mostly recently.

Advantages out of the box for me are the campaigns with tank battles and an effort by TK to put some historical accuracy into them. A small amount of terrain to cover, the IDF camo scheme looks ace, and the stock terrain actually looks good.

I actually like SF2 the most - The Merc mode is simply outstanding. But SF2E and SF2I are awesome as well. Never really bothered with SF2V tought :/

I agree. My favorite is also SF2 just because of the MERC campaigns. I wish there were some MERC campaign that is played out around 1991. Modern jets :good:

Second best i would say is SF2E with the NF4+ mod. Great landscape and GREAT jets.

SF2I i bought just for the Mirage jets and SF2V to complete the collection, never really play it.

Seems like SF2 Europe takes the lead so far.

I've voted for SF2I not only due to local loyalty, but also for the historical accuracy, and the even matched air forces (except Lebanon war). My second choice is SF2V.

The fictional campaigns are not my favorites.

Im digging vietnam at the moment and I grabbed europe, will probably round it out with all of them eventually as Im loving them. havent played flight sims since the days of janes usnf97 or janes usaf gold. Its great to get back in the cockpit. But I figure 'Nam and Europe will keep me busy especially with the vietnam xpack and nato fighters pack for both games, plenty of addon.

Bump

Maybe the Suez Crisis Exp can Change the odds.

BTW

I didn't know that multiple votes are allowed. Some people have voted for all choices.

I really like SF2 Europe planelist and familiar locations, but SF2 Israel has my vote due to historical campaigns, terrain and expansion pack, with SF2E as the second

SF2I is my favorite because of teh variety of planes, situations and planeset, this will be even better with thee xapnsion pack (35 years of war : from 1948 to 1982 !!)

I like them all equally...but my vote went to SF2V.

SF2 Vietnam (although modded) - most campaigns I played were in Vietnam....I really like the challenge to fight my way through tons of aaa and sams and then drop some bombs on a target the old way (no ccip or other helpers). And I like the colorful jets planes of that time.