Sign in to follow this  
Dave

No Way.............

It's more than just politics. I believe that the current administration is manipulating military leadership to do things that would be disgraceful, but not immediately harmful to the security of the nation. I highly doubt that the SECNAV was the key individual to name this ship after that b******. Infact, I bet that he probably hated doing this. But he also has to follow orders, and if his orders are to name a ship after an a**hole, I don't think he's going to jeapordize his career over it by saying no. This says Obama all over it.

This was the man responsible for changing (again) the camouflage of the field uniforms recently or something?

Murtha Branded a platoon of marines "war criminals" a couple of years ago .... later all of those men were exonerated. The piece of S*** never had the guts to apologize. This makes me sick.

I find it terrible that they name warships after politico's as it doesn't seem right... What happened to naming them after real war heroe's ???

Yes indeed, take the carriers for example. I can understand names like Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D. Roosevelt, or even John F. Kennedy. But USS Ronald Reagan!? Have anyone seen Abe or FDR playing in a movie alongside a chimp, or taking the content of a spittoon on the head? And USS Carl Vinson? I can hardly imagine what it is to be a dark-skinned seaman serving on a ship named after a supporter for the Southern Manifesto.

Yes indeed, take the carriers for example. I can understand names like Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D. Roosevelt, or even John F. Kennedy. But USS Ronald Reagan!? Have anyone seen Abe or FDR playing in a movie alongside a chimp, or taking the content of a spittoon on the head? And USS Carl Vinson? I can hardly imagine what it is to be a dark-skinned seaman serving on a ship named after a supporter for the Southern Manifesto.

I've no idea who Carl Vinson was but I'm off to wikipedia to have a look. You can understand why Reagan though, the man was a legend, end of the Cold War, Star Wars, Reaganomics, War on Drugs, the guy had a lot of very good ideas and motives.

The fact is, in reality, Regan and JFK are the superior presidents in that group. And since we really should only name stuff like that after people who uphold the Constitution, rather than dismantle, ignore, or otherwise weaken it, they should be the only two with a carrier named after them.