Sign in to follow this  
dtmdragon

IRM launch rails not showing up on A-4F Ahit?

Hi guys,

I am new to modding and I’m trying to mod the stock A-4F_Ahit in to an early RNZAF A-4K. My problem is I can’t seem to get the launch rails for the sidewinders to show up on the outer wing pylons. The stock A-4F_Ahit does not carry IR missiles on these pylons so I have edited the data.ini file so these pylons can carry them but the launch rails don’t show up. I have changed the data for the outer pylons so it is exactly the same as for the A-4H_Ahit_73 which can carry IR missiles on the outer pylons with the launch rail showing up but still they don’t show up?????

Anyone have any ideas how to sort this out? I am using Strike fighters 2 Israel.

Thanks,

Dan.

// Weapon Stations ---------------------------------------------------------

[LeftWingStationOutboard]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-2.91,-0.55,-0.82

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=258.55

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RP,ARM,IRM

AttachmentType=NATO,USN,UK,FRANCE

ModelNodeName=LeftWing_OuterPylon

PylonMass=29.03

PylonDragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=missile_rail_outer_L

LaunchRailHeight=0.16

LaunchRailMass=39.46

[RightWingStationOutboard]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=2

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=2.91,-0.55,-0.82

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=258.55

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RP,ARM,IRM

AttachmentType=NATO,USN,UK,FRANCE

ModelNodeName=RightWing_OuterPylon

PylonMass=29.03

PylonDragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=missile_rail_outer_R

LaunchRailHeight=0.16

LaunchRailMass=39.46

A quick top-of-my-mind answer would be that the reason is the rails are not part of the model, thus, even though you call them, they can't show.

Have you looked into the Downloads section ? IIRC there is no shortage of Kiwi Skyhawks there... (even if they might be for SF1, most should be easy to adapt or update)

IRM missile rails on the stock models are part of them and they can't be added to other aircraft through data.ini edits.

You still could add missile rails, but that would require an external model.

Edited by Gocad

Cheers guys, that sounds a bit above my head at the moment as I am just starting out with the game and modding. What I have managed to do is create a pre Kahu upgrade RNZAF Skyhawk by using the A-4F Ahit and for a post Kahu (The Kahu upgrade basically added F-16 Avionics, Radar, HUD, ECM, countermeasures and glass cockpit,) I used the A-4E Ahit without dorsal hump but edited the ini file so it used the Kifr C2 cockpit and the F-16A Netz avionics. I then edited the data.ini to upgrade the ECM, weapons, countermeasures and engine.

Cheers,

Dan.