Sign in to follow this  

I got nam last week and love it so far so I got Europe as well, figure between the two major mods; nato fighters, and the nam expansion pack should keep me pretty busy. But as I have a updated version of europe will I run into problems with nato fighters? It says its for the june 2009 patch

Thanks. Also does nato pack just add planes, or is it a all encompasing super mod with campaigns and such? Im at work and was trying to read it but the download page just says read the readme, is there an internet copy of the read me to read? dont want to download the pack to my work computer just to read it.

It has the planes, campaigns and significant terrain upgrades. It need to be updated to use the latest patch feature TK added for DX10 use.

It updates campaigns to take advantage of the included planes etc, but AFAIR doesn't add any.

You can use NF4+ in the SF2 downloads section, however, it still is "glitchy" as only the structure (mostly) of the mod has been ported to SF2, not the effects (meaning you might have no effects showing at all until you correct them), neither does it take advantage of the new stock planes (or not completely).

NF4+ is only an interim solution for people running Gen 2 until NF5.

It is still a quicker way to use it and fix it rather than build a better Euro environment from scratch, especially when you are still discovering the game (and I think most issues have entries in the Knowledge Base).

Glad your enjoying the series. I have the NATO pack and it works great. Don't forget the sweet terrain pack that you can use with the NATO mod.

Here:

http://forum.combata...te-part-1-of-2/

Edited by czingerx

I've bought Vietnam, Israel, and Europe this morning (a little after 2 am). I downloaded the Vietnam expansion pack and so far I'm really enjoying it.

Unfortunately I've reached my download limit for today, so I guess I have to wait until tomorrow to download NF4. ARGH.

Gunner you are wrong. It does add planes (some NF4 didnt have), better terrain than in NF4. And there is no NF5. You can run NF4+ with latest patches but you need to make the HUD and AB effect updates. Other than that it works perfect. But what do I know? Not like I wasn't on the team that made it.

Then I stand corrected, no need to take it personnaly.

I was just under the impression that the NF4+ pack in the SF2 downloads section wasn't bringing anything new compared to the SF one (or maybe I dreamt the SF1 one).

Edited by Gunrunner

Too many people are giving out too much BAD information and in turn my inbox gets flooded with people trying to fix screwed up installs because of said bad information.

And there is no NF5.

Damn it BLTDAN, stop giving out bad infos! :rofl:

NF5 is not on the horizon, mainly because I've exhausted myself on the current gen sims and am low on motivation right now for personal reasons. However, we have a new generation of TW sims announced, with F-14 being the first. Assuming there is European-themed sim built on the new technology, there will probably be an NF5 for it. :good:

Damn it BLTDAN, stop giving out bad infos! rofl.gif

NF5 is not on the horizon, mainly because I've exhausted myself on the current gen sims and am low on motivation right now for personal reasons. However, we have a new generation of TW sims announced, with F-14 being the first. Assuming there is European-themed sim built on the new technology, there will probably be an NF5 for it. good.gif

Damn it Don, I was keeping it a secret! :lol: Didnt want to speak for you.