Sign in to follow this  
Pawgy

First Eagles 2 on Windows XP?

Why won't First Eagles 2 run on Windows XP? many games run on all formats. I think third wire is losing a lot of business because of this limitation.

Edited by Pawgy

Have you actually TRIED it? Because plenty of folks have other SF2 based sims running on XP just fine.

In fact, it says right on the requirements that it will run in XP.

FC

Have you actually TRIED it? Because plenty of folks have other SF2 based sims running on XP just fine.

In fact, it says right on the requirements that it will run in XP.

FC

No, I have not tried it but was hoping to see some replies of ones who had and were successful.

I was going strictly by third wires statement the FE2 runs only on vist and windows 7.

Thanks for the thought

Pawgy

It says right on the requirements that it runs on XP. You can't get any clearer than that.

Now, you won't get the DX10 effects available in Vista or Win7 (specifically, HDR and bump mapping), but it will run in XP just fine.

ThirdWire did not say it ONLY runs on Vista or Win7. What they said is that it was made to be able to be run on Vista and Win7...additive, not restrictive.

It's not very responsible to post about having a problem without seeing if you have a problem first!

FC

As to the Thirdwire series not running on Microswipe Windows XP :rofl: my machine must be thinking it's running something else as I have XP and I can run all the SF2 Series and granted I don't have bump mapping etc it still looks darned good... and plays wonderfully...

As to the Thirdwire series not running on Microswipe Windows XP :rofl: my machine must be thinking it's running something else as I have XP and I can run all the SF2 Series and granted I don't have bump mapping etc it still looks darned good... and plays wonderfully...

Thanks for the responsible and informative reply.

I shall give it a try.

FE2 runs just great on my XP SP3 PC.

The only problem I have with FE2 is I don't see a lot of difference from FE1 for the money, that's not to say there is no difference it's just I can't see a lot of difference apart from were the files are stored.

Edited by don246

I have FE2 running on XP Pro SP3. One big diff is significantly faster load time for just about everything.

Graphics now include bump mapping, FM are better and cleaner to mod. There is more . . .

Well, I think it's worth the cost, and I am pretty much giving up on the earlier editions.

I am running FE2 on XP SP3 with a whole bunch of modded aircraft,ground objects and terrains and it works GREAT!

It is so much better than FE1.

The improvements are too numerous to mention.

Load it up and run it. You will be amazed.

I am running FE2 on XP SP3 with a whole bunch of modded aircraft,ground objects and terrains and it works GREAT!

It is so much better than FE1.

The improvements are too numerous to mention.

Load it up and run it. You will be amazed.

Thanks ezlead. Have ordered the download. Good to here it is much better and runs well.

Regards

Pawgy

Suddenly FE2 no longer runs on XP Pro SP3. All was fine until recent upgrades.

Now CTD at game launch.

I have tried rolling back both GFX drivers and FE2 patches - no joy.

Any clues?

Edited by sinbad

What is latest patch installed? Do you have addons/mods installed? What does error message say?(click where it says click here) A certain .dll is causing the crash.

The GFX drivers should not be the problem. If they worked before,they should work now.

Simply rolling back the patches may not get rid of the problem.

You may have to do a uninstall/reinstall and then patch it to get it to work.

Edited by ezlead

Hi ezlead

Thanks for looking in.

FE2 really ran just fine before all this,and for several months.

You are right. Restore didn't do it.

I removed all mods as the first attempted remedy.

AOK now - I still don't know what happened but full scrub of the GFX drivers and reinstall of FE2 did the trick. Now all I need to do is install the patches and mods.

Eventually I migrate to W7, but not today.

Edited by sinbad