Hi all

I've just patched from a clean install, since doing that I re-configured graphics and inputs and have this problem. I select the A-10 quick start, switch to A to G mode, lock on a target with A to G missile.....when I hit the fire button ......ack ack ack ack, no missile fired but the chain gun instead ! ? ! ? ! ??????? Anyone else have this or am I missing something ???

yes you are missing something... The gun and weapons release buttons have been split in ver 1.02 - as in the RL aircraft.

The weapons released is now defaulted to joystick button 2 while the gun is active in all A2G or A2A modes.

The combined trigger was a left-over fron the way at least some of russian planes operate.

Some US naval planes and many helicopters have a single trigger as well (or so i have been told) but the A10 uses 2 release buttons - confusing at first but great when you learn it

Read the readme ;)

hmm i can mail it to you.. stand by.

If you PM me your email you can have it

... also most is available here... but no fancy pictures

wordpad should be able to open them

looks like its having problems converting the word document.

hmm... your wordpad might not be able to cope with newer word docs with pictures and stuff... i dont know if its updatable

I can sen just the txt parts without pictures and tables but i would reinstall word if you cant update.

PS: Are you a fan of Iian M. Banks by any chance?

Some docs do open with the error message about graphics conversion not being able to convert, they normally open without the pics, depending on the amount of pics determines how many times i click ok to the error message ! They do open though so maybe your right about the "newer files" as the ones that do open are battle of britian and some about 1 -2 yrs old. It is WIN ME which is currently about £20 short of being upped to XP so it's not a massive concern, until that is you need to read a new read me ! ! !

Ian M Banks is an author of Sci Fi ? is that right ?

Probably that is it then... look forward to upgrading to XP its well worth it

... and yes. Completely off topic but Ian M Banks is one of my favourite writers. YOu username here sounds like something he would use for a spaceship name

ha ha the user name !! I used VSD mainly because in all flight sims I've flown on line or offline I don't think there's EVER been a time when I got back to base and my ground crew could go and read the paper happy in the knowledge I looked after their baby while in the air !!!!! There's usually several holes and leaking fluid somewhere......that's if I'm lucky enough to get back to base in the first place. I think it's the way I fly ? ! ?

i just noticed that a new readme is up at the UBI forums... click here

Thanks

very apt I think......under the circumstances. How did you come to use Ghostdog ?

Back to books

I'm reading First Light by Geoffrey Wellum at the moment. He was a Spitfire pilot during The Battle of Britian and it's a very good read. It's his biography and if your into WWII bios it's one you should put on a present list for christmas or birthday. It makes you think when all they had was a weekend flying Spitfires and then it was off to the front line !!!!

thanks B)

GhostDog?

Panick-thing when i had to get a callsign when i joined my first squad.

I will try to come up with a good and interesting lie if i'm ever asked again ;)