tofke

how to save ?

Hi,

any "tips" to save the game ?

where is the "pilot" file for campaign ? i cant find it

thanks

peace

Tofke

Thanks Von paulus, you make my day !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, welcome, tofke!

That program of Herr Prop-Wasche that von Paulus proposed, should do, what you wanted.

Man, you must be the first pilot here, who is from one of those famous towns we all know

from our WW1 maps! Have you visited some of the former airfield locations?

May I add you to our OFF Forum Pilots map with the location "Ypres" ?

You will love OFF - Cheers! Olham

May I add you to our OFF Forum Pilots map with the location "Ypres" ?

Yes for sure !

Tofke

Man, you must be the first pilot here, who is from one of those famous towns we all know

from our WW1 maps! Have you visited some of the former airfield locations?

give a try to this very nice book about Ypres airfields

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/0850527538

Peace

Tofke

Thanks for the link, tofke, and yes: peace !

I like flying this sim, but I would have been very dull and miserable,

if I had had to fight in WW1 - may such catastrophies never happen again.

Tofke sounds like a Belgian comic figure, like "Suske & Wiske" - is Suske the dog in your avatar?

Ah, I see - OvS posted those figures some time ago.

Tofke sounds like a Belgian comic figure, like "Suske & Wiske" - is Suske the dog in your avatar

looool my name is Christophe but all my friends call me Tofke since i'm a baby !!! in Flanders, when you add "ke" at the end of a nickname it's a mark of affection or friendship, Tofke means "my little Christophe..." for you it's Olhamke (mijn kleine Olham)

Tofke :grin:

Hey, Flamish is related to my native Friesisch language - there we add a "tje", like "Olhamtje" or "Toftje".

How do you like OFF so far?

Hi uncleal,

Yeah i'm stubborn, i'm an "overclocking" fanatic :crazy:, OFF phase 3 runs fine (without clouds)... i'll give you some screenshots this evening with fps counter (w key). here, details of my config :

Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 (1,6 GHz) overclocked - 15,4'' TFT WXGA CrystalBrite (linked to sony bravia 40w4000 full hd) - 1280 x 1024 pixels (it's enough) - 4 go ram (thanks to von paulus ;) http://forum.combata...formance-tweak/ )- HD180 Go - graphic card NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 overclocked 256 mo + 256 mo from motherboard (mem sharing) - XP - syaxis ps3 controller - track ir (home made for 30 euros http://www.free-trac.../manuel21en.pdf)

Peace :drinks:

Tofke

Hihihi - you see, UncleAl - the crates back in 1917 weren't as high tech as the WW2 craft.

But they did fly, and you could fight in them!

Tofke, you built the TrackIR yourself? Are you a technician?

hi tofke drinks.gif .

i like your avatar. love his laugh. that's what i emulate when playing jokes in the dugout grin.gif

not at all, 1 hour of you time and you got it, take a look of this link http://www.free-track.net/fichiers/manuel21en.pdf

it's for making a track ir with your webcam and the software "free track", i made it with 4 led, a cap, an IR filter (ie : a piece of negative photograph), a resistor and a 9v battery

the more expensive in this track ir is the cap ! a led cost 0.30 €, 5 euro for the wire, another 5 € for the battery

give a try it's easy

Tofke

Ypres was completely unpronounceable to the average British Tommy, so they anglicized it to 'Wipers'. This may also have been a way to take the sting out of what happened there, rather as Paschendaele was called 'Passion Dale', which sounds like quite a nice sort of place :salute: if you weren't there.

Hihihi - you see, UncleAl - the crates back in 1917 weren't as high tech as the WW2 craft.

But they did fly, and you could fight in them!

olham, there are several people here using freetrack (gous etc.) it is mentioned fairly often in the forums for a year now. also how to build it, and links where to get parts etc. you read only what you wanna read, ol' chap, don't you? lol.gif

Edited by Creaghorn

Well, everyone does only read, what he wants to read, right, Creaghorn?

And I don't need to build one, cause I have a TrackIR 4 hardware, with T5 software.

So I wasn't interested in it before.

My curiousity is tweeked more to the % of overclocking you can run, while maintaining stability. I'm assuming you run Liquid Cooling, if not which fan ?

Uncleal, I use a laptop opened on an ergo base with a double fan (11 pales), I gained 310 mhz (not enough) with clockgen (+ fsb tweak) and i boost my CG 7300go with nvidia tools with a dozen of settings and mem sharing, 4 go for ram and it's great to play sim ! i played ka50 black shark before off with 30 fps with med settings, no problems, so if you want to overclocking your computer please use clockgen the better soft to push up fps.

Peace

Tofke

Is that a software, that help you to do the RIGHT things?

Well, everyone does only read, what he wants to read, right, Creaghorn?

And I don't need to build one, cause I have a TrackIR 4 hardware, with T5 software.

So I wasn't interested in it before.

yep. that's right. i also don't read everything. i was just surprised and it made me smile because you've been "that" surprised drinks.gif.

rofl.gif that's a good one, i need that tool definitely too

Are you getting new ideas, Olham? :grin:

Unless you've a recent motherboard, which may brings software to help the newbies (like me) to overclock their systems with one touch, the "art" of overclocking is a technical one and not for the average user. You really need to know what you're doing. It's not difficult, but demands some knowledge.

uncleal, not every overclock system need water cooling.

EDIT: I've OC my system from 2.66 to 3. My final step will be 3.2Ghz, and I'll rest there. The only thing I've different is when I bought my system I also took a better CPU cooler (around 25€). One thing for sure, it's much more easier to OC the recent systems than the older ones.

Edited by Von Paulus

UncleAl, I can be pig ignorant some times - but I confess,

that I had noticed something about that building a FreeTrack - I was only

not interested in it. And I hadn't read any post, were someone told that

he had got it built and it worked.

Von Paulus, my mobo is a Gigabyte S-Series GA-P35-DS3.

Sorry tofke this is just turning off topic, but....

Ok Olham, for your motherboard you've EasyTune 5 from Gigabyte. I only know how to work with 6, which is more automatic than 5.

If you want to mess with it better read a few things. Google for EasyTune 5 (not 6) and download the last version from Gigabyte site.

You can expect to OC 10% or 15% with it.

EDIT: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/NewTech/old_motherboard_newtech/Tech_20041125_PX_ET5.htm

Edited by Von Paulus

I have been able to O/C my Asus MB and AMD 4000+ approximately 12.5% on air cooling. Although it is rock solid at that setting, any attempts at all to go beyond that have ended in failure.