Sign in to follow this  
DoctorWho

Aircraft carrier issues

Hi everybody! I have a roblem with aircraft carriers. When the mission starts, my aircraft falls through the deck of the carrier and crashes on the water. Can anybody tell me what's wrong and help me fix it? I use Digital-Overload's CVN-75 or Womb Raider's Nimitz carriers, EricJ's Super Hornets or usafmtl's F-35C.

Hi everybody! I have a roblem with aircraft carriers. When the mission starts, my aircraft falls through the deck of the carrier and crashes on the water. Can anybody tell me what's wrong and help me fix it? I use Digital-Overload's CVN-75 or Womb Raider's Nimitz carriers, EricJ's Super Hornets or usafmtl's F-35C.

Before we proceed, I need some information:

What version of what game are you using?

What terrain are you using?

Post the squadron and aircraft carrier entries from your campaigndata.ini and also post the carrier station entry from your terrain_targets.ini

Once we have that information, it'll be far easier to pin down the problem and walk you through fixing it.

It's not a campaign. I create missions with LeMissionneur 2006. I use WoE with oct 2008 patch. I use different terrains but recently I've used Greece v1.1 terrain by ansons2.

I haven't tried that terrain, but some of the add-on terrains have trouble with certain aircraft carriers. You might try a different carrier. Another option is that you might have something wrong in your text entry that has the aircraft launching from the ship. Post that entry here as well.

Not really, it has nothing to do with the terrain, it's the mission setup that's the problem. You have to make sure that the carrier is selected, that the "Navy Aircraft" is checked. Granted I'm more familiar with KMD than Le Missioneur, but the effect should be the same. Also, you may be moving the icon around slowly, which causes that problem as I've flown off most third party carriers with minor problems, i.e. not paying attention to detail (Super Hornet, Tomcat, F-35C). Also it's not USAFMTL's F-35C, it's Klav81s, USAFMTL is just helping the project along due to RL issues Klavs81 has.

Edited by EricJ

I've made another carrier mission with Israel 2 terrain and everything works.

Hmm... could you post a screenshot of the "sinking" then? What FM setting are you using? Normal? Hard? And what loadout are you using?

I tried to make a screenshot but the whole thing happens too fast. Recently, when i was trying to fly a Super Hornet i' ve used a standard anti-ship loadout. I'm using a Hard FM setting.

Then that should be the issue. The fact that there is only one drop tank on the right wing, forces it to tip like that. It's recommended either to balance the tanks out via the loadout.ini, or to use the aircraft on Normal FM.

I balanced the aircraft and it happens anyway

Open the _Data.ini, and go to the [Nose] section, and copy and paste this at the bottom of that section:

//SystemName[020]=NoseSkid

//SystemName[021]=LeftSkid

//SystemName[022]=RightSkid

That could be the issue at least for the Super Hornets... the F-35C isn't my bird.

Edited by EricJ

Ok! Thanks, Eric. I'll try to solve it this way.

Edited by wishmaster1110

yeah man, that's about the last of the ways I can think to fix it... SF2 doesn't have those issues so if that doesn't work, you got me too...

Here's what I can offer.

I have experienced the same issue.

I got a copy of the old GROUNDOBJECTDATA file, added the carriers I wanted to use and then placed the GROUNDOBJECTDATA in the Objects folder.

It did the trick for me.

KRFRGE

The thimgis that I don't have a GROUNDOBJECTDATA.INI file

wishmaster1110,

Here is mine. Try it and let me know what happens. You may have to modify it for your purpose.

KRFRGE