Okay, here is my predicament.

I am currently working on a max model where all the meshes have been mapped to their respective UV co-ordinate textures. What I'm trying to do however is find an easy way of finding out exactly which meshes are mapped to each of the texture maps.

I realise this is easy enough to figure out for the large, obvious meshes (tail, wings, fuselage etc) however it starts to get a bit tedious with the smaller less conspicuous meshes. I know I could select each mesh, do an Unwrap UVW modifier and then hit edit to see which texture it is mapped to, but I'm just wondering if there is a quicker, easier method as there are quite a lot of meshes (over 200 in total).

By the way, I am running Max 7

Many thanks in advance.

Not sure if this works with Max 7, as i use Max 2008, but the TW LOD exporter gives you an OUT file wich shows the texture map for every mesh. If you then select the meshes using the same bitmap and export them to 3DS file, open the 3DS with Lithunwrap and save that to BMP again, you´ll have a perfect layout layer!

If Max 7, or the TW exporter don´t have this feature, you might need some other tool. There are several other unwrapping tools and plugins availlable, but i´m not fmiliar with those.

• Like 1

There is an easy way to do this. In the material editor window, select the material you want and then press the button Select by material shown in the screenshot in purple

Materials.jpg

When the Select Objects window pops up, all relevant meshes will already be selected for you, then just press Select

• Like 1

Cheers guys! That was exactly what I was looking for. Both of these posts should go in the Knowledge Base.