Sign in to follow this  
appraiserfl

Anybody ever use a Deck keyboard?

I am very good at typing, but every now and then need to look at the keys to hit a hard to place function, which can be difficult at night or when the glare from my monitors hits the keys and makes the lettering invisible. I was on a quest for the perfect backlit keyboard and tried the Microsoft X6, which turned out to be a piece of annoying junk!

Ever on I searched until a kindly gent from the Hard forum recommended the Deck Legend 105! The keyboards are pricey, but I hesitantly ordered a Deck Legend Ice Tactile 105 and it is AMAZING! WOW, WOW, WOW, I never thought it could be this good with a keyboard, but it is.

The backlighting on these keyboards is second to none and you don't get any annoying light bleed between the keys like the X6 does. My God if any of you have to type at any kind of length, do yourself a huge favor and pick one of these babies up, it will be one of the best purchases for a computer that you ever made, right behind a widescreen hi-def monitor!

Heres the website:

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/

And heres some pics of my setup now!

0504201016836.jpg

0504201016837.jpg

0504201016835.jpg

I have the Logitech G15 and it works great even in the DARK.. vampire.gif

My brother recently asked me to help him when he was optioning out his new laptop

One of the things I recommended was the backlit keyboard

I'm still struggling in the dark on both my laptop and gamer

I usually put a light on, well off to the side so it doesn't interfere with TIR

Looks like a nice setup appraiserfl!

My brother recently asked me to help him when he was optioning out his new laptop

One of the things I recommended was the backlit keyboard

I'm still struggling in the dark on both my laptop and gamer

I usually put a light on, well off to the side so it doesn't interfere with TIR

Looks like a nice setup appraiserfl!

I Love my setup, but it took a lot of trial and error. I cannot recommend the Deck keyboard enough, the pictures do not do it any justice and all backlit keyboards are not created equal. If you try a Deck you will buy a Deck lol....I could not live without it at this point and I have only had it for a day!

It's a bit late now, but should the need present itself again look into the Gaming Keyboards from Logitech

http://www.amazon.co...73072499&sr=1-5

While the illumination is more subtle, it does offer 18 Programable Keys as a bonus, and the price is extremely reasonable

And while those who fly with a HOTAS such as the X-52 need not be considering extra keys

We that fly with any of Force Feedback units JUMP at the solution

Hey Uncleal, while that is a spiffy looking keyboard, I have to tell you it is not even in the same league with the Deck. They are keyboards, so no amount of pictures would do them justice, you would have to actually use one to see. Funny, but yea, I am stoked over a keyboard as it is simply fantastic!

I have the Logitech G15 and it works great even in the DARK.. vampire.gif

I invite you to try a deck, I should work for them, with how much I am praising them at this point, but I am serious....it is a fantastic keyboard!

I still type with the single finger Hunt and Peck method, so the backlighting is just a bonus. It's those 18 programable keys it was bought for, because I dreaded bringing my left hand across my body simply to operate the throttle.

The Logitech G940 . .although to rich for my blood, wasn't even available then. I know that it works, and works well, but I can't accept a joystick that never moves drinks.gif

If you are a hunt and pecker with failing eyesight you will love the deck lol, the backlighting on all the other keyboards is weak and bleeds thru, the deck is the only keyboard that just lights up the numeric area that you want to see. It is very very nice.

I am not sure what you mean by the G940 never moves? Are you confusing it with the new Saitek joystick that is force move? Because I can assure you the G940 moves and moves well, the FF is fantastic and really helps give you the seat of the pants feel. The FF support needs to be improved in OFF for it, but it works perfectly in ROF!