Sign in to follow this  
Morris

Force Feedback in OFF

Dear Winder,

I understand that everything for P4 is very secret. assassin.gif

I want to get myself the Logitech G940 flight control system for OFF but the current Force Feed Back with the G940, Windows 7 and OFF is poor.

So the question: is OBD maybe improving the FFB in P4? Please don't respond to my question only READ....

Thanking you

Morris

Dear uncleal,

Thanks for the info. Appraiserfl is running win 7 and Vista 64bit. I spoke to him yesterday and he informed me that his G940 controller is working perfectly with all other flight sims except OFF. The FFB in OFF is poor.

M

I want to get myself the Logitech G940 flight control system for OFF but the current Force Feed Back with the G940, Windows 7 and OFF is poor.

Morris, Are all FFB features weak, Flight Control, MG Fire, Stall Shudder, Crash, etc?

My MS Sidewinder II has very poor Flight Control FFB

But all other FFB facets are actually very good

I hope the Devs will look into this for P4 too

Morris, Are all FFB features weak, Flight Control, MG Fire, Stall Shudder, Crash, etc?

My MS Sidewinder II has very poor Flight Control FFB

But all other FFB facets are actually very good

I hope the Devs will look into this for P4 too

Ahh, its not the "Weeeeakness," that morris is inquiring about, because you can tweak those settings with the logitec software and make responses stronger and more pronounced.

I am running both Windows 7 64 and Vista 64 and my problems with the G940 are as follows:

In Vista 64, everything will be working perfectly and then (this usually happens right after a warp) my plane will go into an unstoppable climb and even if I fight the climb it will still keep trying to climb/loop. Eventually, if I wiggle and fight with the stick long enough it will make a distinctive "click," sound and a noticeable bit of pressure is released and the plane stops its climb, but then it wants to dive! If I keep my hands off the stick the plane will go into a dive and I have to pull the stick back about 1/3rd of the way to prevent this. The entire rest of my flight must now be flown with me holding the stick back 1/3 or else I will go into a dive. If I end my mission and start another mission, everything is fine and works perfectly! It does not do this PULL/PUSH thing every mission, it happens about one out of every three missions and like clock work its the same scenario every time it enters it. Also, I have found that it will enter into this PULL/PUSH dilemma if I attempt to dive too hard, but it does not happen that way as frequent as the "Warp," way. Its annoying, but I soldier on and just pretend that my plane took damage and I just have to fight it to stay aloft.

In Windows 7, things are worse. The same PULL/PUSH scenario happens but it happens at random any and many times a mission! Unlike in Vista 64, it will correct itself after about ten seconds and then you can continue on as normal, but this happens much more frequent and random which makes it completely unplayable for me!

I have put in some serious time with Rise of Flight Multiplayer in the past few days (because they brought in dogfighting!) and I have not had one episode of any problems with my G940! I also play Wings of Prey and do not have any issues with those either! So for me this is exclusively a OFF issue and I really wish they could address it in P4, but we may be wishing too much with the limitations of the Engine. God I wish OFF had its own engine like ROF does, because it really is the superior and most comprehensive single player experience!

We can't guarantee anything - we don't have that controller system for a start. Does it work fine in vanilla CFS3? Also not there's an issue using trim and then warping causing oddities like that if I remember so make sure that is turned off before warp.

Thanks Pol.

If I get the G940 controllers can I send them to Winder to tweak OFF?

Now please get back to finishing P4. I'm joking.

EK KAN NIE WAG NIE (I can't wait)

Cheers.

M

Edited by Morris

Ahh, its not the "Weeeeakness," that morris is inquiring about, because you can tweak those settings with the logitec software and make responses stronger and more pronounced.

I am running both Windows 7 64 and Vista 64 and my problems with the G940 are as follows:

In Vista 64, everything will be working perfectly and then (this usually happens right after a warp) my plane will go into an unstoppable climb and even if I fight the climb it will still keep trying to climb/loop. Eventually, if I wiggle and fight with the stick long enough it will make a distinctive "click," sound and a noticeable bit of pressure is released and the plane stops its climb, but then it wants to dive!

OK, I understand

I had a similar problem with my Sidewinder

Right after Warp it would climb and no attempts to level would work

I finally decided to just loop instead, but the problem would end there

I didn't have the extended problem with the stick needing to be held 1/3 back

I was able to resolve 99% of the issue by not using Auto Trim

As best I can remember, I've only had 1 occurance in the last 6 mon or so

HTH,

OK, I understand

I had a similar problem with my Sidewinder

Right after Warp it would climb and no attempts to level would work

I finally decided to just loop instead, but the problem would end there

I didn't have the extended problem with the stick needing to be held 1/3 back

I was able to resolve 99% of the issue by not using Auto Trim

As best I can remember, I've only had 1 occurance in the last 6 mon or so

HTH,

Auto trim? You mean Auto Rudder? I never have that on either.

Auto trim? You mean Auto Rudder? I never have that on either.

Being that cfs3 is a WWII sim there are Trim Controls

You can manually adjust each one or just let the sim do it with Auto Trim

At take off, I'd lift my tail, get the gunsight on the horizon and hit Auto Trim

Crate would fly nice and level with the stick centered

I believe it is Ctrl + A

Anyways, that was the heart of my problem of climbing after Warp Exit ...but it's a different Stick!

EDIT: You might try hitting Auto Trim or Manually Up Elevator to correct holding the Stick back

Edited by Duce Lewis