Sign in to follow this  
Guest rscsjsuso5

site bandwidth problems

Guest rscsjsuso5

the site works very well and i give it an A+++++ , this is a suggestion and i have tried everything possible to test the bandwidth . example - if i download a large file say from another source and not from CA but i leave my browser to stay on the main page of CA , it seems that my download speed goes down a little bit. On the otherhand if i download the same large file and i leave my browser to stay on a search page say google my download speed is normal and correct. it seems that you admins need to tone down on the flash or what ever is taking up bandwidth speed. From my tests i believe their might be some things running in the background of the site that might cost the site to run in an unnecessary way in bandwidth costing the site a small fraction to run. When i search for something say on google it is fast but when i search for something here on CA it takes quite a bit of time and not that bad but okay and reasonable . I bet its all this bandwdith hogging features of CA that needs to be fixed. maybe a small revamp.

Okay lets break this apart because it's a lot to answer all at once.

i have tried everything possible to test the bandwidth

The topic says "site bandwidth problems" but whose bandwidth are you testing, yours or ours? What tests have you used specifically?

if i download a large file say from another source and not from CA but i leave my browser to stay on the main page of CA , it seems that my download speed goes down a little bit. On the otherhand if i download the same large file and i leave my browser to stay on a search page say google my download speed is normal and correct.

This has nothing to do with our bandwidth but everything to do with your resources. When you view a page with images and text like our front page your browser uses memory and processor resources to display it. As you allocate machine resources to do one thing it stands to reason it has less resources to do others.

it seems that you admins need to tone down on the flash or what ever is taking up bandwidth speed.

The front page itself has no flash running but if it did it's still part of the equation where the flash would be using more resources on your machine. This doesn't relate to our bandwidth.

From my tests

By tests do you mean what you've related here?

i believe their might be some things running in the background of the site that might cost the site to run in an unnecessary way in bandwidth costing the site a small fraction to run.

There's nothing running in the background costing us more to run the site than is necessary. Nothing here can compare to the terabytes of transfer we provide to facilitate the file downloads, that's our main expense.

When i search for something say on google it is fast but when i search for something here on CA it takes quite a bit of time and not that bad but okay and reasonable.

That's what Google made their name with I would hope their searching is fast.

I bet its all this bandwdith hogging features of CA that needs to be fixed. maybe a small revamp.

Our bandwidth and your bandwidth are two different things.

Guest rscsjsuso5

thanks , disregard message and delete it.