Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Trying out FE2 for the second time

Ok, so I installed FE2 for the second time. I have it set to use DX9 and set AntiAliasing=0.

My ingame graphic settings are all set to medium or low.

The game is unusable for me. The frame rates are horrendous. It's so slow I can walk faster then the planes can fly.

Why is this????. My FEG install has everything set to maximum settings. And it works just fine.

What am I missing and why is my FE2 so slow. It really is useless.

Here are my PC specs: (I know I have intergrated graphics. But it does the trick for FEG)

* HP Pavilion P6210F Black Desktop PC (Windows 7 Home Premium)

AMD Athlon II 620 Quad-Core Processor (2.6 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache)

6GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM memory (3x2048MB for ultimate performance)(expandable to 16GB)

640GB (7200RPM) Serial ATA hard drive; SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology

NVIDIA GeForce 9100 Graphics with 256MB integrated shared graphics memory. Up to 2.9 GB Total Available Graphics Memory as allocated by Windows 7.

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Can any of you computer people out there give me some pointers on how to tweak what I have? Atleast till I get a PCIe graphics card.

Edited by quack74

Did you patched it to Feb 2010? The March 2010 patch is kinda broke but playable, it accidently erased the subtitles.

Falcon

Quack, can you extract your huddata.ini, set display debug=true and let us know what kind of frame rates the game says you're getting? It might help people figure this out.

Well Heck I've been messing with the settings and seem to have found a good place. Things are running smooth now with a mix of medium and high settings. But now I'm trying to figure out this new folder tree stuffblink.gif . Kind of getting the hang of it. I like that you know what you've added to what folders. Nothing gets overwritten. Thats a plus. Took awhile to figure out how and where to extract everything, but I think I got it. Thanks Heck.

I just need a good GFX card

Also, if you're using DX9, you may be able to use the enbseries dx9 mod. It's been found to speed up frame rates, while giving some graphical enhancements such as HDR and DOF:

img00004.jpg

img00005.jpg

img00006.jpg

FC

Quack:

I am using older graphics card and I set my AntiAliasing in the FE2 options.ini file to 8. For my card it runs better.

Just a thought.

Quack:

I am using older graphics card and I set my AntiAliasing in the FE2 options.ini file to 8. For my card it runs better.

Just a thought.

Sounds good I'll give it a go.

For aircraft that used a "D" folder (decals) like the PfalzD.IIIa in FEG, how do I get those decals to appear in FE2? Wher do I do with the "D" folder?