Sign in to follow this  
tofke

save phase 4

Hi,

there will be a save "button" in phase 4 after each mission ?

peace

Tofke

To save what?

After each mission during the campaign the OFF manager saves ur progress.

Good luck

To save what?

After each mission during the campaign the OFF manager saves ur progress.

Good luck

Hi Morris,

my best campaign is only 5 or 6 missions before death... all my campaigns are very shortly :(

peace

Tofke

Dear Tofke,

I understand. It only takes practice. Hours and hours inside ur beloved cockpit.

Never give up because the reward of staying alive or shooting down enemy crumpets is unimaginable. MiniGun.gifFlyer.gif

Cheers

Morris

Morris,

i know what you mean, but i played a lot of years with silent hunter 3. sh3 is a very realistic sub sim and the game have a "save button"... and you can progress and gain new sub all the war time etc...

there is a "tips" by Herr Prop-wasche http://forum.combatace.com/topic/55367-offuserbackupfiles-program/ but it's only if you have OFF installed on C:, unfortunately my install is on the D:

as i said my campaigns are always very short (5 or 6 missions). i bought off phase 3 and HitR 2 weeks ago and that's begin to seriously boring me to create a new pilot every 5 or 6 missions...

Peace

Tofke

Morris,

i know what you mean, but i played a lot of years with silent hunter 3. sh3 is a very realistic sub sim and the game have a "save button"... and you can progress and gain new sub all the war time etc...

there is a "tips" by Herr Prop-wasche http://forum.combata...pfiles-program/ but it's only if you have OFF installed on C:, unfortunately my install is on the D:

as i said my campaigns are always very short (5 or 6 missions). i bought off phase 3 and HitR 2 weeks ago and that's begin to seriously boring me to create a new pilot every 5 or 6 missions...

Peace

Tofke

Why not adjust the multitude of settings in workshops til you find a suitable setup for your gameplay - pilot never dies being but one option...of so many.

HTH

WM

tofke, you obviously fly under very realistic/hard conditions.

I am very, very glad that we have the opportunity to fly it so realistic, cause I hate arcade sims.

It maybe boring to die very often, but then I can only recommend: fly safer!

Either you can change the setup in "Workshop" to get it easier for the beginning, as Winder said.

Or you begin to fly the sim, as if it could really cost your life, and fly it much more careful.

Me, I was a real hotspur for a long time, and never got old.

But now, since I have calmed down a bit, I am flying more realistic.

Even aces like Manfred von Richthofen had only one kill per 5 - 6 sorties.

And he would never attack, if he wasn't certain, that he could win the fight.

Take less risks - or set it up for more arcadish flying. And maybe become more serious later.

I assure you, that the real life pilots - at least the good ones; the aces - were even more dangerous

than the AI in this sim. So it is not the sim treating you too hard.

You are doing that.

I hope you find your way into it - it is so rewarding; and definitely a long-time-sim to fly!

Don't give up!

Cheers! Olhamtje

Edited by Olham

Completely agree with Olham. Fly safer. Tofke, feel your pain. You have been lasting longer then I have. I am averaging 4 missions before being lost after months of play. I have recently started being slightly less aggressive and learning how to call it a day when things are getting to tough. In addition, after watching the WWI in Colour series Olham linked made me even more impressed with the realistic play of OFF. One episode discussed the lifespan of a pilot and OFF replicates this very well. So fly with strength but don't be afraid to run with speed when the airspace becomes to challenging.

Ok thank a lot gentlemen for all reply, i m happy to see your understand my point of view :heat:, my english writting is not famous and i was afraid that you all think it's an offensiv post to the game...could you please give me the difference between "die roll on death" option and "dead is dead". i dont unterstand

"Olham : I am very, very glad that we have the opportunity to fly it so realistic, cause I hate arcade sims."

i know what you mean Olham, but all air sim like IL-2 1946, pacific fighters, KA 50 blackshark, Falcon, or Lockon are or can be a terrific realistic game (ka50 and falcon) and they have a "save button", 99,9 % of sim have a "save button"... if i die in the sky i woud like to redo my mission... in off if you die you continue to the next mission (whith "never die" setting) (i hope you know what i mean)

Off is a great game, and i'm glad to play it

i'm just a newbie with this sim and i have a lot of questions in my bag...

peace and thanks again

Tofke :drinks:

Edited by tofke

AS GOOD AS A SAVE GAME BUTTON:

tofke: ... if i die in the sky i woud like to redo my mission...

...in OFF if you die you continue to the next mission (whith "never die" setting)

1.) You CAN fly the same mission again, tofke.

After a crash you will get back into the "briefing manager" window. In the briefing is a line at the bottom "Fly last mission".

So if you still live, you can click on that line, and you will get the same mission, same aircraft and situations - all like before.

2.) "Die roll on death" (a die is the little gambling cube with numbers 1 - 6 on). The sim will roll a die, that decides if you live

or if you are dead. "Pilot never dies" is the safest of course.

3.) It's absolutely okay for me or UncleAl and many others, when you ask the questions of a newbie.

UncleAl often says: The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. (But this time, I was faster!)

... in off if you die you continue to the next mission (whith "never die" setting) (i hope you know what i mean)

Off is a great game, and i'm glad to play it

i'm just a newbie with this sim and i have a lot of questions in my bag...

peace and thanks again

Tofke drinks.gif

Yes, if you select "Pilot Never Dies" your campaign will never end

Lot of options in workshop

Recommend you experiment and find what works best for you

Part of the reason for the different death options is that cfs3 doesn't communicate end of flight data very well

I remember the Dev Team had to work some magic just to find out where you landed or crashed ...friendly or hostile side of the front? (they do have this info now)

I believe they still don't know the speed or angle that a crashing plane hits the ground

Hence this leads to problems determining if a pilot should be considered dead or not

The short term work around is to give us options to select how strictly the OFF Manager will make it's death decision

DiD is very strict and you may sometimes get frustrated by a rather minor scrape leading to your demise

In Death on Die Roll, the OFF Manager guesses whether you have died or not ...sorry, I do not know the odds

In effect, the Manager "rolls the dice" to determine if you have died

MS has never released the cfs3 code but Rex Hannover has been working hard to decipher it

He's the reason the OFF has such great AI in P3 ...Great Job cracking the code Rex! good.gif

Dev Team has worked miracles eliminating cfs3 problems

OFF gets farther away from cfs3 every day

I have confidence that they will find a solution for this

No problem with the questions Tofke

Keep them coming

Lot of jovial folks here who are happy to help

HTH,

If you want to fly "full realistic" you need to fly safe. I learned this flying team play in the "Over Flanders Fields" online war in the Red Baron 3D. In that campaign if you were shot down, killed, or just plain did not land at a friendly base you were out for the night. Online squadrons often do not have another pilot to take you place. Red Baron wars often had a limit on the number of pilots that could fly at one time or how many planes a side could put up in a session. So if you did something stupid like get killed you let down your whole squad.

So if you have high realistic settings, fly like your life depends on it, because your virtual life does.

By the way, the original Red Baron game also did not have a save.

Good Luck,

Beard

Edited by Burning Beard

ok thanks folks for reply :good:

there is a "tips" by Herr Prop-wasche http://forum.combata...pfiles-program/ but it's only if you have OFF installed on C:, unfortunately my install is on the D:

My apologies if anyone misunderstood my instructions, but the above statement is incorrect. The backup program is designed to work regardless of where OFF is installed. In fact, the computer that I use has OFF installed on the D: drive, so I am sure it works even if you do not install OFF to C:

It is true that the backup files are stored in a folder on the C: drive, but that is only to insure that the files do not get erased if you have to uninstall OFF.

I hope this helps to clear things up. Only 20 downloads so far!