Even when flying at noon, I think that WOE2 (not tried the other 2nd gen games) are too dark for me. Which will be the best way to add some African sun to the game? (AKA enlight the game)

Thanks!

ain't there a gamma setting available via the graphical options menu?

ain't there a gamma setting available via the graphical options menu?

Not in any TW sim, but you meant in the graphics card's control panel, right Sony?

Stratos, you can adjust the daylight setting like so, in the environmentsystem.ini

[Day]

SunHeight=0.240

SunBrightness=1.00

SunLightLevel=0.9999999999999999999999 <---this should NEVER be set to 1.00 or higher, as it will introduce graphic anomalies (wierd colors, etc.)

Edited by Fubar512

And where is that ini file? My Pc can't found it

You may have to get it out of one of the CAT files unfortunately I am not at home so I can't advise which one.

Needs to be extracted....flightdata.cat in SF2E

Edited by MigBuster

Thanks a lot guys!! Adding more nines will add more light?

Thanks a lot guys!! Adding more nines will add more light?

Those settings will result in a light level similar to this:

gallery_279_43_206071.jpg

Edited by Fubar512

don't forget, you can have SEPERATE environmentalsystem.ini in Terrain folders too. Tailored to each specific latatude (DBS is a good example). YOu just need the entry in the terrain's main ini (don't have one handy, otherwise...)

wrench

kevin stein

eewww that made me think of something. Ya'll fellas in SF2 can "save" missions right? Save and quit, change Enviro Latitude, and re-start game. The stars will be shifted I suppose. This would help if you fly a B-58 over the pole or something. Is this Correct Thinking?

I have always felt the ground is a little too dark, i.e., it does not really have that "sun-lit" look that real terrain has when viewed from the air. Are there any separate adjustments that can be made to light up the ground a little more?

Bob

Several methods in Enviro. One is AmbientColor.

Study this deeply ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1447 and experiment to Taste.

Unfortunately, Enviro offers no way to tweak terrain brightness alone, as the methods available also affect lighting on other things in the game. But, think of what we are needing here. Terrain is what? Terrain is tiles, which are bmp or tga. You can brighten tiles in a photopaint type program. I've done it but takes some time if you have alot of terrain tiles. Make backup copies of tiles before doing this.

**EDIT** that link is for old SF1 games, as with Patch 2008 TK has eliminated the realistic sunward sky glow, replacing it with blood red camera lens glare. That's why I'm stuck with SF1 2006 until maybe the Luthier Korea (?) sim comes out (and if its moddable). Otherwise the Old Enviro is much the same as the New Enviro.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Lexx,

Very impressive link.

Has TK ever published anything about the source code that would specifically state what each variable does and how a change in the assigned numbers will change effects of the variable? Sounds like it is pretty much trial & error at this time.

Is there anyway to produce sharp-edged cockpit shadows that change with sun angle?

Bob