Sign in to follow this  

North Dakota Tanker

North Dakota Texaco tanker v1.0 for SF2

This is an attempt at making a better-looking target as compared to the stock cargoship. I think this looks better.

Be advised this uses normalmapping and is thus incompatible with versions of the game earlier than february 2010. Works fine in DX9 however though you'll not see any per-pixel lighting. Won't work in 1st gen games so don't even bother.

Pictars:

texaco3.jpg

texaco4.jpg

Installation:

Simply extract the contents of the package into your ground objects folder. It'll overwrite your stock cargoship so that, you know, it'll actually show up in missions.

Known Issues:

Destroyed model absolutely refuses to show up ingame. However I've included the lod file so any enterprising souls can give it a go.

Credits:

Model & textures by Nils 'Julhelm' Dücker

Disclaimer:

You MAY NOT use any part of this package in any payware package or otherwise take credit for it without first consulting me.

Any problems post on the combatace boards or mail to NilsD <at> bredband <dot> net

• Like 1

Nice!

A Version of a Dry Freighter or Bulk Carrier would cool.

Excellent! :good: BTW, it seems that the destroyed model does work in SF2I March 2010 patch.

post-25451-12734091534797.jpg

Oh cool. I'll fix it so it doesn't go black when killed then.

Thanks a lot for your work Julhelm,:good:

I just have one problem the tanker will not show up in the single mission editor using the Iraq\Iran Terrains. But it will show up if I use the Israeli gamedefault to Terrains. Any idea why thisis happening and how to fix it please. :drinks:

I just have one problem the tanker will not show up in the single mission editor using the Iraq\Iran Terrains. But it will show up if I use the Israeli gamedefault to Terrains.

Check this topic: CombatAce Link

Perhaps you must modify your iran/iraq terrain. The stock terrain is allready updated to use this.

the updated I/I terrain I released some weeks back has the SF2 required _water.bmp. All one needs to do to confirm is actually LOOK in the terrain folder

why a particular ship dosen't work, I have no clue.

Silly me, I forgot to set the start time for the ship. I knew it was going to be a silly mistake, but like they say you learn from your mistakes. :drinks:

Edited by umm

Sweet! Thanks Spec.

Edited by PureBlue