Sign in to follow this  

As a newbie, when I want to add a plane, mission or campaign to SF2 Israel I am told to put them it in the MOD folder. Where is it

located. I have looked all over my computer, this site and KB.

Thank you

User/Saved Games/Thirdwire

Like for me it would be:

EricJ/Saved Games/Thirdwire, etc.

Surely 007, you must joking. Where else would the MOD folder reside, but within the halls of the ministry itself?

Sorry, couldn't resist :grin:

Sorry guys to be so thick headed but I have no 'User' file. I am running XP home and there is no 'User' folder in any of C:\Documents and settings\ "My name\My documents\Thirdwire\StrikeFighters2 Israel nor in C: Program Files\

Thirdwire\Strike Fighters 2. I even ran a Windows search and got User folder in Windows\System32\Microsoft\Project but no thirdwire.

Any Ideas?

"C:\Documents and settings\ "My name\My documents\Thirdwire\StrikeFighters2 Israel" is the mod folder. "User" is in Win7/Vista setups.

well it don't work for me, I am not a computer expert but I could not get it to put planes in game.

well it don't work for me, I am not a computer expert but I could not get it to put planes in game.

It does work and its on your folder designated by whatever name you gave you system.

as previous messages here showed, the path (location) is in relation with your own name and the system, XP and Vista/7 don't share a common location unless you do modify this via the options.ini file

well i tried again, looked in single missions not there. I just don't get it so I give up. Mods were easy to install in gtr2 but this is not happening for my old brain to figure out. thanks

Perhaps these images will be of some help.

You can see how its' set up in the /users/savedgames/ThirdWire.

in the second image, of the actual folders, you can see the folder 'tree' is EXACTLY like 1st Gens, with a couple of additons (Pilots, Guns, and the Decals folder where ALL decals must be moved too, to work)

wrench

kevin stein

you're right, Sony, I should have mentioned it's in Win7.

wrench

kevin stein

This is what I do. Go to your saved games directory, in there you will find an options.ini. In there you will find a line about half way down that says something like this:

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=C:\Users\Administrator\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam

Change it to this:

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=C:\Users\Administrator\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam\Mods

You then restart the sim, then close down again and this time when you go in this saved game folder you will find a mods folder. Hey presto, job done. Drop all your mods as instructed into that one.

Hope this helps, it's how I do mine. But I must stress that I have gone back to Air and Ground expansion gold on my WOV install due to some issues with SFV2 abd graphic anomolies.

All the best.

Dogzero1...

I do it yet another way (well, it could help)

First, I edit the main ini file (e.g. StrikeFighters2 Israel.ini)

I adapt the [options] section as follows:

OptionsFile=E:\Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Israel\Options.ini

then I edit that options.ini file to enable mods and define their location:

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=E:\Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Israel\

this way, all mods and their main link are separated from my system drive and from the game installation folder, to be safe and easy to backup when required

ok i did as dogzero said and the mod is there, now I want to download planes like f5. I tried putting it in object aircraft folder but does not show in single flight. Am I still missing something?

p.s. thanks all for helping me I REALLY appreciate this!

I have win 7

Edited by Dragon8

you should put it in the aircraft folder from the mod folder, not from the main game

Hey Wrench what is the SF2Sqmd folder listed in your mods folder?

that's the realllllyyy old WoVSqmd, with a renamed folder and exe, so it works in various installs. It's a mission builder (that I've never quite learned how to use). It comes in real handy for locating target areas for placement when I'm doing terrains.

It's somewhere's in the downloads section, probably in Utilities/Tools. You can have multiple 'installs' of it, in you have mulitple game installs. You just rename the folder and exe to match the instll name.

Say, like a WW2 MTO, you'd call it WoEMTOSqmd, etc for other. Once the folder/exe is renamed, you open a planning map for whichever terrain you want, and it remains 'pointed' to that game install. Ver slick!

wrench

kevin stein