Sign in to follow this  
dtmdragon

Advice on SF2E terrain add ons

Hi guy, just after a bit of advice.

What is the better add-on to upgrade the SF2E terrain (I have SF2E & SF2I) ATI HDR Mod 1.03 or HR SF2E GermanyCE terrain update? And how do they compare to terrain in the Nato fighters 4?

I have an ATI 4850 512 card so just trying to figure out which add-on will give me the best results?

As I understand it Nato fighters 4 comes with many add on aircraft but there are issues with thier effects not working?

Cheers from New Zealand,

Dan.

Edited by dtmdragon

The HI res terrain is a reworked terrain with seasons for SF2E - you can download and try it, and if it slows you down too much then take it out again.

The HDR mod is not a terrain (even though its in that section) it just gives better frame rates if you have a multicore CPU and run it on Vista/Win 7, and dont use advanced shaders (ie if you are using an older game, or an SF2 game with lower settings, or your card only does DX9).

However if you have an SF2 game and your card supports DX10 then using higher settings will use the advanced DX10 shaders giving better rates (or you can force them on) so HDR is maybe not the best option in that case.

Im not sure which effects issue you are on about - Nato fighters + in the SF2 section should be set up okay. If not you may just need to add a line to the effects inis - again this is if you use DX10

Edited by MigBuster

The HI res terrain is a reworked terrain with seasons for SF2E - you can download and try it, and if it slows you down too much then take it out again.

The HDR mod is not a terrain (even though its in that section) it just gives better frame rates if you have a multicore CPU and run it on Vista/Win 7, and dont use advanced shaders (ie if you are using an older game, or an SF2 game with lower settings, or your card only does DX9).

However if you have an SF2 game and your card supports DX10 then using higher settings will use the advanced DX10 shaders giving better rates (or you can force them on) so HDR is maybe not the best option in that case.

Im not sure which effects issue you are on about - Nato fighters + in the SF2 section should be set up okay. If not you may just need to add a line to the effects inis - again this is if you use DX10

Thanks for that, what are the updates I have to do for NATO fighters 4, as I use DX10?

Thanks again,

Dan.