Sign in to follow this  
zzzspace

zzzspace Sounds V5.0 for Lock On 1.02

Version 5.0 - for Lock On 1.02

GhostDog, could you please replace the version now online with this newest version and update its descrption text as well--thanks for everything mate!

[Edit by GhostDog]

Description: Version 5.0 sound pack is the only version available that is 100% compatible with Lock On 1.02 It contains several other optional mods of mine as well.

Other mirror sites are welcome to also host this V5.0 effects pack--enjoy.

regards to all,

zzzspace

PLEASE READ WHILE DOWNLOADING - README TEXT

---------------------------------

Version 5.0 Effect Pack

---------------------------------

LOCK ON MODERN AIR COMBAT .WAV SOUND EFFECTS REPLACEMENTS

FOR LOCK ON - VERSION 1.02

by zzzspace

18th June 2004

==============================================================

These sounds are NOT designed to work properly with any earlier version of Lock On.

It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that these Lock On sound slider settings be used, in order to hear

these sounds as they were designed and intended:

MASTER VOLUME = 100% (or to whatever setting works best to balance in with any voice comms program you may use)

MUSIC = 20%

RADIO = 35%

ENGINES = 100%

MECHANICALS = 100%

EFFECTS = 100%

WIND = 100%

WARNING = 50%

COCKPIT = 85%

[NOTE: Don’t forget your voice comms program has a volume slider as well for adjustments]

ABOUT THIS PACK:

These are replacement sound effects and texture add-ons to be installed using the LOMAN utility (manual installation instructions are not supplied and will not be given). This is not just a sound effects replacement pack, but is also a re-configuration of Lock On's sound image in terms of the distances, angles and intensities at which sounds are heard. It also incorporates a number of other optional mods.

IF YOU EXPERIENCE SOUND GLITCHES:

This pack is NOT designed for use on lower spec PC’s; however, there is an included "Sound_10km.cfg" file which is an alternative sound configuration with a 10km audible sound-bubble, for use with lower spec PC on-motherboard sound systems. It is only to be used if are having trouble with the usual 25km audible range of this sound pack. To use this alternative config file, delete the file Sound .cfg to be found in the folder;

C:\Program files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Sounds

Then rename Sound_10km.cfg to Sound.cfg (NOTE: Capital "S" in Sound.cfg).

--

RADIO CHATTER

This sound pack incorporates low-level background cockpit radio chatter. This chatter can be removed by manually deleting the file CockpitSystems.wav found in the folder;

C:\Program files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Sounds\Effects

Then just rename the file CockpitSystemsALTERNATIVE.wav to CockpitSystems.wav and you are done.

--

DEMO TRACK & DEMO MISSION:

This pack also contains a battle track and mission demo:

zzz_Sounds_Demo.trk

zzzspace_sound_test_mission.mis

--

HIGH CONTRAST LIFT LINES:

My newest reflectionless high-contrast lift-lines and scratchless canopy mod is also released for the first time within this pack. They can be optionally installed or un-installed using LOMAN 2.1

--

SEA TEXTURE:

I’ve also included my alternative sea texture called, sea-256m.BMP

If you wish to use it, you can MANUALLY extract it from the zip and place it into the folder;

C:\Program files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Bazar\TempTextures

Then set Lock On to LOW water setting within Lock On’s options to enable it.

--

DISCLAIMER:

Use of these files is AT YOUR OWN RISK--backup first! This zip file has been checked with the latest update of PC-cillan and passed clear of all documanted computer virus.

Enjoy Lock On community!

zzzspace

18th-June-2004

PS. Cheers to VAAF and special thanks to Ado (Malletta) for primary hosting of this effects pack. Big thank you to Eagle Dynamics for Lock On 1.02

Hey ZZZ -

I will have them uploaded to our server ASAP

hey zzzspace thanks for the sounds , been with them since version 1.0 but with this version i get a lot of low fps for instance when you almost reach the sound barriere it get realy bad , havent tested it further for the rest looks good

keep up the good work

oh and the radio chatter that i dont have anymore and i didn't not deleted it

zzzspace wrote in his readme file:

HIGH CONTRAST LIFT LINES:

My newest reflectionless high-contrast lift-lines and scratchless canopy mod is also released for the first time within this pack. They can be optionally installed or un-installed using LOMAN 2.1

How can i uninstall these files using loman 2.1?

When i delete the 7 files manually and turn on reflections i get a white stripe in the middle of the F-15 canopy.

Chris

You can select them and remove one by one w/LOMAN. There is a checkbox below the list of files on the right side, check that and the install/uninstall boxes go from grayed out to active.

awesome sound mod =) but i have problem about other planes sound level in canopy ...its just too loud :(

Indeed, but that aint a problem with his mod. This patch turned the cockpit volume way up. A bug i guess... :huh:

hi zzz great job.. 1 question though when i run the demo trk for the sound file from your 5.0 sound pack.. i only get a max of 8 fps averageing 4fps is this right ... i run all the other trks blazeing along on my x800 pro at 30fps average.. please advise is ther a prob with my hardware acseleration ..my mobo is the new nvidia soundstorm asus a7n8x e deluxe with bios 1008.. also i have a 3200 xp and twinx corsair 1250meg is it the file or my dx aceleration ...?what do you get and ghostdog

Yeah, the volume from the wingman is too loud, but that is just the way Lock On handles the sounds from all exterior objects, i.e. any sound that is replicated is also doubled in volume during playback.

With one engine you get volume level x but with two, you get x + x ... so when you have another jet beside you the sounds are all double ... and unfortunately, this volume doubling is heard inside the cockpit as well  ... so when you have 4 jets in close formation ... scheech! ... way too loud!

You don't notice this so much from the standard sounds that come with Lock On, because they were very quiet and muffled (dulled down) to begin with.

In order to get all the other sounds and views to work with proper dynamics, loud wingmen is the result, there's no way to get around it (unless E.D. did another patch and worked in a way to isolate the other aircraft sounds, so that you only hear the sounds from your aircraft—but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one happening anytime soon, if ever).

To compensate, I set the wingmen to always fly open formation, which is much more realistic anyway (or I vector them to the next waypoint, and I fly above them, which works better tactically anyway). But at the airfield it's pretty loud with another jet (or 4) near you.

Sorry guys, it can't be helped, for the time being.

I dont really see the volume issue as any trouble at all, actually i like it because you can hear your wingman comin up behind this sound mod is awesome its the best lock-on mod by far imo great work!!

Can someone get my sig to work?? :(

Edited by HAmmer

Can someone get my sig to work??  :(

Hey HAmmer and welcome to Biohaz.

Click on you name in the top bar. Click on "edit my signature".

Type [ IMG ]http://home.wi.rr.com/roadway/hammersig1.gif[ /IMG ] ...(remove spaces) and click on "Update my Signature"

EDIT: ... ahh shouldn't have told you. That other sig with the moving A10 is going to haunt me ;)

Thanks GhostDog :)

Ill leave the other gif off it is kind of annoying

ZZZSpace:

Great Mod. I only reinstalled LOMAC once the patch was releaed. So other than playing your files with players, this is my first experince with them.

Seperate from your mod, the first explosion gives me a microstutter, and I think its down to the explosion sound loading for the first time. Anyway to disable this sound altogether?

I tried renaming all the ground explosion files, but sound is till playing.

I posted on the ubi forum, but I don't know if you go by there anymore.

Thanks

Did you try the Sound_10km.cfg alternative sound configuration option described in the readme Eagledeer? That is most likely to solve it.

This is what it says;

IF YOU EXPERIENCE SOUND GLITCHES:

This pack is NOT designed for use on lower spec PC’s; however, there is an included "Sound_10km.cfg" file which is an alternative sound configuration with a 10km audible sound-bubble, for use with lower spec PC on-motherboard sound systems. It is only to be used if are having trouble with the usual 25km audible range of this sound pack. To use this alternative config file, delete the file Sound .cfg to be found in the folder;

C:\Program files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Sounds

Then rename Sound_10km.cfg to Sound.cfg (NOTE: Capital "S" in Sound.cfg).

Edited by finiteless

Thanks--I'll give it a shot.

I did a clean reinstall and did not apply any loman add ons and the stutter was noticably less (it only happens on the first explosion). I think I may run only with Z's sounds and the flare fps fix and, possibly, with the alternate sound.cfg. I am an fps junky and like to never dip below 20. I'm running a 3.06 1 gig ram 9800 pro and Audigy Zs, and usually average 30-40, with 20 obver cities.

Hey Eagledeer and welcome to BioHaz

Many effects in the game gives a noticable stutter the first time you use them. Guns, explosions, flares and others... once they have been used i guess the efx's are cached in ram. I dont think theres anyway to completely get rid of that.

zzzspace,

Can I ask you what program you used to convert the original Lock On sound to 176 bits? Thanks :lol:

zzzspace,

I was looking over your sound10km config file and noticed that this line is not in the default Sound.cfg of Lock On patch 1.02

Track { Mode3D = false; Loop = false;Front = true; Inside = 180; Outside = 180; Volume = 1.0; Silence = 1.0; Size = 100; Radius = 100; Group = "Warnings"; }

Can you confirm this? Many thanks