Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Ca_Stary's Enhanced Israel Terrain

I am uploading it now. You have to see to believe it.

img00013.JPG

img00015.JPG

img00017.JPG

Dave, the version with trees doesn't look bad either :rofl:

Seriously, thanks you again for helping me out :salute:

Series 2

but should work with 1 too

Guest Raden

IsraelME or Israel2? Or both? Thanks.

Some shots with included (but optional, not forcing anyone to use them) treemod and heightmaps:

IsraelME or Israel2? Or both? Thanks.

Thirdwire's IsraelME

So... that HM trick actually works for non-sea tiles???? Excellent ... gonna have to make some adjustments on the Isreal2 retile (as I removed them...)

How does this effect the IME targets enhancement pack I did a coupla years ago? (meaning: placement of target areas that might conflict with trees/buildings/cows/chickens/camels/etc)

Still, I notice the airfields aren't in a cleared zone....

damnitall i want my new machine!!!! (do we have a crying smilie??)

wrench

kevin stein

Wow looks nice! Especially the last 2 screenies. :clapping:

Is it possible to create this as a standalone. What I mean is I want to keep the default and then do a copy of it and add the new tileset in. What needs editing just the data ini.?

So... that HM trick actually works for non-sea tiles???? Excellent ... gonna have to make some adjustments on the Isreal2 retile (as I removed them...)

How does this effect the IME targets enhancement pack I did a coupla years ago? (meaning: placement of target areas that might conflict with trees/buildings/cows/chickens/camels/etc)

Still, I notice the airfields aren't in a cleared zone....

damnitall i want my new machine!!!! (do we have a crying smilie??)

wrench

kevin stein

Kevin,

first, sorry to hear about your system crash

As your IME targets were for gen1 WOI I haven't tested them in SF2 (don't have Gen1 on my drive nowadays) -I suppose there might be some targets with trees inside of them when using treemod; without it, using just tiles I don't see much troubles.

HM works nicely, but causes some problems with near/far clipping, atleast I think it's caused by them, it's covered in the attached readme. Maybe I or someone with ins-and-outs of flightengine.ini will be able to fix the mentioned bug.

As for airfields -I wasn't messing with retiling, as bases tileset has prefixAB.bmp tiles for them.

Wow looks nice! Especially the last 2 screenies. :clapping:

Is it possible to create this as a standalone. What I mean is I want to keep the default and then do a copy of it and add the new tileset in. What needs editing just the data ini.?

Apart from editing the data.ini you'll have to rename (after extracting) the TFD and HFD files to new terrain name (ie. IsraelMEplus as an example)

and of course all the new pointers for terrains' ini files in the new terrainname.ini file (this example IsraelMEplus.ini)

edit:

clarification and typo

Edited by Stary

Is it possible to create this as a standalone

Yes; same way we did ANW before I converted it to 4 seasonss, how I created the "Empty Desert" (ie: desert2) and how Piecemeal created the Desert3....

1) create new folder, call it "IsraelME2)

2) install all the new bits.

3) In this new folder, Rename IsrealME.INI to IsrealME2.INI

4) rename TFD and HFD (if supplied -if not, extract from IsrealMe.cat and place in new terrain folder) to IsrealME2.TFD and IsrealME2.HFD

5) create new cat pointer line in IsrealME2.INI, pointing the the IsealME.cat...

CatFile=..\IsrealME\IsraelME.CAT

If there's another step, I disrmember it.

But why you'd want to go through all this trouble....well.... :dntknw: In SF2, since this would go into the /Terrains sub-folder of the Mods folder, removing it is a simple 'delete folder' click. In WoI, a simple copy/paste/rename of the stock IsraelME folder should do it. Or, as this looks like tile bmp/tga/and tods, simple removing them should do it to restore to 'stock'. (oh forgot -- and new inis, too)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

thanks Wrench, seems I forgot few steps of cloning terrains

ok, thx. i am still suffering from my factory reinstall of my pc due to black screen in vista. I have to start all over again adding files to the folder.

Hi :bye:

... tested (with trees option), very very beautiful... Ok! :good:

Thank you Stary!!! :clapping:

Pierre

Edited by Coupi

Currently Testing in Series one install with Treemods and Heightmpas. So far so good but I need more testin to eb sure.

A Question: since I assume Afghanistan uses the same WOI tile name conventions, would this terrain and tile set be usable for Afghanistan as well

Currently Testing in Series one install with Treemods and Heightmpas. So far so good but I need more testin to eb sure.

A Question: since I assume Afghanistan uses the same WOI tile name conventions, would this terrain and tile set be usable for Afghanistan as well

Thanks Canadair,

I don't have series1 installed, and run out of HD space to install and test it in WOI -much appreciated!

I'm not sure what's A-stan tileset naming convention, if it's the same -should be no problem, depending on that map's data.ini

Stary,all is working, a great eyecandy adventure,no fps drops all maxed out

except one thing..

mostly the terrain upload in every type of mission stops at 80% and application doesn't respond using task manager.

Star again and works,change plane and don't....

I really don't know where the error lays!

X-RAY 80%? isn't it when plane textures are being loaded into engine? :dntknw:

Have you tried with lower settings, ie. medium?

edit:

I'll try to upload smaller (512x512) textures version later today, there might be GPU overload when mixed with ultra-hires (ie. Sundowners' 2048x2048) plane textures :this:

Edited by Stary

X-RAY 80%? isn't it when plane textures are being loaded into engine? dntknw.gif

I really don't know what happens at 80%!!!

I'm using default planes by now,none ultramegahirez textures,strange thing is that sometimes goes and sometimes not!

what means ie?

"in example" :rofl:

X-RAY 80%? isn't it when plane textures are being loaded into engine? dntknw.gif

edit:

I'll try to upload smaller (512x512) textures version later today, there might be GPU overload when mixed with ultra-hires (ie. Sundowners' 2048x2048) plane textures this.gif

yes,I can confirm in GermanyCE terrain,I've resized to 512-512 and solved in,without any losses in your terrain quality!

512x512 are of enough quality I think, will try to upload later, I have some problems with uploading files from my computer

Shots of Germany CE from 1024-1024 to 512-512 resize:

post-26946-12734077832388.jpg

post-26946-12734077981869.jpg

post-26946-12734078117476.jpg

post-26946-12734078235396.jpg

I don't see great differencies,do you?

I love the tree size in this mod, perfect balance :good: