Dave

Enhanced SF2: Israel Terrain by CA_Stary

try the 512x512 tileset version uploaded by USAFMTL, lower resolution textures still look good and might help

one more thing, there were few bad entries in IsraelME_data.ini regarding tree-shape tga files used on specific tiles, causing odd looking trees on several tiles, here's the adjusted data, just in case you use trees or trees with heightmaps:

be warned, as this data is for SF2I, if you have your own version modified for WOI, copy the section starting from

[Texture140] to the end of file, and paste to your own WOI version of IsraelME_data.ini

thanx stary it works now with the 512 textures

good news :ok:

remember to apply the fix for trees (only if you use them!) I posted two posts above

Crash at 100% loading is due to Israel_data-ini saved in unicode. In series one it must be saved in ANSI

Thanks Canadair to be honest, I didn't know that ANSI vs. Unicode thing is so important. I switched to new series, not going back I'm affraid :this:

stary how u add up the new trees i copied the folder in to the israel me but nothing happend what shall i do thanx

Crash at 100% loading is due to Israel_data-ini saved in unicode. In series one it must be saved in ANSI

Got it! Works now.

Thanks CA_Stary and Canadair!

stary how u add up the new trees i copied the folder in to the israel me but nothing happend what shall i do thanx

no, not the Trees folder, only the files from inside of it , these files should go to your terrains/IsraelME/

hi stary i put the files inside my israel me folder i can see the trees it works but they flicker if u fly low what should i do next thanx soo much for the help

Got it! Works now.

Thanks CA_Stary and Canadair!

Same here, thank you Stary for a hell of a job and Canadair for the tweaks !!!good.gif

Hou doe,

Derk

hi stary i put the files inside my israel me folder i can see the trees it works but they flicker if u fly low what should i do next thanx soo much for the help

WOI, right? hjave you tried applying the modified parts from IsraelME_data.ini Canadair posted?

This terrain is amazing!! Sad part is that with all the mods and tweaks installed I have slowly pushed my system to the point where it could take no more and this work of art was the final blow that took the frame rates to an unplayable stutter.

After I've seen whats possible with this series i just cant go back :cool:. I guess its time to look into overclocking my CPU.

Icarus999, try the 512x512 textures version available for download, should help keep playable framerates

it works and its amazing thank u stary and malibu43 and everyone who worked on this lovely terrian model

Here's again corrected version for those using both trees and heightmaps, last one was buggy too:

only for series 2

hi there -

I'm having some trouble getting this going, not sure what I'm doing wrong (although I'm sure it's something!)

I've got an 'individual' install, in my

C:\Games\ThirdWire\WOI 2\Strike Fighters 2 folder.

So far I've tried placing the new IsraelME folder in my

C:\Users\Johnny\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Israel\mods\terrains

folder but I still see the stock terrain, then I tried placing it in my 'regular' Terrains folder as an earlier poster had mentioned, but I still am seeing the stock terrain.

Any tips would be appreciated, as this terrain looks pretty great!

Thanks-

hi there -

I'm having some trouble getting this going, not sure what I'm doing wrong (although I'm sure it's something!)

I've got an 'individual' install, in my

C:\Games\ThirdWire\WOI 2\Strike Fighters 2 folder.

So far I've tried placing the new IsraelME folder in my

C:\Users\Johnny\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Israel\mods\terrains

folder but I still see the stock terrain, then I tried placing it in my 'regular' Terrains folder as an earlier poster had mentioned, but I still am seeing the stock terrain.

Any tips would be appreciated, as this terrain looks pretty great!

Thanks-

Hi jspec01,

I wasn't too specific in readme, your patch should be:

C:\Users\Johnny\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Israel\terrains\

without the MODS folder

-by writing mods I meant "C:\Users\user name\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Israel\terrains\"

Hi, but what about merged install? Youre focusing on single installs.

I made this and use in merged install, as stated in readme which apparently you've missed :smile:

"Designed for SF2:Israel by Thirdwire, either stand-alone or merged installation.

Made for and tested in SF2 merged, Nov. 2009-B and March 2010 patches"

Stary, I need to send you a PM. Your box must be swamped (no surprise because of quality of your stuff|)

Stary, I need to send you a PM. Your box must be swamped (no surprise because of quality of your stuff|)

right, it's full, will clear asap

edit:

try now, dumped some 200 PMs :smile:

Edited by Stary

Is this compatable with SF2E? I dont own Iseral yet :D I still need to play through Vietnam and sf2e :D

Is this compatable with SF2E? I dont own Iseral yet :D I still need to play through Vietnam and sf2e :D

No, its for SF2: Israel.... thus the title:

Enhanced SF2: Israel Terrain by CA_Stary

:rofl::lol:

Just poking fun at you.