Sign in to follow this  
Wildfowler

Help Please!

I use FE Gold. I have a number of excellent add on aircraft.

I have just installed the solid objects mod. Now my terrain in all areas has no trees at all. Buildings are there and they are solid!! But no trees or other ground objects.

Any idea whats wrong!!

Thanks!!!

Guest Raden

I use FE Gold. I have a number of excellent add on aircraft.

I have just installed the solid objects mod. Now my terrain in all areas has no trees at all. Buildings are there and they are solid!! But no trees or other ground objects.

Any idea whats wrong!!

Thanks!!!

I am not an expert in tiling or "terraining" stuff. Yet, I when encountered some issues, then I read the KB on related topics on how-to etc. Most of the time I found some solutions by doing trials and errors exercises, SAVE fisrt the ori(gininal) file/terrain data ini, etc.

Check out ur TGA files in said terrain. Something like the TERROBJECT Trees sound like that.

Last time I had the offending such sub-files within my GermanyCE terrain,where Forrests appeeared like GIANT Billboards throughout.

I simply WIPED OUT all the files in the GermanyCE EXCEPT the dot CAT file (a bit large file). Next, I extracted the CAT file, and created a new GermanyCE which is from the original stock of the terrain, namely, the dot CAT file.

Only when I needed some related NEW mods of the terrain/Tiles, would I next DL from here.

Good luck. Repeat, I am not an expert on it all, yet, I spoke from experience, trial and errors.

Most senior Modders have been tied up either with their respective daily chores in this very difficult times (especially in the US, E.U. mostly Greece if any..) OR with their respective, on-going some related project with the community (CA); that some or most of them just do not have enough time to help us. Not that these good guys do not want to bail us out on some issues. They just do not have ample time for some distractions.....

The KB Thread is here somewhere. Use it pal....

Case in point -- of my doing my own trials-errors -- kindly have a look of my recent posts/attachment on TAIWAN and FORMOSA Strait issues.

Edited by Raden

I could be wrong too Wildfowler, but I think the solid object add-on might be for FE2 conversion. I have FEG and just upgraded to FE2. When using Jan's terrain I found that the solid objects in his terrains like telephone poles and sheds were surrounded by white backgrounds. This was a problem with the .tga files that they were drawn on. So I installed the Solid objects patch (I guess it's a patch) and poof, all the solid white backgrounds were gone.

Again I could be wrong. But thats what it did for me. And there is nothing about it in the Readme file. So I guess you should send JanTuma a PM.

P.S. Raden is 100% right about backing up any file you are about to change. I learned this the hard way. I have a seperate folder on my desktop for "original FEG stuff".

Edited by quack74