Sign in to follow this  
Javigato

FE2 - Clouds?

Hello, just bought FE2 (I used to play the first FE, plus the rest of the Thirdwire games) and I was wondering what cloud mods are recommended since I don't really like the stock ones. I remember when playing FE and the original SF games that some cloud mods out there were great, but not sure if those work with FE2 and SF2x...

Thanks!

Not sure myself without trying them tbh - be careful if they come with old ini files.

If not as a simple mod you could just copy cloud.tga from one of them into the "flight" (MOD) folder which will change the clouds appearance.

Thanks Migbuster! I may try that, but are there any sky/clouds mods made for FE2 or the SF2x series?

Hello Javigato. Here is what I'm using. SkyMod done by Polak for SFP1 back in '05. And it still looks good to me. I use the "HORIZONCLOUDS" with my stock FE2 "EnvironmentSystems.ini". There are a few choices for different types of clouds. They're all pretty good. And I'm using "CoudSkins2" by ShrikeHawk in SFP2 made in March 2010. This has a bunch of the lower level "Puffy" clouds. But they really dont look puffy. They have more of a cloud look and a bit more color and depth to them.

These two can be found in the SFP1&2 download section. There are a few good ones in FE download aswell. But like Migbuster said, it's really trial and error. I had to mix and match for awile to find good results. Still not 100% happy, but they look good.

Edited by quack74

These are some pics of my sky in FE2:

Sorry if there is too many pics, but it's the only way to get a feel for sky mods.

This last one is an awsome shot! I think so anyway.

Hey Quack:

They all look TERRIFIC! :good:

Looks like I have to make some changes to my games.

Thanks for the Heads Up.

WOW!!! Thanks so much QUACK74!! Your pics look great and followed your recommendations and the game now look stunning, I also added the seasonal tiles and all these just makes such a difference. One question though, it seems like the clouds are always quite high, never below 2,000 meters... is that normal?

I believe ShrikeHawk might be working on that. I did mention to him about his cloud altitude for FE.

Great! I will keep an eye for a possible fix for that. Thanks so much!!

Lovely - that looks like Polaks old skymod screens in there?