Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raden

To Wrench or Senor Aircraft Mod-Orator Types

Guest Raden

Sorry all, I made a slight error, hitting reply button instead. So, the post double.  I shall soon delete the first one.

Edited by Raden
  • Dislike 1

Guest Raden

Wrench, sorry about ur crashing machine.

Btw, here in Jakarta (www.bhineka.com) r many new laptops/notebooks (I hate stand-alone desktop as they consume lots of wattage.) with various choices of HDD capacities. Latest one being the ACER with DDR3, Core17 processor, 640 (?) GB HDD, and if I am correct with a max of 8GB Graphic Mem, with a standard of NVIDEA (?) not ATI of 1K GB (?). 

Why I touch on this first? 

Now I learn, if I next buy a new Notebook, I shall not buy one with beyond 500GB HDD.

Reason: currently there r only a max of 1TB external HDD available (not so expensive, check it out), which, to me a good one only if I ever use a laptop with LESS than 1TB HDD.

What if the laptop's hdd crashes in a 1TB HDD machine? I would used up all the space of the 1TB External HDD then, no more room for other essential files. Hence, I shall buy either the machines with a max of 320 or 500GB HDD.

Now, the main issue:

I have DL-ed some Mirrage, i.e., the Mirage200C (EAF and Taiwan), and the latest one being the South American nation's Mirage2000N. But I assigned it as an IAF Mirage, with its original skin (kindly see the attachment, also of the French and Tawanese Mirage200C.

I found that only the M-2000N sustains quick AirSpeed bleeding when it turned sharp in low speeds or below 400km/hour. Recovery was slow that twice I just crashed when flying a Single Intercept MSN, abd I was at very low alt below 300m AGL. So did my WingMan. Same thing happened with most of the IAF Kfir.

Which part the lines in the plane's data ini I can possibly tweak in order to correct the air-speed bleeding?

I suspect that its L/R front canards were responsible for the fast air-speed bleeding? Or maybe the jet's weight?

Thanks for ur reply Kevin and others. Awaiting ur reply.

Meanwhile, following r some screenies of the twoe diff Mirages.:))

That did noth happen with the EAF and Taiwanese M-2000C.

• Dislike 3

Delta winged aircraft bleed speed in high speed turns according to all accounts I have read in books, magazines and on here. In a high angle of attack state, a delta wing is essentially a gigantic air break, hence why the mirages have always been high speed, mostly straight line, bombers or interceptors and never pure fighters.

Could you at least try and spell my name right?

Also, I know diddly squat about FM (except for very basic data), so asking me about that is an echo in an empty room

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1

Guest Raden

Could you  at least try and spell my name right?

Also, I know diddly squat about FM (except for very basic data), so asking me about that is an echo in an empty room

wrench

kevin stein

My apology W-R-E-N-C-H for a slight mispell of ur name :grin:, and thaks for ur time no FM guru eh? hehehe...Also to GqynO, thanks for ur feedback. Yeah, I suspected so. Now I know the trick when flying the Delta wing Kfir and Mirage.

But, wonder why all my MiG-21s flew O.K. low- and hi-speed. Yet, the legendary MiG-17s being the most agile ones! Even when they were overloaded as Gephard nicely commented over my "Enhanced" MiG-17s -- two IRM/small AHMs or small LGRs were added on L/R front fuselage........

• Dislike 1

Wench

:yikes:eek.gif

eek.gif:yikes:

Raden, if you don't get near filling 1Tb of stuff, don't worry.

Is possible to get low power desktop? Look up the silentPC forums.

~> http://www.silentpcreview.com/

The hobby is (1) quiet computers, as fanless as possible, and (2) low power computers. Low power and quiet go together.

CPU, I use Athalon II X2 at 65 watts, and that's a year old now. New 45 watt models are coming soon, I think.

Video, I have HD 4550 at what, 10 watts lol?

They have "green" hard drives that are a bit slow but...well..."green."

For desktop durability, use 2.5 inch "laptop" drives -- SATA only. I just got a half dozen 2.5" 40GB SATA drives for fairly cheap to use as multiple independent backups for my desktop stuff.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor