Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

What's your favorite forum software?

I need some input from you guys on your favorite forum software.

We've been using InvisionBoard now for quite awhile and it's about the best free forum software out there. It's quick, uses the least server resources, and it's pretty nice from both the user and mods POV. That's not to say it doesn't have it's faults, however, and so I'm always looking for new and better. Hey, I'm a geek, what can I say! :D Also, I'm not confortable with the direction Invision seems to be moving towards with the upcoming 2.0 release.

So, I have started looking at some of the other packages out there, and the one that has caught my attention the most is the new vBulletin. You guys have seen it before, some of the biggest sites on the net use it, and even some of the big Sim sites such as FrugalsWorld use it. It's has some excellent end-user features, is highly moddable, and can support a lot of users, something I hope to have here eventually. ;)

So, what do you guys feel about vBulletin? Should we stay with what we have, or is it time to move on to better stuff? I can easily convert the existing board users/messages so we won't lose what we have. I want to make the forum the best it can be for you people, so give me some direction here. ;)

I've always liked phpbb , always been fairly easy to get up and running. Ikonboard is pretty decent.

i chekked out the board at Frugals - Looks good but i'm not a regular there so i really dont know how it works.

I kinda like the one we've got but what do i know

Invision board works fine for me, except for the 30 second spam control. Can get kind of annoying some times.

Invision board works fine for me, except for the 30 second spam control. Can get kind of annoying some times.

I just adjusted it down to 10 seconds. ;)

I've always been using phpbb and phpbb2 (all mods installed in one package) cause they're free. I like Invision but it's kind of shareware, ain't it?

Vbulletin is great. It's expensive but if i could afford it I would go for that one.