Hi guys and ~S!!

I downloaded all four of the NF series mods, and I am having some issues with the first two.

When I use the self extractor I can't seem to get the install to follow the path correctly, or it seems so. I manually put it in last night for NF1 and got it to work finally, and tried the same for NF2 with no joy. Next I extracted all of the changes to another folder and manually put each mod in it's proper folder, still having issues, like no weaps for my new planes or sounds for my F-16. Something tells me that the path is f'd up again because my controls all changed to default.

So, with the weaps, I don't know where to put some of the files, like the weaps stuff. Where do I find the weaps files like the .ini for it, or the gun editor? I tried the guneditor.exe, but it brings up a dos window for a split second then nothing.

I am kind of frustrated because I like the planes the are in this NF mod, I just need it to work right before I get too involved lol. An F-16 campaign would be just sweet. Oh, before I go, has anyone who tried this out noticed the F-4G pitch and roll values are jacked? I have an extremely slow roll with full ailerons input and it also has an exaggerated pitch up and down when the slightest input is applied to that flight axis. I don't remember seeing that with the Column 5 download. ideas?

~Stingray

hmm all 4 worked ok for me about a year back.

You are putting this into a separate new install of WOE Oct 2008?

The weps editor will need to be in win 98 comp mode to work - other instructions should be in the KB

NF1 is an exe so guess you may be specifying the wrong folder.

\Objects\Weapons is where weapons live

Maybe make another install (copy the folder of a clean copy) and try it again starting with NF1 - I would guess the path should be the top level folder of that install - but cant remember.

I think that only NF4 includes the updates for the Oct 2008 version of the game - you have an F-4G that was for an older version of the game - a lot of flight model changes were made in Oct 2008 so you need to get to the stage of installing all 4 parts before using it.

I had a problem with the NF1 and 2 installers - look in your main install for an extra folder that it created called wings over europe. In it are all of the items for NF arranged in their respective sub folders. Manually install the items

into their corresponding folders( aircraft- flight ect) of your main install folder. If you do not see a strange new "wings over Europe" folder in your main install folder check your aircraft folder it might be there.

Thank you all for replying and helping.

MiG, I did get it to work, and you were right on that one. I had two seperate folders, and while I was playing the .exe for one with most of my mods, the NF updates were going to another one who's .exe was not on my destop. I went and scrubbed WOE entirely from my comp, reinstalled letting go where it wanted to and did the same when installing NF again. I have 1,2,and 3 installed no problem. Not sure what I am waiting for for NF 4, I'll get to it though.

I put an F-4G download into my WOV and ran it, the flight model SEEMS similar. That said MiG, you know me, I am not quite the detail hound that you seem to be so maybe it is better (compliment, not a shot at you). It is wildly different to me than the stock Phantoms, the roll seems real slow compared to the E and J models. To me both of these are slow rollers until you get them fast, then they are real fun to fly, the G seems to kind of wallow, coupled with an pretty touchy pitch control so that when I try to reverse and use rudder to help it over fast, it kind of pitches up or down rapidly slowing me down a lot, I also tried the old trusty trick of rolling the same direction I was already turning to revers even faster and almost hit that really thick air at zero alt. Maybe the G was a pig in real life, that I don't know.

I flew the A-7D, and man is that thing fun as heck!! SLUFF!!! Has anyone else had this treat? MF did a great job with that one, and I had a most enjoyable flight in the crappy soup over Germany. I am really loving the NF series after having gotten it straightened out.

I have it when I am home on the SF2 series and it is a great Mod and yeah the Sluff´s fun until you meet a Su-27 as they are great at ruining your day especially when your heading in for a bomb run... :yikes: :yikes: not a fun place too be... The G does turn slowly but as we all know the F-4 does take forever to make a turn...

I have a problem and this thread is the closest I can find

For some reason Denmark Spain and Holland all show up as mercenary in campaign select with no units to select,

I have checked and im sure column 5 added them correctly but for some reason they don't work

Doing a fresh install didn't solve it, can anyone help?

I have a problem and this thread is the closest I can find

For some reason Denmark Spain and Holland all show up as mercenary in campaign select with no units to select,

I have checked and im sure column 5 added them correctly but for some reason they don't work

Doing a fresh install didn't solve it, can anyone help?

ok ...i have no idea what it was that fixed it .......it wasnt the new medals pack i added to it as i originally thought, ......but for some reason i switched out the old file with a freshly extracted one and they work again

then i readded the medals pack and it still works so i have no effing clue, ...the new file is now the same as the old one was, soooooooooooooo