Sign in to follow this  
Jenato

Soundtrack Release movie 11

Hello,

can any one tell me the title of the soundtrack used in OFF Heaven and Hell release movie 11? From a movie, series...?

Thanks

This is haunting indeed. It is a masterpiece! Without any doubt. You can not immagine how it feels to hear this, living in Flanders as I do, where it all happened! I live about 15 miles from the place where Guynemer dissapeared and Werner Voss flew into the Frezenberg!

Mr Milne has catched the spirit of what happened in this composition.

I allready found a site, thanks to your info, where I had the opportunity to listen to the full version. It gives me goose bumps.

Greetings,

Jenato

Jenato, that piece is the "Adagio for Strings" by Samuel Barber.

What UncleAl means is the title music of OFF, which is indeed by the composer Matt Milne.

Edited by Olham

You should hear the choral version. It's even more eerie.

The choral version is called

and was transcribed by the composer, Samuel Barber, much later.

By the way, Olham, it was only composed late in the thirties, so it wasn't played in the MvR's funeral.

Matt Milne composed the main title for OFF, and even if it's not an "Adagio for Strings", has its own merits; in IMHO it perfectly portrays the spirit of Over Flanders Field. And that is an artistic achievement.

Edited by Von Paulus

Von Paulus: By the way, Olham, it was only composed late in the thirties, so it wasn't played in the MvR's funeral.

Damn, that's what happens when you accept something you read in a forum, blindly.

I read it somewhere here, some time ago.

About Matt Milne's OFF Main Title: I don't get tired of listening to it. It fits the athmosphere so well!

Edited by Olham

having good music in a game makes it more polished, improves the gamelplay and immerses the player more fully. together with graphics, sound, historical details, and a clean interface, it can make for a pleasent experience and a long lasting publication.

the same goes for films, television and adverts.

i would like to contribute to other sims, ww2 in particular, but need to be asked first.

having good music in a game makes it more polished, improves the gamelplay and immerses the player more fully. together with graphics, sound, historical details, and a clean interface, it can make for a pleasent experience and a long lasting publication.

the same goes for films, television and adverts.

i would like to contribute to other sims, ww2 in particular, but need to be asked first.

good point.

for me also in movies the soundtrack is as important as the movie itself. maybe even more. what would rocky or star wars be without their soundtrack. or lord of the rings etc.

Thanks, UncleAl, for being so dogged in your PM about "Release Movie No. 11" and Matt's music.

I had indeed only started the movie and heard "Adagio for Strings".

What I missed was, that it only runs a few seconds, and then again at the end.

But all the other music during the movie is the OFF Soundtrack by Matt Milne.

I wanted to put that right, Jenato, cause I had done "our" Matt Milne wrong here.

lol, oldham.

jenato did pop along to soundclick and had a listen to the track there. and promptly emailed a fan letter, to wich i responded. i do like fanmail, keeps me going. (seriously some projects take 6 or 7 years to get to the scoring point, so there's a lot of waiting, one of the reasons why i make frequent requests for projects)

according to my catalogue the theme was completed on the 21st february 2008, almost a full year before the release of p3. polovski was kind enough to make a series of films, that let me see how the public responded to the music before release, which i enjoyed.

Von Paulus: By the way, Olham, it was only composed late in the thirties, so it wasn't played in the MvR's funeral.

Most older Americans remember Adagio for Strings as the dirge played at President John F. Kennedy's funeral. Even older Americans remember it played during the radio announcement of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's death.

Yes, BirdDog, it fits to moments of deep mourning and maybe even desperate faintness.

Matt, I know how isolated one can be about a creation and the response to it.

So here is a compliment, and it comes from the heart; I really mean it:

if Peter Jackson should ever make a movie about WW1 in the air, he would be definitely

the right man to do the job.

And your music would be the perfect choice to be the soundtrack score.

Most older Americans remember Adagio for Strings as the dirge played at President John F. Kennedy's funeral. Even older Americans remember it played during the radio announcement of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's death.

This composition is used usually in the chief of states funerals and eulogies and also in WWII remembrances ceremonies (no, this wasn't a Spielberg idea).

if Peter Jackson should ever make a movie about WW1 in the air, he would be definitely

the right man to do the job.

And your music would be the perfect choice to be the soundtrack score.

Couldn't agree more. Probably, like in many other movies, I'd enjoy more the soundtrack than the movie, which with Peter Jackson as a director of a WWI's movie, it could really happen.

lol, well peter works with howard shore, and spielberg works with john williams, and that's how that should be. but i'm available for anybody else.

Any tune that has you whistling it when out walking the Dog gets my vote!...And this tune certainly does!

lol, well peter works with howard shore, and spielberg works with john williams, and that's how that should be. but i'm available for anybody else.

Maybe it's time for Spielberg to change composer. I mean, IMHO, since Nixon's soundtrack, John Williams has not produced nothing really relevant. Long goes the time of Jaws, Raiders, Star Wars and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Everything is sounding just very repetitive and dull. It's his style. But I guess this is normal, after all, you just have to look to the movie soundtracks he composed and you'll be mesmerized. He must really be exhausted.:heat:

You'd be fine Matt.:good:

Edited by Von Paulus

lol, well perhaps. and i would love to work with stephen and george. But mr williams is still by far in a way the best composer the business has, and there are so many morons just waiting to kick him out and take his place, i wouldn't want to be one of them. we still haven't found a replacment for goldsmith, it would be a total disaster for john to leave at this point.

granted his skills need refreshing, but that's a momentary thing.

I would relish the opportunity to work on great projects, and i think i can contribute a lot.

Ah, I reckon there's always room in music for a flash of inspiration that topples the 'accepted' masters.

I'm conditionally biased, as are we all who've played OFF, in that I couldn't imagine WW1 in the air without Matt's soaring chords. OFF with a Peter Jackson budget and Matt's music... could be the finest WW1 aviation move ever. So never mind 'working with', if it were in my gift Matt's the WW1 soundtrack #1.

By way of illustration of the first point, I think Basil Poledouris' sound track for 'Conan the Barbarian' shoves Howard Shore's 'Lord of the Rings' soundtrack down the toilet and flushes it twice. I know Basil wasn't a small fish but 'CtB' is his best and most under-valued work... I keep badgering Classic FM to play 'Theology and Civilisation'.

Howard Shore is bigged up more than he deserves... IMO.

Any new music for P4, Matt? Ah, never mind, you probably can't say :grin: BTW, I absolutely love what is listed in the shellmusic directory as 'MenuMusic3.wav'... reminds me of Vaughan Williams... any chance of an HD version of that on soundclick?

re p4, haven't been asked yet. i would certainly love to score p4, to build on the success of the music of p3, but it's entierly up to OBD who they have write their music.

If new music was necessary, I hope they'd ask you again. But it may well be, that your score

was so good, Matt, that it will be used again. It hasn't "worn off on me" yet.

lol, well so do i. anywho, it doesn't reflect anywhere near what i can do today, it was 2 years ago.

It's done well with regards to publicity, and i made it so you wouldn't want to turn it off after 5 seconds, so it compliments the experience. helps to make bhah more polished, and can be a pleasent surprise to people used to more corny offerings . so i think it's done its job.

re p4, haven't been asked yet. i would certainly love to score p4, to build on the success of the music of p3, but it's entierly up to OBD who they have write their music.

Matt....I can say we would be honoured - I can also say we never considered anyone else for P4!

WM

Hey, this sounds to me like the beginning of a wonderful friendship, Matt!

Play it again, Sam!

I think your music is great, Matt. I've been playing OFF a lot, but that music never gets old. I'm looking forward to hearing more in the future. :salute:

"Matt....I can say we would be honoured - I can also say we never considered anyone else for P4!"

well alrighty then, p4 here we come. I shall put my thinking cap on. i don't expect it for a while, but give me a heads up when you're ready for scoring WM.

you can hop along to www.soundclick.com/mattmilne for an update and contact info meantime.