Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Back To the USAF Museum

I'm so envious of your proximity to the museum!

Beautiful pics. I always find it amazing to see planes that are still in operational use in a musem, like the F15 and the Tornado.

OK, they may be time expired or written of for any reason, but just the same I have the feeling that a type belongs in a museum only after it has been retired.....

Hou doe,

Derk bye.gif

I'm so envious of your proximity to the museum!

Me, too! GRRRR!

Thanks!

clapping.gif Great attention to detail with a lot of those pics Dave, well done bud. BTW, where is that museum?

That reminds me; I must dig out my old airshow photos and scan them to post on here

This helo is SSGT Curtis' a/c. He flew with it till it was retired. He was very proud that they found a home for it. Edited by Ruggbutt

Rugg

That one is famous because it was used on the raid on Son Tay during Vietnam. Its callsign was Apple One I believe.

Piece-> it's located at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH.

Often they will put prototypes or very early production, time-expired models in museums that are no longer fit for service.

GREAT SHOTS,Dave!! :clapping:

You gotta love digital cameras.

They really make great pictures.

Thanks Ezlead. Been reading up a lot on ISO settings. I would love to get Sundowners and ST0RM's input since they got me started on this hobby.

Yeah, they're great for STILL objects. For moving ones, I'm not sold.

Getting a picture of my daughter for the 1/2 second she's still before she starts moving again is literally impossible with the delay between pressing the button and the stupid picture actually being taken. I guess you need a pricey digital camera to eliminate that delay and get what film cameras always had?

I'm still learning about this whole photography thing. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more exploration done before Oshkosh this summer.