HI,

I just bought IL2 FB today! I have heard alot about the game and wanted to give it a try. I am d/l 1.21 patch. Can someone give me some ideas and websites to check out? Thanks

SailorDoc

If you don't have Hyperlobby yet, get that for online play. Also I'd check out Il2skins.com, best resource out there for extra paint jobs, and may I suggest my Fairfax Ghost B-25C Skin ;)

Welcome to Biohaz Sailor

You definately want to get on HyperLobby. Lots of people play there and playing against human oponents is a great kick.

Many people fly the Aces Expansion pack so if you like FB you might want to give that a go as well. It adds a whole bunch of new planes and you can play on many more servers as well.

Yes, the Ace X pack is a must, if you are new to FB, I have a few training missions that I designed for a few of my friends here in town that I got started on sims.... ease them into IL2 before I drop LOMAC on them. If you are interested in going up and playin around with 2 other noobs and 1 Pro, shoot me a PM.

Hi, First of all congrats on picking what I think is the BEST flight sim ever. Please once you get ver 1.2 installed, look up the IL2 Forgotten Battles website for more patches. There is the Ace Expansion Pack which is available in stores (I got mine at MediaPlay), and since that release, there have been 2 patches for it. Again, those can be found on the UBI's Forgotten Battles site.

IL2 skins.com is an excellent source of skin downloads for the planes in the game. You will need an extracting program like WinZip to download them. IL2 skins also has a links button where you can start to "expand your horizons" as far as looking into the vastness of the FB community.

Also, if your pretty adept at flying already, look into IL2 Air Racing.com for the racing aspect of the game. I am a member of that community and we hold races on Friday and Saturday for official points. (The winner at the end of the year basically gets bragging rights). If your interested in that, contact the site admin to register and pick out a racing number.

Someone mentioned Hyperlobby. Excellent choice for online gaming. I usually go down in flames myself as the competion can be quite good.

Last but not least before I bore you to death (LOL), There is a sqadron page on UBI 's forums for anyone looking to join a virtual squadron. There are many great squads to pick from depending on what your preferences are. If you join one, you will probably need to download either Teamspeak, Ventrillo, or Roger Wilco so you can talk to your squad members while in-flight.

I hope I haven gotten too windy on this, but I get excited and want to help any new people along that want to get into Forgotten Battles. If you have any questions, dont hesitate to post a message. IF you join Hyperlobby, I go by AWL_Dixie. The AWL is for Allied Wing Legion which is a virtual squad that I am a member of. I go by the same name on the air racing servers.

Again, hope I havent bored you and welcome to the best flying community and flight sim, IL2 FB.

Oh yeah, just one more word... UBI is fixing on a new flight sim for FB called Pacific Fighters which will probably be release sometime next spring. It promises to have lots of carrier action as well.

Best regards, DixieChick

Been away for some time and when I return to SF:P1 I find that they have added a forum for the source of my absence. Good news, and thx. Welcome to IL-2 it is a great sim. I'll just say ditto to the above suggestions, and have fun!

BF