Something I made for CrazyhorseB34. The tail took me 3 hours has I had to draw it by hand. Its close to the actual picture by about 85%. Other than that I used Ant's templates. Would anyone use this? If so, should I upload it?

VF-33 Circa 1979

Tarsiers had a great many schemes and flew the Phantom til 81 or 83. quite sure it would be welcome :good:

curious what book did you source out of?

Edited by daddyairplanes

what, you didn't pull the photo into PS, and do it as multi layers??? Howdcha think I did all the 100% historic nose arts for the P-61???

I'll venture a guess :grin: ... Camoflague & Markings #17 (nice side shot on pg15 -- that wouldv'e been the easiest one to use)

Personally, I think it should be uploaded. It sharp looking (although I'd add the 4-digit BuNum, and the full BuNum tags on the tail :taunt: )

A-7E for the win

post-2302-0-14075800-1331798443.jpg

RAF Bucc doing some Recon

post-2302-0-87931400-1331798495.jpg

RN Bucc evading a SAM

post-2302-0-68024400-1331798539.jpg

Marinefliger Sea King on patrol

post-2302-0-45008000-1331798606.jpg

Lightning making the kill

post-2302-0-02839700-1331798694.jpg

And another RN Bucc

post-2302-0-17419100-1331798756.jpg

Edited by Vampyre
  • Like 1

Somebody heard the Soviet Navy is hunting Tomcats and offered a token support...

post-14846-0-72203500-1331801314.jpg

Amazing pics!! Let me ask a couple of things.

- Dave, is our Dédalo available with the Matadors? Only for this will purchase NA! With the campaign editor I will add our carrier group there!

- XRay amazing pics of the Phantom intercepting the Bear, is that skin available? And the Flanker with the Kuz?

what, you didn't pull the photo into PS, and do it as multi layers??? Howdcha think I did all the 100% historic nose arts for the P-61???

I'll venture a guess :grin: ... Camoflague & Markings #17 (nice side shot on pg15 -- that wouldv'e been the easiest one to use)

Personally, I think it should be uploaded. It sharp looking (although I'd add the 4-digit BuNum, and the full BuNum tags on the tail :taunt: )

I need to fix the NAVY on the side. Well it didn't have the 4 digit BuNum and full Bunum tags......see this is circa 1979, which a lot of stuff changed on how the Navy painted it planes. Here is my proof. Also I have pulled photos into PS many thousands of times but I didn't have any good photos to use so I made my own. With better results. I do not mind critiques but it would be better if some knew what they were talking about BEFORE they opened their mouths. :good:

Low vis Tarsair's Late 1979 just before it changed its tail code to AE and was aboard the Indy (can get pics of it too if someone wants)

Updated the NAVY on the side....

I do not mind critiques but it would be better if some knew what they were talking about BEFORE they opened their mouths. :good:

like that has ever stopped any of us from speaking :rofl:

still looking good overall. i would defineatly say release. remember though that later J's all had DECM after around '74.

@wrench good book though i am also using Grey Ghosts, and SuperCarrier in research for my project.

Edited by daddyairplanes

Updated the NAVY on the side....

NAVY for SF1 and SF2 looks wrong, Dave....Should look more like the NAVY on the bottom vs the one on top...Pete

post-1808-0-28634200-1331814223.jpg

NAVY for SF1 and SF2 looks wrong, Dave....Should look more like the NAVY on the bottom vs the one on top...Pete

Rivet counter!!!! :rofl:

Rivet counter!!!! :rofl:

Easy Carlo...just an observation, not a critique... :blind:

Easy Carlo...just an observation, not a critique... :blind:

Sure, it was only a little Joke Pete! :grin:

Everyone's a critic. :lol:

RN Bucc evading a SAM

Now that's a bleak place......

Nice shot though! :cool:

- Dave, is our Dédalo available with the Matadors? Only for this will purchase NA! With the campaign editor I will add our carrier group there!

http://combatace.com...r01-sns-dedalo/

http://combatace.com...h-navy-harrier/

My Matadores have been friends of Kiev since i got SF2NA. However, i can´t make them take off the Dédalo, exploding as soon as i release the brakes

Edited by macelena

Thanks Pete the NAVY looks much better. I kept that file for use for sure.

the NAVY looks much better

You haven't seen how ARMY looks then :lol:

j/k

one must spread one's wings before flying ....

dave got me interestered in looking at the other VF33 skins .... here's Mytai's other one, convrted to SF2

"a nice day to fly over the Med"

edit: opps! forgot pic!

Edited by Wrench