Can someone tell me which F-4 download here is the Rivet Haste version. I have the WOV Gold version but the triple nickle skin included does not fit the model correctly. I just need a SEA skin that fits. Thanks.

actually i believe that Rivet Haste was a program to rewire F-4Ds in vietnam from the AIM-4 to the AIM-9 after Falcons proved unreliable again. if your flying SF2 series any F-4D flown after 1968 shiykd be kosher for Rivet Haste. 67-68 might wanna laod Falcons if you want to be historically accurate

daddyairplanes:

"Rivet Haste" was the code name for a program started in 1968 to boost the combat effectiveness of the USAF's F-4 Phantoms. The program is best known for producing specially modified F-4E Phantom IIs introduced in late 1972 to Udorn RTAFB that sported a number of improvements and enhancements, including: 1) slatted wings for better turning performance in dogfights; 2) APX-80 Combat Tree IFF interrogators to identify enemy aircraft; 3) wing-mounted TISEO (Target Identification System, Electro-Optical) telescopic sights that allowed long-range visual identification of aircraft; 4) improved cockpit layouts of key switches and controls (the "556 mod").

The Rivet Haste F-4Es are covered extensively in Marshall Michel's "Clashes: Air Combat over North Vietnam, 1965-1972." There were some F-4Ds that were fitted with the "Combat Tree," and the first of these arrived in the SEA theater from South Korea in Dec. 1971, but the Rivet Haste F-4s were F-4Es.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Eric is exactly correct. A total of 20 Rivet Haste E-models made an appearance at Udorn between 20 Nov 1972 and 13 Jan 1973, and only some 10 were actually fitted with the Combat Tree gear. All were Block 48 serials and had slats and TISEO. First combat mission was 24 Nov. Only three air-to-air engagements took place with these birds, with no score. Only one missile (an AIM-7) was fired. The planes arrived at Udorn with aircrews and their own maintenance contingent and assumed the Triple Nickel (555th TFS) squadron designation, which no doubt did not go over well with the original 555th personnel already there. These Phantoms wore a red/orange fin tip but wore no tailcodes (according to several sources, a few photos, plus an acquaintance who was there through 1973).

The Mirage Factory Arnie F-4E needs only to lose the ARN-101 fuselage spine bulge to pass for a Rivet Haste bird.

eBurger and mppd

ok i stand corrected. my apologies as i should have checked USAF Phantoms and Spirit in the Skies. rather than being lazy and goin to wikipedia

Oh don't think I was picking on anyone! Just adding a little info. I have one coming soon here. Wiki is good for lots of things, but they miss now and then.

It does seem that the ARNE bird is the only one that fits the TISEO properly. It has a SP tail code. Does that mean it was based in Germany? Good to hear you have a Rivet Haste version comming.

• Like 1

SP tail code is the 52d TFW out of Spangdahlem AB germany. the ARNie skin has that tail code as a part of the skin. i tried some time ago to take the generic Hill 2 scheme in the download section and apply it but it came out lookin to funky with the working slime lights and such. not sayinit cant be done just above my current talent and patience

interesting side note have a pic of 1 Illinois ANG Phantom coded SP it should have been soded SI for Springfeild! it was a paint shop error.

Edited by daddyairplanes