Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

can SF2I aircraft be moved to SF2E?

i have SF2V and E currently. wasnt too interested in SF2I but with the expansion pack released i am now wondering ........ using the extractor and cat files could i take aircraft from SF2I and import them to SF2E? i have done this with the F-4J from SF2V and loaded it into Europe with a No 74 SQN skin successfully. but i would really like some meteor F8's in my 1950s era install. as always any help is appreciated.

Get SF2 and SF2:I and then you will have all 4, then buy the expansion. Then when you install then, you will have one giant merged install with everything available.

true though E-5 + 4 dependents = waiting on all of it for two weeks!grin.gif

sriously though untl the exansion pack released i was planning on leaving Isreal alone. maybe its the german background, maybe it was watching too many fast jets in the field in Grafenwhoer and Hohenfels but i am more into Europe than the others. I bought SF2V for christmas mainly for carriers and naval Phantoms though it is fun to fly the Scooter now and again. however i really want the Meteor F8, and think i could manage a cockpit in the AI birds esp the C-47. Now if only TK or anyone else would release a C-54....

anyone else would release a C-54....

My thoughts exactly ... perfect for Operation Vittles and Korea!!

Like Dave said, a merged install will give you everything all in one. Or, extracting all bit from a Seperate SF2I install, and putting them in their respective folders in SF2E. It's not a jproblem, just an hours worth of work

Just like when WoV first came out, withOUT the F-104; had to extract all the bits (inis, lods, cockpit bmps/tgas, skins) and dropped into WoV. No sweat!

wrench

kevin stein

thanks wrench. just needed to know if the newer would work goin into older. now this b-day/ christmas will likely be SF2I and expansion pack rather than original SF2. as the sayin goes i'll have it in two weeks. appreciate the help guys.

Yeah merge install is the quickest solution.

Since the Mystere got it's own cockpit now, I can also fly it in Europe as France.

Edited by jomni