Sign in to follow this  
Fates

MS 'to drop' Xbox compatibility

MS 'to drop' Xbox compatibility from Xbox 2

Microsoft's Xbox 2 console will not be backwardly compatible with the current version, sources close to the company claim.

Backwards compatibility has, arguably, been crucial to Sony's success in the console arena, so it was always assumed that Xbox 2 would play Xbox 1 titles. That assumption was challenged when it emerged that the second-generation Xbox would be based on PowerPC rather than x86 technology, but Microsoft's acquisition of x86-on-PowerPC emulation software Virtual PC was thought to provide the software giant with a way to embrace an entirely new - and theoretically less hackable - hardware architecture while retaining that oh-so-important Xbox 1 software base.

Read the rest here:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/22/ms...ckwards_compat/

I wouldnt bet all my cookies on that untill xbox2 comes out..

i've been beta testing some xbox stuff... and some of it has interesting fucntions that arent availible on the xbox.....