Sign in to follow this  
Argentine Pucara

Favorite Falkand's War Aircraft

which one's your favorite aircraft of the conflict?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. which one's your favorite aircraft of the conflict?

• Super Etendards
    • Sea Harriers
    • Mirages III
    • Daggers
    • Pucaras
    • A-4A Skyhawks
    • Harriers
    • Vulcans
    • Other

And what about the Aermacchis? You gotta give the italians some credit! Those Aermacchis engaged the Royal Navy with just rockets and guns, after all.

Edited by Mothman

You can still vote for them by voting for other if they're not there. Besides, only nine of them were used in the Falklands. :ph34r::ph34r: :ph34r:

You can still vote for them by voting for other if they're not there. Besides, only nine of them were used in the Falklands. :ph34r::ph34r:  :ph34r:

Well... there were only 5 Super Etendard :P hehe.

Well at least the Super Etendards destroyed several British ships with their exocet missiles. Besides what did the Aermacchis do anyway? As far as I know the only thing they did was get shot down by the British while trying to destroy ships with their little guns. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

like the pucara - they look pretty.

which reminds me - we're thinking that if the campaign is stretched - then the argies side will have access to battlefield mods: pucaras with air launched torpedoes.

anybody aware of any other battlefield mods that were in development?

Well at least the Super Etendards destroyed several British ships with their exocet missiles. Besides what did the Aermacchis do anyway? As far as I know the only thing they did was get shot down by the British while trying to destroy ships with their little guns. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Leave my beloved Aermacchis alone! lol. If i remember well (not sure), it was an Aermacchi pilot the first one to spot the fleet in San Carlos bay the day of the british landing. Anyway, the bastard engaged a frigate with its rockets. That takes some guts!

Anyway, the Aermacchis were the first military aircraft i saw when i was a kid. That must be the reason. ;)

If an Aermacchi pilot showed guts by spotting the Britsh fleet, then I guess we should give the credit to the pilot instead of the Aermacchi he was flying. Anyway the main point is that the Aermacchi weren't of much use during the Falklands war. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :P

As for the Dagger, I must admit that they were pretty usefull to the Argentines during the Falklands War since an Argentine captain called Donadille shot down a Sea Harrier while flying his Dagger. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :D

En la playa.

I saw 2 of them flying low along the beach when i was a kid. I think it was in Mar del Plata.

Years later i saw aournd 8 Super Etendard over the same beach. I guess the guys went out looking for hot sun tanned ladies to pick up. :lol:

But that was nothing compared to what i saw in Buenos Aires near the "aeroparque" also many years ago. Almost the whole argetinian air force, including helicopters, flying in a parade for the Air Force's day. B) Now i know what "Jet Thunder" means. Gotta hear the noise!

The last parade i watched was a few months ago here in Fort Lauderdale USA where i live: an F-16, and F-15, and a P-51 flying in formation. :)

Yes, probably. B) I will never forget that fly-by over the beach because it was the first one i ever saw of a military jet.

Anyway, this is how i rank based on look:

1. Mirage Dagger

2. Vulcan

3. Super Etendard

Well I´m with you with the Dagger....

And That kill was not confirmed :(.

I just love the 6ta Brigada Aérea Home of the argentine Daggers, now Finguer (IAF MLU-Daggers)

for me its :

1 Daggers

2 A-4B/C/Q

3 Mirage III

the SUE (Super Etandart) are nice too, but I´m dying to get low and dirty between thos British frigates with notbhing but Iron bombs and canon...:D:D:D:D:D

If an Aermacchi pilot showed guts by spotting the Britsh fleet, then I guess we should give the credit to the pilot instead of the Aermacchi he was flying. Anyway the main point is that the Aermacchi weren't of much use during the Falklands war. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :P

Hi all,

first of all a big thank to the people involved in this project. I've been following news about it for a while and I starting getting really excited about flying a Pucarà or a MB339 over Malvinas/Falkland.. I do love crap planes :D

Now, regarding the MB339, it did made a succesful attack just using 20mm cannon on the 21st of May against the Argonaut just off San Carlos. And according to this article

"...That was, in fact, the total damage that the Falkland-based 36 fixed-wing aircraft and 19 helicopters inflicted upon the British fleet"

So do not touch my beloved crappy trainer!! :D :D

S!

Ed

And the fact that it has to be really interesting to land an aircraft with such a short landing gear :D :D :D :D

T

HERCULES C130 IS THE MOST INTERESTING PLANE TO FLIGHT TO 2 MTS FROM THE SUR ATLANTIC OCEAN ...................... WHIT SEA HARRIERS AROUND AND SHIPS WHIT ROCKETS ............ AND A FOKKER F27 , AND ....................

SALUDOS BOYS

Hey Baco-ECv56, if you want to get down and dirty you might as well go for the Pucara. They can fly way lower than the Super Etendard and Dagger. Besides they can carry up to 7 rocket pods and have a lot of fire power since they have four 7.12mm cannons with 270 rpg and two 20mm cannons with 900 rpg. :lol: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I Radder try my luck in a Jet (not to mention the 3 MK-17 A-4´s can carry ;))

I don´t have the guts of that Pucara pilot who attacked the fleet :D :D :D

:huh: Well the Pucaras might not be fast, but they have a pretty good armour. :D Besides only four of them were destroyed in combat(2 by SAMs, 1 by ground fire and another one was shot down by a Sea Harrier). :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

with regards to the pucara, how many mk82's did it carry?