Sign in to follow this  
Argentine Pucara

Favorite Falkand's War Aircraft

which one's your favorite aircraft of the conflict?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. which one's your favorite aircraft of the conflict?

• Super Etendards
    • Sea Harriers
    • Mirages III
    • Daggers
    • Pucaras
    • A-4A Skyhawks
    • Harriers
    • Vulcans
    • Other

I've never heard of any Argentine claims to any air-to-air kills, until today, and I've searched everywhere. Unless you've got some links and leads to back those claims up, then I can probably safely say they never happened and was just Argentine propaganda, some of the many that was floating around at the time.

The Argentines have one official confirmed air-air victory. On 28th May Pucara A-537 piloted by Teniente M Gimenez shot down Scout AH1 XT629 by cannon fire ( source: Falklands Air War, Chris Hobson ).

The Argentines have one official confirmed air-air victory. On 28th May Pucara A-537 piloted by Teniente M Gimenez shot down Scout AH1 XT629 by cannon fire ( source: Falklands Air War, Chris Hobson ).

Interesting, but no Harrier losses though in A2A combat though.

P.S we shouldn't discuss the war it wasn't that long ago.

A good friend of mine was killed aboard the Sheffield,& his wife and 2 children

never got to see him again

Well, on that note, I'm going to stop, but others probably won't.

What was his name?

Can't tell you his name.

Got to show a bit of respect.

Edited by Pete

Sorry.

Sorry I even asked mate, wasn't thinking at the time!

Edited by U.K.O.R_Ivan

Hey! As soon as I found out by chance about this simulator project I couldn´t believe that this idea was being developed in such a professional and perfect way. Its the sim. I always wished to have since a child. Congratulations on the project I can´t wait anymore to at least try it. Thanx a lot for your work guys.

Ok now to the point...

I voted the Dagger! I love this picture

post-7631-1117511957_thumb.jpg

U.K.O.R_Ivan

I've never heard of any Argentine claims to any air-to-air kills, until today, and I've searched everywhere. Unless you've got some links and leads to back those claims up, then I can probably safely say they never happened and was just Argentine propaganda, some of the many that was floating around at the time.

I´m kind of lazy right now to translate I´m tired, maybe tomorrow morning

El piloto inglés que derribó al primer teniente Perona fue el Fl Lt RAF Paul Barton; y el que combatió contra el capitán García Cuerva, el Lt RN Steve Thomas. Respecto del accionar del capitán García Cuerva, durante los quince minutos transcurridos entre el combate relatado y su solicitud de aterrizaje en Base Aérea Militar Malvinas, existen versiones, que afirman lo siguiente: García Cuerva avistó al Hermes en el momento en que un avión Sea Harrier estaba próximo al aterrizaje; se lanzó sobre el mismo y lo ametralló haciendo que, después de rebotar dos veces sobre la pista del portaaviones, rompiera el elevador y cayera al mar.

Luego ametralló el puente causando averías menores.

From the Fuerza aérea Argentina´s oficial website

http://primahost3.prima.com.ar/faa/conflic.../1_5_dardo.html

post-7631-1117512418_thumb.jpg

well at least the war is an example of how wars should be fought. when these argentine imperials (im sure that term will amuse our argentine friends here) came in, they didnt go round ravaging the place. they shat in some peoples baths and stuff for not feeding them, but there was none of the usual harshness you hear of in the news.

near zero civ casualties. bit of a shame for the argentine conscripts though - who should really have been in college or something. but as wars go, it was cleanly done.

none of this 100,000 civ casualties that the lancet projects in iraq and all that.

By the way, the only civilian casualties during the conflict were caused by British shelling. In the other hand, neither side really had controvertial war crimes( Exept maybe for the sinking of the Belgrano which was 30 miles out of the war zone, some claims that prisoners were executed at Goose Green and Mount. Longdon and in the Argentine's side, stealing sheep from herders to eat, none of these are really controvertial though, like Katyn or the war crimes being made by the US troops in Iraq, which claim to be freeing the Iraqis from the "insurgents", which are actually Iraq's own people whom are trying to get rid of the invaders who bombed their capital and killed 250,000 of them a decade ago.) It was a pretty clean war compared to what we've been witnessing in the last two decades.

Edited by Argentine Pucara
  • Like 1

My ranking:

1 MIII

2 Pucaras

3 Sue

4 Harrier

5 Dagger

6 A4

Although I'm italian, I voted the Skyhawk, a plane I love since I was a child.

As for the MB339, it isn't properly a combat aircraft, but an advanced trainer. Even our official display team, "Frecce Tricolori", keeps its combatd readiness by training with rockets and Mk.82 bombs, but the effectiviness of this little jet in a war is little: slow and underpowered engine.

The pilot who attacked a ship with this critter demonstrates the high amount of courage required to be a good pilot.

698_17.jpg

Vulcan.jpg

For me this is my favorite!

Can't fault you mate.

Thats one sweet looking aircraft.

Screen shot from FS2004

All The Best Pete

Sorry for being so French, but my 3 best choices would be :

Super Etendard, Sea Harrier, Pucaras

3 birds missing in FS9, by the way ;)

Guest Saganuay82

Via Babelfish translation:

The English pilot who demolished first Perona lieutenant was the Fl Lt RAF Paul Barton; and the one that fought against the captain Garci'a Crow, Lt RN Steve Thomas. Respect to driving of the captain Garci'a Crow, during the fifteen minutes passed between the related combat and its request of landing in Military Air base the Falklands, exists versions, that affirm the following thing: Garci'a Crow sighted to the Hermes at the moment at which an airplane Is Harrier was next to the landing; he sent himself on the same one and he machine-gunned it causing that, after bouncing twice on the track of the aircraft carrier, broke the elevator and fell to the sea. Soon he machine-gunned the bridge causing smaller failures.

Hmmmmm.

haha yeah.

it has a serious side though. it is a wasteland of inbred englanders who farm sheep and such..

..but they guard for britain a notion: Antartica. By having a presence in the south atlantic we gain a fact on the ground argument for a stake in any future spoils with regards to antartica.

the demonstration of british projection may remind other south american nations that might be interesting in future antartic claims to be aware of britains capability and interest in the region.

How do you know where not allready there? There could be a whole heap of special op type people guarding bases of military/government/civilian inbred english people anywhere all over Antarctica, besides there was a story that said Hitler was snuck out to a secret base in Argentina while lesser nazis like Mengeler just emmigrated to Argentina instead. :dry:

Edited by Aerny

The war is over and our soldiers are standing side by side in Chipre, btw. Follow their example. They're the ones who die for you. You just play PC games.

Actually I served my country in the military for the the last 15 years, and continue to do so in another role. So spare me the patronising remarks. I served with many guys who fought in the Falklands, my father in law was a sniper during the conflict.

As for the comment inbred englanders, thats so typical of you lot. You make big mouthy claims, but when it comes to backing it up with actions, you run home to mama with your tails between ur legs.

As for how long will the union jack fly over Stanley... ?

A long time fella, these colours don't run !

union-jack_sm.gif

now I would have to say the sea harrier not because of performance but for versatility. take off and land anywhere and it had a fairly good radar system for the time and even being slow it could hold its own in a dog fight because of the ability to vector thrust in mid flight to either lose the bad guy or to tighten its turn

but on the down side their unpredictable unstable inefficient ugly and often if you hover more than 90 seconds you would crash because your eating your own exhaust

well over all they suck but you gotta admit their fun to fly

well that?s just my two cents

:slow::rofl::help:

Edited by vtol fly guy

Actually I served my country in the military for the the last 15 years, and continue to do so in another role.

Let me doubt you about that....a fellow brother in arm, regardless their nationality never spoke in such terms. Maybe you wanna talk to your father in law again, and listen this time....he probably will talk about us with respect, because he know about it....he in not some kid siting behind a PC, pretending he is Rambo or wherever action hero you have over there.

As for the comment inbred englanders, thats so typical of you lot. You make big mouthy claims, but when it comes to backing it up with actions, you run home to mama with your tails between ur legs.

Yeap...you are right....here you have some pictures, to backing up what i´m saying.

cov26js.th.jpg

This two A-4´s, are about to "run home to mama with your tails between ur legs"

cov60bo.th.jpg

Bombs away

cov91bn.th.jpg

Is she sinking?????

cov152dw.th.jpg

Yeap....she´s gone. Bye Bye HMS Coventry.

I have tons of this kind of "backing it up with actions". So next time, before you end up looking like an idiot, think twice ;)

Rds

• Like 1

Let me doubt you about that....a fellow brother in arm, regardless their nationality never spoke in such terms. Maybe you wanna talk to your father in law again, and listen this time....he probably will talk about us with respect, because he know about it....he in not some kid siting behind a PC, pretending he is Rambo or wherever action hero you have over there.

Yeap...you are right....here you have some pictures, to backing up what i´m saying.

cov26js.th.jpg

This two A-4´s, are about to "run home to mama with your tails between ur legs"

cov60bo.th.jpg

Bombs away

cov91bn.th.jpg

Is she sinking?????

cov152dw.th.jpg

Yeap....she´s gone. Bye Bye HMS Coventry.

I have tons of this kind of "backing it up with actions". So next time, before you end up looking like an idiot, think twice ;)

Rds

Nnnaaahhhh They DON'T THINK, take a look:

stricken20ardent21eh.th.jpg

sheffield2jpg2qm.th.jpg

damage43xf.th.jpg

damage1230ee.th.jpg

Cheers..

Cruz

Edited by Cruz_ECV56

Ive just read through pretty much all of this thread, and ive found it quite interesting. You've got people arguing about who shot what and when, and others having a discussion about nationalism and soverignty.

A few points i picked up on.

Pete: Good luck with the Vulcan, she needs to be saved and id be the first to want to see her flying again. However, I disagree with your point about discussing wars. Ok, i accept a friend of yours died and thats somthing i cant relate to. But surely by only talking about stuff like war, do people understand it better?

Everyone who has posted these "waay cool" pics of ships being bombed have a little respect eh? Mates of mine dads were serving there, no doubt scared for their life...just to put it in context for you.

Yeah, so of course people are gonna dispute who the islands belong to. But to say its full of inbreds? A little harsh.

I get an anti-British feeling coming from here? I dont know who isnt and who is from the US, but we could bring up a list of conflicts that you could apply the same goals as the Falklands to, or the French? or the Argentinians? Who lets be honest, got a load of their own boys killed and killed a lot of British soldiers, sailors and airmen because they were losing public support at home and their government was a wreck!!

Everyone who has posted these "waay cool" pics of ships being bombed have a little respect eh?

My thoguhts exactly, when reading both cruz's and h00ker's posts, men died on that ship, and your throwing these pictures around to score points, "Bye, Bye HMS Conventry", thats unbeliavble disrespectful, remember this was only in the 80's guys.

Hi all,

first of all a big thank to the people involved in this project. I've been following news about it for a while and I starting getting really excited about flying a Pucarà or a MB339 over Malvinas/Falkland.. I do love crap planes :D

Now, regarding the MB339, it did made a succesful attack just using 20mm cannon on the 21st of May against the Argonaut just off San Carlos. And according to this article

"...That was, in fact, the total damage that the Falkland-based 36 fixed-wing aircraft and 19 helicopters inflicted upon the British fleet"

So do not touch my beloved crappy trainer!! :D :D

S!

Ed

At the end of the day, the Argentine aviators were the only ones that took the fight to the Brits. The Argie navy sailed out, lost one ship and sailed back into port for the duration. The Army invaded and camped in town, didn't deploy or set up defenses, and when the invasion started offered only a few pockets of resistance. I don't think but a few officers left the comforts of the town. When I attended the Brazilian Air Command and Staff College, I had the pleasure of speaking with several of the Argentine pilots that were veterans of that conflict. The above conclusions are not mine, but the conclusions of a study group comprised of officers from several South American Air Forces. The Argentine aviators stood out in taking the fight to the Brits and lost many pilots flying older aircraft and doing the best they could with what they had. My hat is off to those brave souls flying any of those aircraft.

Bye the way, it could be that the MB339 was the license built Xavante from Brazil.

You can believe what you like I couldn't give a toss.

How many times did you claim to sink our aircraft carriers ?

We one you lost

And heres a reminder of the flag thats flying over Stanley !

http://www.visualbliss.co.uk/themes/unionjacks.htm

Guys, guys, this is a flight simulator forum. Suffice it to say that political reasons drove the invasion of the Malvinas and political decisions drove the re-taking of the Malvinas and there were brave men that had no real stake in the issues that died on both sides because their leaders told them to. That about sums up all wars. My hat is off to the brave aviators from both sides and my heart goes out to their families. I am only interested in a good reflection of what they had to deal with in SFP1. Emotions run high on this subject, but, please, let us all step back to the sim itself.